WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD

to find the composition of an RNA molecule?

I've taken pic related from Wiki and summed up all elements (plus the ones that make up the ribosome) and come up with this:

C5H15N5O18P2

but that doesn't seem to be the answer, so which is it? I've tried looking for RNA in pages where they tell you the composition of molecules, but they apparently make a fucking exception with RNA

pls respond

Other urls found in this thread:

pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/24884434#section=2D-Structure
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

boompy

bumpy gravy

Please reread your book or stop trolling

>Please reread your book or stop trolling

i am extremely illiterate in this field, that's why i came here for help

i am not trolling, i'm just ignorant in this matter so, please, elucidate

user, RNA is not "one molecule". It is a chain of ribose molecules linked together via phosphate groups, with a base (Adenine, guanine, uracil or cytosine) attached to the 1' location of each of the riboses.

Chain lengths can vary and base composition also varies, so it wouldn't make sense for there to be 'one composition'. Usually, non-repetitive polymers like DNA, RNA and proteins are written down as a linear sequence of their components.

Just, fucking, read the wikipedia page or your textbook holy shit.

Also, the 'ribosome' and the 'ribose' are two different things. The ribosome is a piece of cellular machinery and the ribose is a sugar molecule.

all races are equal

thanks for the message

you are right about ribose and I was wrong

regarding RNA not being a molecule: 'tis a macromolecule, isn't it? the way DNA is. A molecule is a bond of 2 or more atoms, so RNA should qualify therein as well, even if it not naturally found as a single-molecule

F ex, here it tells you about DNA's formula:

(ie, C15H31N3O13P2)

and I was looking for something similar for RNA but, as I wrote, in vain so far

>all races are equal

all humans are the same and you are talking to yourself and so am you and we have never been at war with eurasia

I didn't say it wasn't "a molecule", I said it wasn't "one molecule". That applies for DNA, too. The link you posted is just the structure of the DNA backbone, but the nucleic acid - the 'N' in 'DNA' - which can vary is omitted. If you're only interested in the formula for the backbone, it's actually the same as the one for DNA plus one 'O'. RNA is 'ribonucleic acid' and DNA is 'deoxyribonucleic acid' - ie, RNA has an -OH group whereas in DNA this is removed and replaced by an -H.

What you're asking for is similar to asking "what's the letter density in a book". You can say that a book features the letter A 700 times and the letter B 400 times and so on, but you can't provide a meaningful answer to the question without knowing which book (or which DNA/RNA molecule).

that helps me a lot: thank you!

>please give us info on anyone you see below
>anonymous young offender
>???

Also, gosh be darned there are any chemists or biologists on this board. Cool subjects tho

Mate
To simplify the shit
RNA is half a DNA
DNA has a double helix and RNA has one, DNA has a base of A,T,G,C and RNA has A,U,G,C.
And RNA is responsible of transporting genetic information to the cytoplasm to create proteins.
that's all

RNA also uses ribose, which has 2' hydroxyl, whereas DNA uses 2'-deoxyribose, which has H attatched to 2' instead. Both RNA and DNA do exist as both single and double strands, e.g. double-stranded RNA in some viral genomes.
RNA is supposed to be more reactive, and can have an ezymatic role, e.g. in the ribosome RNA, and the RNA world hypothesis.
Don't bother working interms of composition by relative amounts of elements with large molecules -- connectivity is far too important.

would pic related be an accurate description then (for DNA minus nucleobases)?

i ask 'cause in the link i posted before:

there's only 1 P in the formula but in pic related i'm seeing 4

stamp collecting

Maybe because you're a fucking idiot

Here's the formula for one of them in SMILES:
c1cn(c(=O)[nH]c1=O)[C@H]2[C@@H]([C@@H]([C@H](O2)COP(=O)(O)O)O)O

Yeah. Here you got four "bricks" of DNA (that phosphate group PO4, and a ribose, and a base that is either A, C, G or T), to see what each one is.

There's only one P on the formula bc it describe only a quarter of what is in the image. One brick. One phosphate+ribose+(any of the four base)

Jesus to try fucking Christ you came here for help... You had better get used to being fucked, I foresee a lot of it in you future.

RNA is generally a polymer of ribonucleic acids, which depend on your nitro base which can be a guanine or pyrimidine, and whether its ACU or G with change the formula. Also if you consider nucleoside vs nucleotide then you have to consider the phosphate

purine* not guanine lel my bad