What are you currently writing, user?

What are you currently writing, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1iCwEi1QfyWuJ-We_dMDCUgTtya8EKx9B0hALovumsIA/edit?usp=drivesdk
archive.org/stream/4chanSpUTVFanEverythingPDF/Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
- Cyril Connolly

i've taken this advice to heart and i'm writing a full-on mary-sue epic featuring a secret organization of telepaths fighting a network of free-range researchers into fringe science. i'm never going to show it to anyone else.

i wrote a grant proposal that made me want to kill myslf all day

schizophrenia story in 1st person where the writing becomes more and more erratic near the end.

experimental comics that make no sense and no money

that's the spirit

>quote
>no links or DM's
>mfw I wanna read yo shit

Same thing I always write. Poems about the sunset.

A book on Sleep Paralysis. The introduction is a detailed account of my own experiences with sleep paralysis, and the rest is informational

docs.google.com/document/d/1iCwEi1QfyWuJ-We_dMDCUgTtya8EKx9B0hALovumsIA/edit?usp=drivesdk

It's a story about a guy who thinks he lives in an rpg going on a quest to save his town from a militant cult.

tell us more user

editing poems and working on DnD stuff

Fantasy novella. idgaf

I dig it

A haunted house novel.

I'm keeping myself occupied with short stories of kitchen sink realism while I edit my second novel.

no, you don't. i've actually written about 120,000 words on this, and there are two cases of a male character using forbidden technology to transform into a fifteen year old girl so she can be fucked ragged by aliens. it's kind of boring, to be honest.

i posted an excerpt in /d/ about a year ago and nobody cared enough to reply even to say they thought it was shit.

I like sunsets

I like them a lot

Show me your poems, and I shall grant you your heart's desire!

>/d/

That's your problem

/d/eviant sexuality is even pickier than the snobbiest Veeky Forumsizen

My diary desu be honest

A sext to your mom lol

Reminds me of the foundation series.

Nice Portal gif user

A Harry Potter fan fic starring my OC

Hey guys what do you think of my fan fic OC character?

Name: Delphini
Nickname: The Augurey, Delphi, "The banging older girl"(according to Ron)

Voldemort and Bella's secret daughter
Really powerful as a result of her parentage - can easily outfight Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco combined
Really proficient in the dark arts
Can fly without a broom
Really pretty (Albus falls in love with her straight away and makes Scorpious jealous when he sees Albus kissing her)
Nihilistic and a wicked sense of humour
Natually talented in magic without even attending Hogwarts
Doesnt have any problems casting the killing curse
Has a really cool tattoo of an augurey on her neck Stop PMing me asking why thats why

Loves: the forbidden curses, snakes, Albus(although she doesnt show it), Slytherins, Augureys, her lost father Voldemort, being badass
Hates: Mudbloods, Gryffindors, Her carer Eupheia

I don't write anything. Every time I read I'm overwhelmed by the author's talent and skill and think I should never write.

this post

Novella using a science-fiction premise as metaphor for mental health issues and self-destructive behavior.
Partially an attempt to make relatable this idea/problem I grapple with wherein I feel super certain of things I know to be wrong and see the only solutions being these super destructive or potentially harmful acts.

This is legit retarded

Stop

about white genocide, how and why it happens, why people are ignorant about it and what can we do about it

nice dubbels, godspeed

A novella about an Ocean's Eleven-type heist, but WITH MAGIC.
It's in Spanish btw

Some horror story.

Middle grade historical novel

>can fly without a broom
I don't know why but this is the part that made me die laughing

Historical fantasy with an overarching adventure quest and some magic for shits and giggles. Reminder you will NEVER travel the world in the late iron age on slow-ass boats and smelly horses.

a post post post post neo post modernism book

10/10

An essay on Austin theory of speech acts and how it relates with Derrida's deconstructive project

Im not posting here. Whats your email?

Short meta comedy about a pretentious asshole editor who unintentionally shits out a pomo masterpiece while trying to sabotage the company he's leaving to make his own startup.

Only 750 words in but I have quite a good bit planned out, taking breaks to avoid burn-out/losing direction.

Great. The world needs another one of these.

I did not choose the assignment

At least the reading is great

A screenplay. The sun has dimmed and left most of the planet a frozen wasteland. A group of volunteers venture out to see if they can find other survivors but find a bunch of strange shit instead.

Survival horror.

100,000 word novel about a teenage girl whose body contains an ancient deity that wants to escape her, causing her to be suicidal. she gets fucked ironically by the son of the pastor of a local cult that is trying to get rid of the deity. also it takes place in the 2030's so there's some sci-fi shit or something like that, idunno. i'm only 14,000 words in. this is just a guilty pleasure novel for me.

Some shitty novel set in a tolkien-esque fantasy world but with HunterXHunter anachronisms thrown into the mix. A fairly infamous thief, who is a goblin and a talented fencer, operates in a predominately dwarven city built into a mountain (it has an artificial sun and a ventilation system to keep the place hospitable). She doesn't kill people as an unspoken rule, and has become something of a celebrity because of her heists. While robbing a storage building with her gang, in search of some jewel encrusted furniture owned by a Dwarf crime lord named Clementine, she finds the furniture, as well as a naked (and clearly raped) woman chained to a wall and a man bleeding from the stubs that used to be his arms and legs (both of them dwarves). The goblin flips her shit and slaughters the warehouse guards which her gang had incapacitated.
Turns out that it was a trap, and the tipped off police converge on the building. The gobbo flees, ends up sneaking into a fencing school owned by a titanic human veteran who, realizing that the police are after her, fights her, with a wooden sword no less, and after a struggle the thief is subdued.
In police custody, the goblin finds out that all her companions escaped the police, and the minor conman who was her boss (and adopted father) has no intention of saving her (this in particular emotionally destroys her). One night, the owner of the fencing school shows up and makes a deal with the officer's there to pay the goblin's current bail plus compounding daily interest up to a certain, later due date.
The human then makes a deal with her: She will participate in the city's massively popular swordfighting tournament, and she will get at least second place, and after that she will be free.
The tournament involves a variety wooden weapons, but one's enchanted so that when brought into the tournament circle they can harmlessly pierce the body but as if they were real, numbing and weakening whatever flesh they hit. Fights are won by causing the enemy to faint entirely.
As she gets further into the tournament, she gets more involved with the criminal Clementine, who has his own fighter, a veteran, in the tournament. The goblin later finds out that Clementine is using the man and woman she found in the warehouse as leverage over the veteran, promising to spare them only if the veteran wins.
The villain Clementine is a bald, beardless, fat, and funny dwarf who likes imported, pink kimono's and doesn't like the women he loves finding another man. The woman and man in the warehouse are examples of his wrath. He finds out that he's destined to die by the hand of a goblin, and starts planning his own dramatic end around this fate.
Also, the owner of the fencing school has a Djinn cursed into the form of a pig living with him.

except the Foundation series didn't have an arch sociopath named Robert who would occasionally execute telepaths in an attempt to bolster his own fairly weak psychic abilities. did it.

it's possible they may have been fapping too hard to comment before the thread died.. but perhaps i am exaggerating its impact.

> don't fuck her she's an android bro

Songs desu
Pls no bully

empowered female protagonists are sooooo 2012. make the character a futa.

She not empowered at all. She's an itty bitty goblin who keeps having to make deals with powerful people to keep the people who want her dead away.

Dystopian sci-fi, not quite cyber enough to be cyberpunk, an emotionally detached unemployed engineer living in a space colony under security lock-down builds a crude laser weapon and under some perverse unthinking compulsion irresponsibly tests it in his home, levels his high-rise, killing many of his neighbours and nearly himself.

He goes on the run, falls in with revolutionaries out of convenience, the cell leader falls in love with him, she's hot so he fucks her, but he's emotionally distant because he's a big fat autist.

Eventually the revolution goes completely horribly wrong, and with state forces closing in she tries to convince him to join her in a desperate suicide mission to crash the space station into the earth as a political statement.

So he kills her and successfully fakes his own death, leaving the station far behind.

In the distance the station explodes behind him; some of the side-characters successfully carried out the suicide mission, and thus the A and B plots both resolve neatly at the end.

That's the basic outline, I'm working on filling it in, making changes as needed while I work; nothing is set in stone.

I'm basically redoing the whole plot and script for a videogame project some friends were doing 3 years ago. The previous main writer suddenly dissapeared and just 2 guys from the original group want to keep going with this.

It doesn't help that the more I check into the incomplete notes the other writer left, the more blatant plagiarism to other videogames I find. They aren't even good videogames to copy neither.

Toying around with the idea of a Veeky Forums centered short story. First paragraph:

I didn’t need a timestamp to know it was her. Post no. 365927736: no capital letters. Unmistakable as a scarcely-disguised banana in a YLYL thread. There was always something inevitable about her posts, like she lied dormant somewhere within the board, maybe was the board herself, lived there all the while, waiting for the moment the page flashed before my eyes when she would awaken to haunt me. I knew it was her before I knew it was me reading the post. I knew it was her before I knew I was in love.

Been there. I had a similar situation happen to me when one of our designers kept butting heads with me and the other writer (he did dialogue, I did world/mythos building, along with most of the ideas for the creatures/characters populating it.) Anyway, every time we'd start making real headway and get ready to finally begin dialogue/scene building, he'd start interjecting with how we don't write in a way that's accessible and start presenting his ideas, all of which were heavily formulaic and practically plagiarized from popular video games and movies. Inevitably, the project failed because this fag wouldn't shut up, and not long after, we got hit with a C&D from Ubisoft, because our coder was actually an employee there.

Not so much writing, but I've been researching for my history thesis. My topic is the New Guard, which is the closest thing Australia ever got to a fascist party, and why they failed to appeal with the typically conservative rural population.

In the preliminary stages of writing a longer short story than what I usually churn out(maybe ten or fifteen 8x11s) about a guy in a squadristi of Italian blackshirts who go to a coffee shop after hours to bust up and arrest an alleged communist meeting going on there, they get into a shoot out and the main character (younger guy) feels a bit perturbed by the turn of events. Still, he goes with it anyway because he's scared.

also erotica about a couple who have an intense slave-master relationship and the woman is pregnant but a new woman enters the scene and they break her together

A fake diary of an user stalking a general thread, collecting posts, and then keeping an archive of responses he never posted. Its inspired from that one guy on /sp/ that creeped in threads and recorded every post from some guy and writing a diary about how funny he was and how he wanted to be with him forever.

kek "The Philmarilion"

archive.org/stream/4chanSpUTVFanEverythingPDF/Veeky Forums%20sp%20UTV%20fan%20'Everything%20PDF'_djvu.txt

Fuck you let me read it

What level?

Sounds really interesting.

Doing post production on a grindhouse vampire novel for March release.

is this about me?

I really want to write a book that goes from scene to scene, haven't decided whether from time to time is a good idea, with no apparent link except that they share a society. It shouldn't be anthropocentric either/ This is one of our major blind spots; we think a story can be told solely in terms of humans and their immediate surroundings.
Narrative is a pretence. There is no absolute knowledge - even if people touch on truth, their perception of it comes from their own limited experience. In reality, events at a large enough scale are not obviously connected, and hypotheses about history are prone to confirmation bias and distortion. Narrative implies that there is enough local information to put together a story - but to have a perfect narrative, you'd need perfect knowledge; knowledge of every preceding and simultaneous event. In fact, if all the initial conditions were given, you wouldn't even need to write the story - it could be deduced. But then again, if quantum randomness actually is fundamental, any attempt at projection will likely yield a possible chain of events, but not the true chain. So by attempting a perfect narrative by initially eschewing it ends in incoherence. The only answer is to eschew narrative itself, but perhaps this is beyond the capacity of human thought.

A slow-motion, extremely detailed description of a suicide bombing in Amsterdam. It´s called "Aesthetics of a massacre".

Sounds like it could be very good.

Your death scene, OP.

how do i overcome the embarrassment and fear of my writing being shit?

Sounds like it could be very edgy.

I'm working on a short story kind of dealing with the idea that happiness needs to come from within yourself and that different places/ people aren't the deciding factors over your happiness etc
It's semi autobiographical I guess.

Is that interesting?

No but you can make it interesting if you write it beautifully.
One of my favourite short stories ever is about a traffic jam, you can make anything work if you know how to write.

You don't.

You just write until its finished, and let your editors de-shitify it for you.

Cortázar is good, yeah.

nope. i will keep dropping hints about it, though. protagonist realizes he's up against telepaths and uses fringe tech to build remotely-controlled humanoid robots because the telepaths won't be able to read the robots' minds. nobody seems to wonder why all these robots look like hot fifteen-year old girls with the strength of a T-800 terminator. also protagonist is dedicated to the idea of not killing anyone on the opposing side, so has a good line in tasers and sedatives.

A very long story about getting old and dying

Just undergrad, it'll be a Bachelor of Arts honours thesis. I'm still very early in my research and I'm still trying to find an exact topic, but their rural campaigns seem to have been neglected by historians so far, and from what I can tell they were an utter failure. They basically behaved like the Nazi S.A., but in the relative stability of depressed Australia it just didn't have the same impact as it did in Germany, and they were despised by pretty much everyone as a result.

>pic related, they wore KKK style uniforms to their most secret meetings

I'm not writing anything. I read that Milton went on a six-year literature, philosophy, history binge after college before he started writing Paradise. I haven't read enough to write competently.

That sucks user, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you and the other writer manage to get the story you intended to do done with an actual good team or on other medium.

Personally the only reason why I want to make this game work is because I actually designed some of the main villains and even helped to give them their backstories and personalities -since apparently "that wasn't important" for the previous writer-, and I don't want them to go to waste since I got attached to them and their situation.

Theater, genre comedy. It's my second one. The first one was very well-recieved.

A kids play about a virtual contest made it to know who is the more intelligent sixth grade kid, and how a problem kid has to win that contest to overcome the trauma of his old brother, practically a prodigal son who won that contest years ago.

this post.

Yeah, that's a tough one to get out of.

Damn. Probably a good idea, might do that.

I stopped for some reason, but it's still a WIP rather than an "I've given up" thing.

A pirate adventure story set in underground Fallout-esque tunnels/vaults and irradiated overworld. I think it's a load of bollocks and I hate it, so we'll see.

Currently polishing this page for a final draft.
This is near the very end of the story.

paper about Kant's use of the 'I think'

I can only imagine how fast Austin is spinning in his grave what with the Derridean appropriation of his project

About a knight who had a one night stand with a witch who then declared to destroy the world.

Derrida actually makes some good points about him, specially concerning the parasitic/normal speech divide. His reading of illocutionary force in Nietzsche's terms is just pants on head retarded, no wonder Searle was mad

Somebody should help me out. I need to come up with an instance or example of a new employee in a factory setting that's set in his ways and doesn't want to learn a more efficient way to work or do something. I don't know why I'm having such a hard to time thinking of one.

Not sure i understand....you want a real life example of someone like that?

It can be real or made up

I like you, because I'm basically doing the same shit. Don't you ever stop user.

Anyone have any ideas for this? I'm imagining that I'm trying to train a new employee but he has his own way of doing thing so he's not listening to my instructions even though his method is less efficient and takes more time. I'm drawing a blank on what we could be working on and why his method is less efficient.

Draw some R34 of your girl, then we'll talk

I like the cut of your jib.

More please

Whats that about exactly?

It's the adventures of a nihilistic clone who seeks to be the most famous supermodel in the solar system. This scene is during the denouement, and she is coming to understand the true nature of her pursuit.

An erotic Cinderella story about the Prince and his foot fetish

"This reply"

If you can't think of anything don't force it, put it on the back burner or something and work on something else

> a new employee in a factory setting
> set in his ways

how did get get set in his ways if he's a new employee? how did he get hired if there is a massive labor surplus with thirty people for each position?

we had a guy like that at the plastics molding place i work at. insisted on doing things his way. then he went into a rant about how people from India are worthless lazy stupid coffee-colored niggers.. five feet away from the factory owner. who is Indian.

he's gone now.