What's your favorite tale of his?

what's your favorite tale of his?

>dead old white man
wow thanks no

The Telltale Fart

BRRAAPPPPPPPP

this guy sucks so much ass op

His last, because there wasn't another after that.

he was irish and scottish.

And english, "White," person of the time would slap the shit out of you if you implied he was of the same race as them.

Israfel is a good poem, not many have ever heard of it.

The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether

The one with the orangutan who jams bitches up chimneys. Creeped me right out when I was a kid.

Annabel Lee and The Bells are great poems. Poe is only shat on by psueds because they vaguely remember reading him in middle school

Why are the French so obsessed with Poe?

even the shitposters used to be a lot better a couple of years ago.

because french authors suck so bad, they can't help but be impressed by the magnificence of one of our lowest wrung authors.

This one, Casks of Amontillado, Eleonora and Fall of the House of Usher are alright. tbfqfh Poe excels at writing one kind of character, and creating mood of strangeness, but his writing is mediocre. As for poems I think he has about three good ones.

>The Murders in the Rue Morgue

This one was good. One of his more graphic ones I think.

Le epique goth mystique

>to be frankly quite fucking honest

The Masque of the Red Death (also his only good one)

Is he enjoyable?

For some reason I expect his work to be a gloomier version of Oscar Wilde's stuff.

I like The Cask of Amontillado and The Tell-Tale Heart.

The Purloined Letter

go fuck yourself

My favourite too, though I like some others.

That one where the raven won't shut the fuck up >:^(

The most overrated desu.

Your selections ain't grand (even though they're ol' time favs of mine), but I agree with you in that his poetry is WAY underrated. Poe knew his ancient greek and influences better than any naysayer here, plus he was trying to spur a proper understanding of modernism (e.g. his notion of the heresy of the didactic). He was on to something in a big way. If you really dig in and go beyond the high school memes you'd see this.

Not a tale, but poem
Conqueror Worm

yes
read him