I'm naturally not able to write words very neatly. Is this a symptom of low IQ?

I'm naturally not able to write words very neatly. Is this a symptom of low IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness#Academic_and_workplace_performance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yup

get out of my board you brainet rreeeeeeee

she could sell burlap potato sacks with that body, but that's one fucked up style

she is in poland. not too much money for gucci

Gucci is hot garbage, you can dress elegantly from Second hand shop or even a Vietnamese marketplace stall (used to be common thing in eastern Europe, don't know if they're still around).
Modern fashion is somehow just fucking shit.

You read a lot? Complex vocabulary is a skill that needs to be practiced, like any other skill. Especially if you want to make interesting diction in real time during a conversation. Having experience, either from reading or creative writing, will help a ton with that. If writing, focus on replacing redundancies with other, nearly just as common replacements. If reading, focus on looking up words you like that you normally don't use and then exploring a variety of situations where you can use them. Make a list and then pick one as your "word of the day" and either try to use it throughout the day either naturally, or just constantly.

You browse Veeky Forums, just use each word of the day in your posts. Nobody here will give two shits if the diction sounds awkward or whatever.

this is a very pretty girl

That just means you're illiterate.

so you're saying you're 100% certain that shakespeare wrote neatly?

What are you talking about? Where did I mention Shakespeare?

He's talking about handwriting, dude. Good job exposing yourself a brainlet with no reading comprehension.

Depends, do you mean visually neat or wording neat. Calligraphy really shouldn't say anyhting about IQ

wording neat doesn't make sense

Wording neat? Wtf

Im top of my class and have this problem.

I understand you completely... The dumbasses in my class have the best handwriting also... Don't know what it relies on

I hate having to wait for myself to finish writing a word before I can continue my train of thought so I end up writing a very messy cursive.

well it makes sense in context if OP was trying to communicate his trouble remembering & using the right words to accurately express himself

and on the flipside 'is shit handwriting a sign of low IQ' just seems like a retarded question

autistic people generally have bad hand writing and they're a positive correlation between aspergers and high IQ. So probably the opposite if anything.

>there's a positive correlation between aspergers and high IQ
i heard that's bullshit and most spergos are just average

then again i am a shrink certified sperg and i got an IQ of about 120 which is unimpressive but significantly above average i guess

>positive correlation between aspergers and high IQ
no

is Veeky Forums's reading comprehension really this bad?

anyway i've seen plenty of people with great handwriting who are idiots and people with abhorrent handwriting who are very smart.. and plenty of people in between. so maybe not a symptom.

interestingly, most of the math profs at my university have bad handwriting. also, the meme about doctors having shitty handwriting is pretty accurate.. so there could be some kind of minor correlation with shitty handwriting and above-average IQ.

Hate to blogpost but, I write poorly because I'm trying to keep my train of thought going, so I write quickly.

Neat handwriting is for asian girls.

Nice slut you have here.

>the meme about doctors having shitty handwriting is pretty accurate
desu i think this meme just exists because doctor's handwriting is one of the rare occasion where you see some random dudes handwriting and want to be able to read it. you just notice it in that situation

if you just picked some random bloke on the street and look at his handwriting its prolly shit too

Supposedly there's a negative correlation between intelligence and conscientiousness. Stupid people tend to make up for it by being thorough and tidy.

source?

It's very simple. Writing shit is boring and you need to go fast because your brain also thinks the words fast. It's nothing too complex

Writing neatly comes with pracitce, iod habits, and patience. Just because you're a brainlet doesn't necessarily mean that you automatically have bad handwriting. That's a logical fallacy.

No but coming to Veeky Forums for reassurance is.

Lett me guess, your word of the day was diction, right?

That's fkin atramentous if I do say so myself.

This is a symptom of arthritis.

every high IQ person I know (including myself) writes messily.

yes, handwritinglet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness#Academic_and_workplace_performance
A study from 2004 found conscientiousness was significantly negatively correlated with intelligence. Conscientiousness significantly correlated negatively with abstract reasoning (−0.26) and verbal reasoning (−0.23).[34]
Large unselected studies, however have found null relationships,[35] and the negative relationship sometimes found in selected samples such as universities may result from students whose low ability would reduce their chance of gaining entrance, but who have higher conscientiousness, gaining their GPA via hard work rather than giftedness.[36]
A large study found that fluid intelligence was significantly negatively correlated with the order (−0.15), self-discipline (−0.08), and deliberation (−0.09) subfactors of conscientiousness (all correlations significant with p < 0.001.).[37]

Well I'll be

Hard work does it

No, lots of doctors have messy writing, and steven hawking cant write at all!

From my experience, i know quite a few people who have below average IQ and have extremely neat handwriting. From my observations of people who got good grades in Maths and Physics when i was in year 12, they generally had very poor handwriting.

I'm not going to claim that Intelligence has a correlation with bad handwriting but i do believe the two are mainly unrelated.

kek

Do you write with your fingers or with your arm

Also, post a picture of how you hold the pen OP.

My brother is legit smart and his handwriting is flawless.
My sister is not smart and her handwriting is very good.
I'm above average at least (but I act and live as I'm not) and my handwriting is fucking shit (although I can get really good writing in my shitty journal).
Maybe the fact that I'm left handed plays some part; no notebooks for left-handed people in my shithole.

The reason why most people have bad handwriting these days is simply because its importance on the school curriculum has greatly fallen in relevance. It has nothing to do with how smart you are. Chance are you never had the chance to learn the proper way to do it.

Fucking dishonest faggots in this thread trying to create a spurious correlation between bad handwriting / higher intelligence and good handwriting / lower intelligence. You guys are fucking pathetic isn't this supposed to be the science board?

My fiancée has that girls shirt

i mix cursive with block letters too

am i genius?

how do you practice handwriting?

I have shitty handwriting (and note organization for that matter) and I'd like to take this summer to try and get better at it. But I don't even know what kind of practice I would need to do

The Palmer Method of Business Writing

I can smell the reddit from here