I have an physics exam

Do you know where can I get nice notes about magnetic fields?

Other urls found in this thread:

feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your right hand.

This guy speaks the truth
I is the intensity
B the magnetic field
F the Laplace force

Amazing. It's as if our hand were intelligently designed to represent magnetic fields.

This

F=BILSinθ

read

>I have an physics exam
lucky it's not an English exam

Exactly

I initially wrote "an exam". I forgot to remove the "n" when I introduced the "physics"

Atheists BTFO

this tbqhwy

I habe a guestion..

Why is the direction of the magnetic field directed in this way and not in the opposite?
I asked myself this years ago, but could not find an answer with google.

That's an interesting question...

There is no underlying principle behind the electromagnetic field that we know. As to this date, it's just because nature said so.

I hope your English teacher understands

The Feynman lectures are pretty awesome if you're already comfortable with vector calculus: feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

I'm just finishing classical electromagnetism, but I know magnetism is just a relativistic effect of the electric field, maybe it's a consequence of that, and not "axiomatic"

just study electric field and boost youre frame

Guru et al: Electromagnetic field theory fundamentals

libgen.io is a website to download books for free

For the same reason torque does the same thing

The way I like to think about it, it's just how vectors work

The torque response is mostly right but only in that torque and magnetism are both defined this way. It just has to do with convention - if you take a negative test charge, for example, you can actually use the same rules but just with your left hand. So it's arbitrary.

My diary, desu

Check out the Seinfeld physics lectures

The only way we can compare magnetic fields is with other magnetic fields. North and South are relative to each other. The important take away is that if current were reversed, the field would be too.

The only difference between the electric and magnetic field is the observer.