Someone I love lost their father (he killed himself) and I want to give them some books that could make their grief...

Someone I love lost their father (he killed himself) and I want to give them some books that could make their grief more bearable. No self-help bullshit, though, I was thinking of stuff like Roland Barthes' Mourning Diary. I'm guessing non fiction would be a best option but I think fiction could work too.

Any recommendations?

Kek

>recommendations
about wat

>barthes accesible for normies outside academia
>barthes cathartic at all

Hahaha na just do it op

Real answer is when breath becomes air as much as you and me wouldn't like to admit it

Forgot to mention they read a lot, history major, Catholic.

You'd be shocked of how non-academic those Barthes' diaries are, he wrote them after his mother's death.

Grieving, specially if it's about suicide.

suicide is antithetic to grieving

Yeah I just read that it was basically barthes lite. I apologize op. go for it if you think it'd help.

Hbo's the leftovers

>Friend loses father to suicide and the only thing OP can think of is give the person books

Good job OP, you've been on Veeky Forums so long you've actually created a new Jungian archetype, The Unempathetic Bookeep.

Don't listen to this FAGGOT op

rong

I haven't sleep much in a week because I've been there to talk or help in any way I can. I made a thread because I was thinking of books I could give them in some weeks or months.

And it's not only a friend, we're in a relationship.

Sorry man. Disregard, I suck cocks.

this is literally why poetry was invented

It's a woman? Women can't suffer, she's just doing this for attention to attract the notice of some Chad.

Women are worthless whores, and she's not really grieving. Women have no depth. Try Schopenhauer's 'On Women'

It's a man.

I'd recommend some Blake. Or Rilke. It's very romantic, and might make the person reflect on good memories instead of the pain.

You are aware that homosexuality is degenerate and against the redpill, right?

>inb4 you're a disgusting inferior women

Rilke sounds like a good option. Thank you, user.

>Rilke

yes