Why do people hate on corn syrup when it's both literally and unironically the same as refined sugar

Why do people hate on corn syrup when it's both literally and unironically the same as refined sugar

sure, regular HFCS isn't much more harmful than crystal sugar aside where one comes in bags and boxes while the other comes in fucking everything and turns people into sickly fatfucks

>the same as refined sugar
it is not.

I too hate calories.

It is was, it would be called "refined sugar" but it isn't so it is called "corn syrup."

Seriously though, fuck all that shit. I have my own honey bees, sugar cane, and sugar bush.

>sugar bush
... That's not a bush. That's not a bush at all.

A sugar bush is the name given to a stand of trees used for making syrup.

>i have no clue about metabolism of sugars

>unironically
STOP USING THIS WORD

most people whio care about this shit hate sugar just as much, a better comparison would be corn syrup and honey, which are basically the same, but one is 'healthy'.

Hippie health food pseudoscience nonsense.

Some of which Veeky Forums actually buys into.

Honey does actually also have a variety of volatile organic compounds from the plants that the nectar was from, with purported therapeutic properties.

But otherwise, yeah - both are basically pure sugar.

There are some hypotheses that the higher fructose proportion (55% vs the 50% in sucrose) could have more influence on non alcoholic fatty liver disease but nothing substantiated.
The big reason to be against it isn't health it is the effect it has on trade.

Unironically make me, nerd.

My sister read some book about how corn is way too big a part of the modern diet, and since it looks nothing like ancestral corn, it must be unnatural and bad for you.

I thought about showing her ancestral almost-everything-else, but did not want to be responsible for her starving herself to death in the name of good health.

>resident monsanto shill post

I've been needing an image like this. If only I could find one for Black Lives Matter too.

>fructose
>sucrose
>meaningfully different
... wew lad

>there's no meaningfull interaction between fructose and glucose in human body
Ayy, even the posters list the interaction

anti-corn lobbies

heh