I just read Tolstoy's The Kreutzer Sonata

I just read Tolstoy's The Kreutzer Sonata

His character is right: Men think they have dominion over women but it is the complete opposite: women use their sexual & physical prowess to completely control men and shape their lives.

He is also right that marriage is a sham, an unbearable torture for both the man and woman, willingly subjecting themselves to suffering, jealousy, frustration, resentment etc. And all children provide is more suffering and distraction

Where does one go after reading the Kreutzer Sonata?

outside

Tolstoy lost the fucking plot after his Christian radicalisation

all of this is true, anyone disagreeing is edgy

LOOOOL lost it thank you user

3 replies, 3 posters

hmmmmmmmm

Progress and Poverty by Henry George

my favourite thing about the kreutzer sonata is the art chain that goes from beethoven to kreutzer the violinist to the kreutzer sonata by beethoven to the kreutzter sonata by tolstoy to the kreutzer sonata string quartet by janacek

i wish someone would write a novel based on the janecek quartet to continue the chain

Guys! OP here. I think I found a way out:

>During the international celebration of Tolstoy's 80th birthday in 1908, G. K. Chesterton criticized this aspect of Tolstoy's thought in an article in the 19 September issue of Illustrated London News: "Tolstoy is not content with pitying humanity for its pains: such as poverty and prisons. He also pities humanity for its pleasures, such as music and patriotism. He weeps at the thought of hatred; but in The Kreutzer Sonata he weeps almost as much at the thought of love. He and all the humanitarians pity the joys of men." He went on to address Tolstoy directly: "What you dislike is being a man. You are at least next door to hating humanity, for you pity humanity because it is human."

>women use their sexual & physical prowess to completely control men and shape their lives.
Cuck spotted.

>mfw a woman tries to manipulate me but i see right through it and resist

Can't let those roasties corrupt your essence by poisoning your bodily fluids right my fellow frogposter?

Are you asexual?

If not, then you are under the exact same trap regardless of the outcome

Someone is in denial.

You can't maneuver past it if you are in complete denial about it to begin with. The buzzwords won't save you, son. Convince yourself that women have zero cunning and prowess of their own if you want then watch yourself get absolutely played by one.

Only a fool gets involved with women. Buy prostitutes for sex if you must, but never give a women any power over or access to your life. And most important of all, NEVER TRUST A WOMAN.

dumb frogposter

>Only a fool gets involved with women.

Oh okay so you're just a jaded sperg. I don't know what else I really expected here.

Try to slowly get over the woman/women who hurt you, because you aren't ever going to be able to intellectually rationalize your way past that pain. It'll just mire you further in bitterness and resentment.

Tolstoy was a loveless hack

agreed. poor man.

This is an example of a woman trying to play mind games and bully men into caring about her. Don't fall for it. Women are the cancer of humanity, a temporarily necessary evil, and we will abolish them as soon as science makes it feasible.

>This is an example of a woman trying to play mind games and bully men into caring about her. Don't fall for it.

A man speaking basic common sense to you sounds like a female playing mind games because you've become hysterical and delusional.

You can talk big game to other men on the net all you want but in the end all you have kicking around in that head of yours is the memories.

You don't need to listen to me. You can think me some subversive female disinfo agent out to mess with you if that accords better with your current delusions. I don't care. Choose resentment and make each memory sting that much keener if you want. It's not my head. I don't give two shits, m8.

Oh, ok.

You're missing the whole point of the story.

His character is delusional and overcome by jealousy.

Whether his wife actually cheated on him or not is beside the point, he killed her not acting on evidence or reason or logical thought, he was completely deranged in his jealousy.

And, I should say, tried to justify this by saying marriage cant work because nobody is in love except for the carnal sort

betas only know love and hate whereas indifference is the destruction of spooks

jealousy is logical

No it is not