Does Veeky Forums have any experience with "writer" girls?

Does Veeky Forums have any experience with "writer" girls?

>match up with one of these on tinder
>looks good, seems alright at first, her book project sounds pretty generic but i give it the benefit of the doubt
>doesnt really have any favorite books
>days pass, talk more about books and writing
>she shows me something she has made
>its fucking disgusting. It honestly makes me think of something I would have written when I was 10
>shift the subject to me currently reading through moby dick
>"eewwww awful you cant kill animals" (shes a fucking vegan)
>ask if she has ever read Dracula, pretty slow start but all in all what a classic
>"I dont read old books"
>I ask how exactly did she learn to write then
>"I read a book about making a book, you dont need to read alot to be a good writer"
>says this while being an abhorrent writer

Is arrogance the biggest misstep to make during learning to write? Not respecting the masterworks and masters? Id show you people what she wrote but none of you understand finnish

I once stumbled across some of my ex-gf's fan-fiction (yes, that's what she wrote) and it was pretty bad. Surprised me because I used to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought, well, it must be alright if she's spending that much time on it. I'd have given her the benefit of the doubt if it was actually something personal.

So, basically OP, at least she wasn't writing bad fan-fiction.

wish I had a gf desu

>mfw Veeky Forums is turning into /r9k/ with books

>yfw Veeky Forums was created because /r9k/ kicked out the people who liked books too much

>looks good, seems alright
>alright
I cannot read this.

you don't have to read old books to write good books, but I'd say reading a book about making books is a lot worse. Creativity can't really be taught

She sounds terrible but I don't attribute it to her not liking old books

This is why STEM girls are best for Veeky Forums guys. Its impossible to criticize each other, you can still respect each others intelligence, and a STEM girl can fake being STEM, especially if she works in the field, whereas a Veeky Forums chick can and be and usually is a massive delusional fraud.

My actual gf is writing some half assed Shadowhunters meets Riordan or something, but she keeps erasing it and restarting from scratches. She spends too much time worldbuilding, and she ends up not liking what she does.
Once she made me read what was the first chapter at the time, and I found it quite... lacking.
I told her that was a good start, but she could have worked a bit on the characters. I was helpful and positive with her, but she doesn't want me read her works anymore.
I swear I didn't sperg.

this

This is how postmodernism happened.

*can't fake being STEM

wtf postmoderism is good tho

>
>wish I had a gf desu
>fan-fiction
No, you don't. "Fan-fiction" is how to spot a Tumblrina.

>I was helpful and positive with her, but she doesn't want me read her works anymore.

You have to remember that the reason women so rarely make anything great is because they grow up with droves of hungry men praising them for mediocre achievements to get in their pants

>be me
>in STEM
>all the girls aside from geneticists are atrocious
>can't respect genetics because it's a meme field

what do

> Id show you people what she wrote but none of you understand finnish
Tekstiä pöytään niinku olis jo!

Date emergency medicine or dermatologist residents

Definitely not wrong as she was a pretty prominent Tumblr user.

program an e-gf

>emergency medicine
>hypersexual testosterone filled sluts

>dermatologists
>vapid whores

Great options desu

näytän privana jossain jos annat snapchatin yms

better than asexual geneticists, surgeons, or pediatrics

i used to go out with a writer. published novelist. reasonably well known within her genre.
she was as mad as a sack of snakes. hair trigger emotions.
i still miss her tho

A tsundere pathologist might be nice, they less autismo than radiologists.

Or O&G for wide hipped thicc gf, or at the very least, decreased chance of landing a dyke.

Some girl in college wanted to fuck me, heard I was the literary type, and showed me some of her "poetry" thinking that would get me in the sack. It was some shit about dragons with a Hot Topic aesthetic so I just stopped responding to her texts.

This. I'm a History and Literature undergrad going out with a Medic and our relationship is comfy as fuck.

Confirmed.

The Humanities require actual passion to be good at. Women can get a B+ or even A average in the Humanities and still be completely worthless. At least if they have a technical major, they're guaranteed to be good at it unless they want to flunk out.

Give a woman an opportunity to half-ass something, and she'll take it. It's their nature.