Is theatre still alive?

is theatre still alive?

I think it's the purest art form. Music, dance, literature, and art all combine to form badinage and a human form of entertainment

favorite playwrights?

yes

>Shakesman
>Ibsen
>Aristophanes
>Neil Simon
>Noel Coward
>Cole Porter

circumlocution and liberals

>is theatre still alive
Yeah, it's just harder to access because it's the only medium that can't be shipped directly to eh consumer. Theatre will always have its place.

>purest artform
I don't know if "purest" is the right word, but it's definitely the one I enjoy the most.

>favorite playwrights
gets it
also me desu

Brecht and Bernstein are pretty good. The play Fences was just made into a film by Denzel Washington and it was pretty good.

neat, just checked that out.

Is there a current art movement in theatre?

drop some good youtubes on the subject

What's the mos recent genius play/wright?

Romeo Castellucci

>is theatre still alive?
we call them "movies" now

>>>/the/

completely totally different thing. you have no idea how different

Fucking newfag , this is not /tv/

>music
>dance
>literature
>art
>all combined
>pure

What the fuck , OP?

And for your question , I think it is. Imo, ballet is the best thing to watch , followed closely by musicals.

Anyone who produces movies that are at all worth a shit still has a basic grounding in theatre.
Source: I work in movies (and theatre)

And just to keep the discussion rolling, a few of my favorite plays are a midsummer night's dream, our town, and streetcar named desire. Any recs?

>best thing to watch , followed closely by musicals
wtf? go back to 19th century or some shit

shut it pedro

It's some kind of hobby. I'm a medfag and after reading so much academic shit , I need a break by going to the opera with my fiancee.

it is, come on user expand your mind

you have awful taste

shut it hamletfag

>musicals

So no recs then?

im a macbethfag but im mostly talking about streetcar

romeo castelucci try him

this 'combination of art forms make an art form pure' is such a garbage meme

yes theatre is still alive but i imagine most people here are more into the idea of theatre you have when you're 12

>all worth a shit

how to tell if your argument is unfalsifiable lesson 3

hes like kanye west of theatre

>is theatre still alive?
During the 20th century, existing art forms were usurped by technologically superior variants, in this case - film. That isn't to say people neglect the classics or stopped composing plays. In fact, the older art forms now serve as experimental theorising (“innovation”) for the new art forms, and readily absorb and contain degenerate artists and appreciators (those who value morality, age, “art that makes you think”, political action, etc).

>I think it's the purest art form. Music, dance, literature, and art all combine to form badinage
Neither badinage nor multimedia have connotations of purity. And even if we follow your logic, videogames would be even more exemplary since they include interactivity.

>and a human form of entertainment
Isn't any art, by definition, human entertainment?