/madsci/

given unlimited funding and green light in your field, what's the most unethical/dangerous thing you would try to push onto the world? And how?

Other urls found in this thread:

t5forums.com/forum/the-vs-sections/general-discussion/respect-threads/48059-joseph-newton-respect-thread
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HÉHÉ stupid faggots hehé

two chicks at the same time

>unlimited funding
Screw your question, I'm taking a bunch of non-retards to Mars and starting over.

Im really good at pretending to not be retarded

Killer robots that can assemble killer robots infinitely

Free healthcare.

Step 1. Create a Deadly & Highly contagious Virus or Microbe. Develop a Cure or Vaccine for It.

Step 2. Spread Worldwide that Deadly Virus, causing a Worldwide Pandemic.

Step 3. Give the Cure or Vaccine only for a selected group of people (who pays more + the few people I care about)

Step 4. $$Profit$$

>what's the most unethical/dangerous thing you would try to push onto the world?
Do biology like high energy physics is done.

>travelling to Mars
>second week in
>"captain, I'm afraid someone shat into the research module"
>they_float_amongst_us.png

>Step 4. $$Profit$$
you're killing off most of the populations and tanking economy, faggot

Deadly virus that target specific gene carriers.

You now own the world though.

I'm sure you'll never notice but the truth is people are renewable resource.

I'm sure you will never notice but your time here is limited and getting back up to the amount of people who sustain your current standard of living and generally make that fucking paper worth anything, through their work will take considerably longer

what the fuck is your field of study, dude

>implying this isnt already in development
kek

>make that fucking paper worth anything
>paper

Jesus fuck you are so deluded. Paper money has never been worth anything. that is why the Jews took away your resources and gave you fucking "paper".

i want to produce large amounts of strangelets and completely destroy the universe

Remove the metric system.

Probably a private army doing ecology black ops and psy ops. Nothing unethical tho

The living standard of the ones responsible for the purge will be quite high I'm sure. The whole world and that includes more than paper is all theirs after all.

good luck getting what you want, anytime you wants, with a sack of seeds, or a lump of copper ,or whatever you fucking idiot

A particle accelerator on the moon across the whole circumference.

Divide by zero

>the amount of people who sustain your current standard of living

>t. growth monger

I guess technology had nothing to do with that right?

>ecology black ops
what

>Modify a highly contagious and lethal strain of bubonic plague
>Spread it to China, Pakistan, India, and the entire African Continent
>Bribe world leaders in the Americas, Europe, and Middle East to close borders

Boom, overpopulation solved.

You already know too much.
We will liberate the "means of production"

1.mass produce a soylent, keep the recipe a secret
2.support world hunger for 15-20+ years
3.destroy the recipe, shut down all production
4.world hunger ends within the next half year/overpopulation solved

Prove Riemann hypothesis by exhaustion

>buy some islands out at sea
>allow nations to ship criminals there
>inmates would be used for human testing of new drugs, new implants, social experiments, and such
>also be able to cheaply sample things like living human tissue
>nothing is off limits, including full umbilical stem cells, living brains in the hellish state of being disconnected from their bodies & all sensory input, controlled tensile & impact testing of living human bodies, reanimation testing for varying amounts of time after official death, and, of course, the human centipede

It seems like a whole lot of fields could be affected significantly in a short amount of time by the existence of such a testing environment.

Give $ 10 trillions to aubrey de grey 's sens

this

monster

Unfortunately, the powers that be consider human centipede "unethical"

IQ: hereditary or environmental
solution: RCT human breeding

So Unit 731 on a Carribbean Island?

Clone a Neanderthal.

>buy private island
>equip it with the best surrveilance equipment available
>kidnap large groups of people and leave them stranded on the island
>systematically introduce different variables like food/water scarcity, terrain, number of different groups, predators, availability of weapons, etc until they all die
>conduct all sorts of social experiments
>repeat over and over until I have a sufficiently large dataset covering all different aspects of society and social indicators

implying those experiments are scaleable

no the only way to apply datasets of social experiments to all humanity is to conduct experiments on all humanity

Kidnap a bunch of girls and probe their anus

Divide by zero. Thats the way I roll

>Buy a large private island
>equip it with the best surrveilance equipment available
>kidnap large groups of people and leave them stranded on the island
>treat everyone fine, give them plenty of food and comfy beds, etc..
>tell them there's a nuke buried under the island
>give each of them a "detonator"
>watch a tentative trust slowly dissolve into paranoia and chaos over a period of several weeks
>masturbate

clean up the great pacific garbage patch

>i want to produce large amounts of strangelets and completely destroy the universe
i'm in

s-pretty good :D

STD research using massive orgies with only the people I invite.

Air this as a reality show and study the public's reaction for double the science. And also my entertainment.

Reverse engineer the biochemistry of the toxoplasma microbe into a parasite that makes humans obey me and only me.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

Who is that silicon semen extractor?

Cure baldness

Organ cloning via fetal initiation. Its the quickest way to make an organ. Dont fall for the "3D printing" meme.

Quantum supercomputers with predictive modeling? I don't know. I study math. Maybe I could write down a number that causes an aneurysm when you think about it.

make mars a white homeland since we're not wanted here

Make a new AIDS, for white people.

www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html

Magnetize the entire Middle East, all of Indonesia and Northern Africa.

You now own a world of 6 billion corpses.
Enjoy the smell.

Self-replicating machines with no replication limits.

dude, fuck this gay earth, i would go for full blown space travel and colonization. i consider this dangerous as it is brand new and almost completely uncharted territory.

also, investment in a full blown dickgirl ray gun that can give hot women a nice, big dick and ridiculous amounts of horniness so i can fulfill my /d/ fantasies. i consider this unethical as it will be used for a 100% selfish endeavor.

also,

>all these people going full blown genocide

god DAMN, i know shit's fucked, but conversion is an alternative to destruction you know.

step 1. form a de facto monopoly between big pharma, insurance and the government over healthcare

step 2. use this alliance to focus on "improving" the "availability" of healthcare while not doing anything to improve its QUALITY

step 3. turn it into a pay to win system where anybody with enough money and connections can buy or network their way to victory

step 4. profit

tl;dr - you just described america's healthcare system.

I would unleash vocal cord parasites.
Initially in larval form, the parasite will enter through the throat and attach itself to the vocal cords, mimicking the host's membranes flawlessly. Upon reaching maturity, the larvae mate, triggered by sustained exposure to the specific language the parasite was attuned to. Once they copulate, they begin to feast on the host's lungs. As the hosts die, they revert to a zombie like state of dementia that violently work to ensure the parasite infects others and spreads throughout populated areas. The zombie like infected only want to carry out the will of the parasite controlling them and lose their own willpower, sense of loyalty, and sanity upon their succumbing to the parasite's control.

You have unlimited funding. Just make an expirement like "wut wud happen if HOUSE MADE OV SOLID GOLD!!!" then sell it

I would force all the races to compete in athletic and academic and other sorts of competitions, and collect tons of data to prove once and for all which race is the best at each task.

W O L B A C H I A

You got me

This would make for an amazing show

Slap some engines on a huge meteor and start over, not only will there be new life forms but the earth will also grow in size for more to prosper

Most UFOs are trying to kill us when they can so therefore we should fund exploration of new alien civilizations and life.

We could be turned into food or zoo animals instead and I'm not taking chances, just reset the earth

pic related on control of nuclear missiles. Unethical? maybe. Dangerous? for them.

A space virus that pretty much destroy everything in the universe.

>mathematician
uh, a million dollar salary i guess

>mathematician

>can't come up with a bigger number than one million

Psychfag here.

I think we could all benefit from more fluoride if you know what I mean.

Roller Coaster Tycoon human breeding?

Telescope that uses our sun as a gravity lens

giant space lens which focuses the sun into a death ray

>technology that would make things more efficient is no longer purposely halted because it would reduce jobs
Sounds fine to me. Roads shouldn't have to be repaired thrice as often as they have to because people can't realize their profession is becoming less and less necessary.

>unlimited funding
>unlimited funding
>unlimited funding

This already exists

Science fact: in Australia, the sun is already a death ray.

Human eugenics/avancing humanity programs.
>t5forums.com/forum/the-vs-sections/general-discussion/respect-threads/48059-joseph-newton-respect-thread

bring total surveillance to the masses and quicken the panopticon

What this user also said and explore space. I'd also try to seed life as well, whether by intentional contamination or terraforming

How I yearn for the day when everyone is forced to confront and accept the fact that all humans are disgusting hateful perverts, so that I can finally stop worrying about the shit I post on Facebook ruining my career.

And attempt to make mutagenic accelerants

How exactly would you do it and what would it look like/entail pre-crime?, mass registrations? Jugdes like in Dredd? Robots?

Adding/removing DNA, lots of it.

Try and see how much of a chimera you can make and how long you can get it to live.

for background i'm in CS with a specialization in mapping & satellite software sort of shit. we're a good way there already so you probably wouldn't need to do much. those things you mention sound good but wouldn't come first, but later.

for innocuous things you could push for initiatives that give open access to very high resolution satellites & imagery which are only in operation by defense, which could be applicable to other industries. continue to encourage drone remote sensing and other mapping and tracking behaviors until it's something everyone does.

on the social front, incrementally reward people (socially, features, money, whatever it takes) to normalize giving up their privacy. this is... already a ways in, but there are all sorts of lines that can be crossed. imagine something like facebook, but you get access to special features if you stream 24/7. maybe all of your keystrokes and google searches and everything is available for all the world to see in some public repository and all of your location data is publicly available, too. so instant doxxing and stalking is available for all. maybe some sort of fabricated war will cause a hysteria or witchhunt where this is seen for the good of the nation, who knows.

>unlimited funding
>master plan to make money

nice one

fucked formatting gg was replying to the plague inventor genius

>economics
We already have unlimited funding.

>what's the most unethical/dangerous thing you would try to push onto the world? And how?
Give it all away to everyone.
Everyone in the world gets to name any number they like, and their wealth automatically becomes that amount.

>ask for the 100th busy beaver number dollars
>look in my bank account how much it actually is
>???
>profit

Catgirl gene splicing and cloning

CRISPR my nigga

You sick fuck

>divide every stock by 0.
>???
>Something.

>using all available energy in this universe to run a simulated universe where I am god

I want to design a machine which can shut down all the cells of a human beings body but on a massive scale, like an entire population at once
That's some sci-fi shit and is literally impossible.