Are there IQ differences between men and women?

Are there IQ differences between men and women?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.mensa.org/learn/about/demographics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I usually think that woman is more intelligent than man is but i do not have nothing to prove it.

It's true that woman can remenber things easily than man do, that's scientific true

Men have higher standard deviation

Indeed. Women known to be retarded compared to men. Think about the difference between an amoeba and a chimp. If the man was the chimp and the woman was an amoeba then that would be the magnitude of difference between male and female brains.

This is known because women constantly show weird and irrational behavior like thinking they are more than a walking vagina, getting out of the kitchen, and feminism.

they're better at multitasking too.

All in all, I would say not enough to say anything conclusive

t. Cuck McCuckington, the friendly neighbourhood whiteknight

you can get trips again but it still wont change the fact that i get laid and you dont

are you doing a bit

quintessentially reddit

IQ doesnt mean a thing when it comes to gender since women still act more mentally impaired than men with lower IQs.

See user women brains are built to rely on feelings not logic and reason and as a result women basically are mentally retarded most of the time even when they have IQs on par with you.

A much better question is: are there IQ differences between men and those slimy, detestable creatures that watch anime?

i heard something vague about how men fall down to the extremes of both ends of the intelligence scale as opposed to women, who are more consistently near the average.

men are more prone to extremes of a lot of things, both for very good and very bad while women tend to be balanced, consistent, structured, but average which could explain a lot about the differences in men and women in lets say the united states. i dont know if this is true

and obviously i dont just mean the united states that would be a very small example, just in general for human history and what can be observed concretely

There's been studies, that have found hundreds of SNP's and tens of genes related to intelligence.
None of them are on the Y chromosome.

When geneticists come out and tell me why women would be dumber than men (on average), I will look into that.

Yes. The difference is not in the intelligence but the distribution.

Irony.

>unsourced picture, probably from a blog
ok, i'll bite

what's the male SD and the female SD if you don't mind me asking

Their standard deviation is lower, or it's fairly widely accepted that that is the case although there is dissent to that. There have been some studies that suggest a slightly lower average and some that suggest the averages are within error margins of each other, but none that suggest a difference that would acutally be significant.

This is correct

of course. many male geniuses have risen from the dust and thrived in oppressive environments, but not a single female even when they have opportunity.

There have been female geniuses though, and some from various underprivileged backgrounds, less common but they do exist.

What is the male SD and the female SD?

I believe the standard deviation is not measured by sex however thier is obviously more variance amongst men than women.

The basic standard deviation being 15

Proving that there is variance is showing that the male SD > female SD in terms of IQ.

If you don't have those two numbers then I don't know what to tell you.

Why would you need those two number to know which is bigger exactly? I can't quote you the landmass of Russia and the landmass of Iceland either, but I know their ordering by size.

>Why would you need those two number to know which is bigger exactly?
Is this a joke.

Is it genuinely difficult for you to tell me which of these two planes is higher up if I don't tell you their altitude?

It's obvious to anyone with a brain, i.e. not to women.

IQ is fucking wrong concept

Which reaffirms the fact that their SD is lower.

Yes, which IQ are you talking about?

>He thinks this analogy is an argument
What is the male SD and what is the female SD so we can see if checks out.

I'll plot it and we'll see if it looks like that.

I'm starting to think the chart is bs - and that's why it doesn't have IQ scores on the x axis or any sort of numbers at all - it doesn't reveal means, it doesn't reveal SD.
It's an artistic drawing.

Anyway, I'm not even saying men and women need to have the same SD, nor do I know what the cause of a difference in SD is.

A lower bound for what % of people have an IQ of 130+ that are women is 34%
us.mensa.org/learn/about/demographics/

KYS

Seriously fuck off with this white knight shit.
Even if current IQ tests are subjective garbage... Intelligence is a capability, and any capability is measurable, and if it's measurable there will be variations among individuals. Denying IQ is retarded as denying evolution.
people who are able to operate with large math numbers mentally, chess masters, people who have invented technologies are subjects with higher intelligence than the rest.

In different aspects of intelligence there are differences but overall no, the sexes have the same IQ. But for example if you want someone to do calculations, or to remember a rooms layout, you'd do better hiring a woman than a man.

Depends on how you measure it. IQ tests have been adjusted a lot to have women be equally "intelligent" but they still tend to score lower. There are not a lot of official statistics. When it is found out that women score lower, the tests are adjusted again. Note that IQ tests contain a lot of ridiculous language stuff and questions for which there is no objective answer.

IQ tests are made by psychologists.

Yet, women have at no time scored higher on average than men.

more men are brainlets and brain-chads while more women are brain-normies. Men have a greater dispersion for many traits, it is not unique to IQ. Men however are superior as a group in visuio-spatial intelligence because of testosterone.

IQ tests have been refined over a long period and are considered to be extremely accurate.