How important for you is the cover artwork...

How important for you is the cover artwork? Personally I've been waiting ages to buy my copy of Infinite Jest but I can't find the best looking one for cheap.

I'm not a cringey LARPer who buys physical books in the 21st century so its not an issue at all for me

How the fuck are you a larper for buying books you thick fuck look at what board you're on

Its no different than neckbeards smoking pipes because they want to pretend to be Victorian gentlemen.
Paper is obsolete, only reason to buy them is to play pretend.

The joke is that reading physical books is as archaic as swordfighting.

There's no catagorical difference between the two

i think hes saying he buys digital copies

it's not a huge bother but it does kinda piss me off if a good book has a shit cover.

just considering the effort of writing even a short novel vs the effort of creating a cover, seems ridiculous

if you're gonna go there you could just go all the way and conclude the novel is dead, has been for a while and is a fringe art form like opera or classical music

>only reason to buy them is to play pretend
I apologize I was under the illusion that one buys books to read them
>as archaic as swordfighting
Surely you jest
One is a way of fighting that is obsolete the other is a way of absorbing information it's not obsolete just because you have an e reader
Obviously, in saying that though he's under the illusion that there isn't practical reasons to read physical books
>the novel is dead

bumping my threado

It depends on the book in all honesty. Usually it doesn't effect my opinion of the text but more of the book as a physical object. Some covers are great some are shit but they never influence my opinion that much. The only book I've read where the cover is directly related to the text is Jerusalem where the cover becomes part of the story which was really well used imo

I don't care at all. My bookshelf is ugly, and I have no friends or acquaintances so no one to even look at the shelf.

I buy whichever has the best supplementary material or the translation I want. I prefer hardback, but I won't pay more than 50% extra for it. Chances are I'll only read the book once, so paying extra is a waste.

Is that the cover of IJ you like? Because that's the one I own, unfortunately. The cloud one is way better.

It shouldn't matter too much, but it has an impact.

If a book has a shit cover it's going to bother me a lot. If a book has a great cover I might be tempted to buy it over a cheaper edition.

The cloud one or the one with big acid yellow letters across the blue sky, but for the latter they ask way too much, I think it's the first edition ;_;

>How important for you is the cover artwork?
Important enough for me to spend $30 on a 1st edition of Gravity's Rainbow.

How fucking butthurt are you ? How much pride do you take in buying paper ?

>How much pride do you take in buying paper ?

Asspained environmentalist detected

lol, like I care. I just wanted to point out, that he seem quite disstressed, simply because someone told him, that pixels are better than paper.

I don't believe you.

Not at all just calling people on shitting on the medium without the existence of which they wouldn't able to download books in the first place.
not distressed more just annoyed that people are that thick

where are you looking? i'm not american and the only store in my country that imported IJ had both the one with yellow letters and the one in OP. The latter one was only about U$ 3,00~6,00 cheaper. Needless to say i got the one with the yellow letters

I've been looking on amazon, ebay, bookdepository. In poland I could only get the one from threads pic for roughly 15$.

bump

There's an old book I want to read and it's pretty impossible to track down a physical copy of it to buy. It's in the catalog of my local Library though.

The problem isn't that the cover are sucks, it's that there's a naked woman on the cover.

I just can't picture myself passing that cover to the sweet old librarian lady to check it out so I'm stuck.