Why do all the normies not want to live forever?

Why do all the normies not want to live forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/03/harvard-scientists-pinpoint-critical-step-in-dna-repair-cellular-aging/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Their shroud of normietivity only lasts about 60-70 years and then they are powerless. Having to live even more years with no power is not in their best interests,

They are fucking idiots that dont realize they can self study cool shit like physics and math when they cant party, fuck, and flash their titties

Because it's bogeymanned in film and media as part of "things man aren't to mettle in"

If I live forever as a 30 year old yeah sure, but having a decrepit body at 150 sounds awful.

i dont even want to be alive right now

t. kid who thinks reading Wikipedia is "self study"

Because it's theoretically impossible.
But saying normies don't want to live forever is dumb. No normie actively wants to die and since it wasn't until very recently that living longer than 90 years was considered POSSIBLE, nonetheless an option that could be chosen, religion filled the desire gap between wanting to and being able to.

I honestly don't get it too. why not live forever and explore everything. Why not try to travel beyond our worlds and experience everything. There're so many option but so little time.

Existence is pain, but in the back of the normie subconcious, they know this

is this a false flag? isnt's one of the major tenants of every major religion that you will die and live forever in heaven or what have you?

Existence is pain if you're an idiot. Living and be conscious is such a beautiful gift. You're being very simple mined if all you focus on is your current circumstance.

Most people just hate the idea of living with themselves forever, I think.

Because of common sense. Normies are taught that eternal life means eternal suffering without the ones you love. Bullshit

thats a retarded statement. Aside from the delusional, and depressed, the overwhelming majority of the world would sell their soul in exchange for immorality.

You'll find out when you've got a few years under your belt. It just gets fucking boring mate.

I want Miura to finish Berserk before he dies.

>Generalisations about "normies"
and stay there. Also wanting to live forever is literally the most normal human desire. Now wanting to die, that's the patricians choice.

ahahahaha

>mettle in

unironically this

t. brainlet cuck who is weighed down by his own inability to see past surface reality

>le edgy highschooler
upboated m8

Because they are fucking faggots.

Which doesn't make sense because you'd imagine immortality would be a general-application thing and not something only they get and have to put up with.

A bit of this.

Most do want to live forever but offset the burden of it to heaven/reincarnation/etc because it doesn't look possible to actually live forever.

It's less a dislike of the notion of immortality so much as an acceptance of our own mortality and the guarantee of our own eventual demise. Life is to be valued and enjoyed, but it is vain and foolish to crave immortality.

Said who?

> immorality.
R U sure that's what you meant?

Do you really think you can live forever? You can't.
Prove me wrong.
Checklist:
Halt or reverse aging. This is easy.
Mitigate risk of physical injury. This is easy.
Mitigate risk of mental degradation. This is easy. Hook yourself up to a computer.
Mitigate the risk of you running out of energy within the earth's lifetime. This is easy. Just get into a spaceship and start orbiting a red dwarf, and harvest that energy.
Mitigate entropy increase. This is near impossible.
Mitigate the risk of a false vacuum collapse. This is impossible.

Your best shot for immortality is to just kill yourself knowing that your brain in its current state will remanifest as a Boltzmann Brain out of random, quantum fluctuations sometime in the distant future, orders of magnitude beyond the point where entropy has reached a maximum.

Come on mate, just because you can't live forever because the universe has to shit itself at some point it doesn't mean that you can't live for a fucking long time.

Well, yeah, you can live for a really fucking long time. It doesn't change the fact that you're only delaying the inevitable. I'm not even memeing; the closer your death is to the heat death of the universe, the more prolonged and torturous it will be. Your best bet is to, ironically enough, kill yourself

this

Sure, but I really want to experience our universe first.

>Entropy mitigation
>near impossible
I would think it is impossible. The only solutions we have found so far involve physics or theorie we cannot verify yet. Though we also need to verify heat death will even happen.

False vacuum theory doesn't have a leg to stand on and as such isn't a valid worry.

Endgame is either something we don't know yet or heat death which means either theorizing a way out of it, harnessing the same apparent perpetual energy that make the universe expand, or trying to enter a new universe

They've been fed some hippie mumbo jumbo. The general rule about normies is that they have no idea what they want, that's why they're normies.

>Though we also need to verify heat death will even happen.
I'd be fucking impressed if it doesn't. I mean, what's supposed to happen instead? And don't bring me any of that "Well, in [eqn]10^{10^{10^{10^{10}}}}[/eqn] years everything will be back to normal because quantum physics is gay as fuck" bullshit.

Well quantum physics does say that BUT I think it includes the caveat that while being compositionally identical it would not be chronologically identical. Determinism fags are thus bound to eternal recurrence, albeit unaware of the iteration each time.

Though realistically I believe our understanding of the universe has a lot of maturing to do so long as dark matter/energy exist as placeholder phenomena

once CRISPR cracks making our cells not weaken every time they divide allowing us to never die of old age, then sign me up.

Who says it has to be recurring? Statistically, you're nigh-infinitely more likely to randomly get an earth that's slightly different from our current earth in at least one way than getting an earth that's identical to our current earth.

Now that I think about it, that means that eventually, every single possible number, arrangement, permutation, and state for an earth-sized region of space will be exhausted over a countably infinite period of time, which means that everything that can exist given our universe's laws of physics will exist, if only for an instant.

>Mitigate entropy increase. This is near impossible.
>Mitigate the risk of a false vacuum collapse. This is impossible.

I'm always intrigued by the thought processes of individuals worrying about shit we didn't even know existed a hundred years ago, and why they think a highly advanced intelligence wouldn't arrive at a solution with billions of future years to work on it...

Because as t goes to infinity the probability of having no GF or remaining a virgin approaches zero

Yeah let me just vote a candidate that cares about science.
Oh wait.

Normies.
I can understand if you don't have many contacts with them.

they know its not gonna happen in their lifetime anyway.
they are scared to admit they dont want to die because it emphasises that they cant do anything to stop it.

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/03/harvard-scientists-pinpoint-critical-step-in-dna-repair-cellular-aging/

How big is this?

It's becoming increasingly likely. Well, the aging thing, which is the first of many steps.

just go outside the universe

checkmate

I'd say with the current advancements in health and science, we have the possibility to see reverse aging or aging halt in our lifetime with the ability to replace body parts/organs with cybernetic/artificial/3D printed ones.

I wouldn't be surprised to say anyone under the age of 40 or 50 might be the first people's to live past 150 or 200, and by then technology might have gone on far enough to make immortality possible.

That is, if the singularity/super intelligent AI doesn't figure out how to make humans immortal before then. But who knows if we will even see super intelligent AI soon anyway.

Yes....
YEAAAAAAASH

What if we turned the essence of our being into a force? Able to persist without a physical vessel?

i wanna be immortal so I have all the time in the world

Wikipedia is actually great because of references.
You can get tons of shit to study from them.

Can't have normie """fun""" like partying without an usable body

You got it wrong.

Real niggaz don't want to live forever, only plebs.

Seeing that life is meaningless and just a big fat degenerate joke keeps us really living. Not caring about anything but yourself for some guud years is the shit.

Dying young with a cynical fat ass smile on the face while keeping you busy with the fucking sociological privilege to study what you want and do cool shit in your lifetime is the real deal.

Just keep you busy, tell yourself you are doing something because of something.

Fuck the science fiction "hurr living forever" meme

t. normalfag

depends.
The statement "living forever" does not specify at what cost and what condition.
Let's say, for hyphothesis, that becoming immortal means making every single cell of your organism cancerous.
You can live forever now, but in the form of an eldritch abomination

Actually, have we ever seen what cancer ends up as or do we simply stop it or the host dies before we find out? Is it possible that through cancer, we evolve into something even greater in the end?