More like ballsack

>Dear Mr. Ballsack

>2021
?

BALLSACK

no need to be so silly user

you wanna pat in the back, user?

good job

Damn, I thought you needed to be 18+ to be in 4chanm.

Seriously, how many fucking kids are here?

>ballsack kid gets in Harvard on his daddy's money
>has an impulse to make a Veeky Forums thread about it

>Class of 2021

underage

Are you 14?

>there's a chance op is underaged

Dear user,
We regret to inform you that the Committe on Admissions has rejected your application, based on your abysmal lack of common knowledge and/or basic mathematical skills.

nice reading from your letter, yiffsack.

Congrats bro!

Do yourself a favour and remember this: When you're surrounded by "pretty smart" people 24/7, it's easy to rest on your laurels and come to equilibrium with them. Be deeply suspicious of your milieu and try to set your own goals. In a weird way, places like Harvard are groupthink factories.

When you're sitting in class next Autumn surrounded by other super smart fuckers like yourself, preserve a tiny iota of suspicion about them, and don't ever allow yourself to be content jerking yourself off that you're "one of them," one of the cool elite smart guys who went to Harvard.

Always use it as a springboard to greater things. World is full of fucking middle-managers and failed academics who went to Princeton and became mediocrities.

Still not get it

Class of 2021 means they graduate in 2021.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my rejection letter, maybe not all countries do this.

Be a 4channer at Harvard, OP.

Assuming this isn't a joke thread, of course.

But be a pervert, a racist, a sexist, a pedophile, be a fucking degenerate, but also be true. Be yourself, but follow what you see as truth.

Follow the truth to whatever end.

ebin

grats. leave Veeky Forums forever

You have a good humanity to ya. I will take everything you said into consideration, thank you user!!

If this is fake, fuck off.

If this is real, congrats!

Although I do not go to Harvard (go to another Ivy), I know quite a few people that go to it right now, but they are all Juniors. Best advice based on what my friend's tell me:
- Take CS50 with Malan
- Try to take the intro Econ sequence with Mankiw, apparently its really good.
- STAT 110 is pretty good apparently.
- DPI 115 (American Presidency) is supposedly legendary...
- If you have any serious mathematical interest, then consider taking MATH 55. One of my friends said he was in it during shopping week and a single lecture would be the equivalent of an entire course at another university. Apparently the first 20 minutes just does a quick overview of naive set theory and then started to go into some serious mathematics. The vast majority tend to drop the class, including IMO winners.

Also, here is some of my own personal advice:
- Since you are on Veeky Forums, then you definitely care about this. Use BorrowDirect! We are very fortunate as students of the Ivy League to already have incredible libraries, but BorrowDirect goes above this. It is probably the most ambitious program of its kind and you will have access to it. Please do not waste such a privilege, because it is truly incredible, I use it all the time.

- If you come from wealth (and I'm not talking your parents are doctors or some shit, because that's pleb shit for these schools) then this does not apply to you, but if you do not, then be prepared to be surrounded by some real fucking money and real power. I came from small shitty town that no one has ever heard of, so quickly being surrounded by actual wealth was jarring.

Before I was the son of working-class immigrants without a penny to his name, and after I have been allowed to meet some truly influential people (Bill Gates, Kip Thorne, Donald Trump, etc.), but also have great friends who I know will be as successful as the people I have met.

Don't fall for the stupid meme "it doesn't matter where you go to school." It does matter. At top schools, the world really is your oyster. Just do not be a prick and have people like you because there is no real point of competing with them as much as you should be friends with as many people as you can.

Who knows, you might meet someone truly great? Think future Nobel Laureate, Billionaire, or POTUS.

I() also agree with this.

>used to be salty that you were never smart enough to get an elite university
>actually meet some Penn students while in Philly
>90% of the time they're boring or assholes
It's very revealing how they're supposed to accept the best yet churn out the worst (Elizabeth Holmes, Hillary *and* Trump, literally every Silicon Valley douche and beltway asshole, finance bros).

>tfw STEMshit at no name state school
Kill me.

I'll never get to experience the knowledge and joys of being an Ivy League student. God fucking dammit.

I'm an Ivy League student, and for undergrads it's really not all that different meng.

Well, STEM is going to suck anywhere you go. shits hard man

are all Ivy memers this narcissistic?

Yeah good job you nerded out in high school. Enjoy paying a million dollars to bump elbows with pretentious rich kids

think you're being overly salty his advice was pretty solid

This

Its kind of a blessing and a curse OP

I knew some major idiots who went to Harvard

Don't trap yourself in the idea that you're hyper smart it will stunt your growth.

Always keep working hard and never let up. Don't study something useless like literature

Congrats on your admission OP, you achieved a great feat.

> there is no real point of competing with them as much as you should be friends with as many people as you can.

Try to meet everyone and enjoy the victory lap from now until September

Congrats, OP, if you're the same dude posting this on pol
God fucking dammit I wish I was 18 again

I think you're right.

Something's very wrong with me lately. I'm lashing out at everyone and full of ressentiment and bitterness because of my own failures and inability to change

Any good books for this feel? (no christfag meme shit)

No mah man

Meditate and pray on your higher purpose

You are an outlier of intelligence along with most people here above the norm

College really matters zero after your first job anyway, and money is not the be all end all

I hope you take my advice and learn to love yourself. The richest among us are those who radiate happiness and love from within themselves. Just enjoy yourself while you're here and cherish your family and friends. Love you bud

are you from reddit by any chance?

>are all Ivy memers this narcissistic?
probably?

I posted this and to be honest it is hard to avoid having tendencies when part of the school ideology is "you are the best" and every official university event and is "you are the best" and every official university correspondence is "you are the best."

It is not an accident that politicians and businessmen who graduated from Ivy's tend to have the biggest egos (Obama, Clinton, Bush, Based Trump). It gets worse the more successful they become because they think nothing can stop them. Even the ones who act very humble and nice in front of people, behind close doors become what you would expect.

>>trump
>>fordham
>>ivy

this isn't a good enough answer for me.

Congrats, lad.

Ivy Leagues "cost" as much as any other private school, if you have to pay at all. They have a reputation income adjustment based on need and having almost 0% graduation with student loan debt, especially undergraduate.

You may have paid more money for a state school where the biggest names you interacted with are daytime TV celebrities. Not even joking.

But he graduated from Penn and was still a student for two years.

Read Nietzsche, honestly. I read him my first semester in college because I felt really alienated at first and depressed because I was really far away from home and had never left the south.

He can really empower you.

which Nietzche should I read?

I don't want to go full meme with Zarathustra first

the thing about american education is that getting into the upper echelons is like an entire culture, you basically sacrifice your mid-late teens to doing a lot of weird shit like organising transgender rights raffles, Model U.N. ceremonies, going to do pre-law internships so you can pretend you care about "issues"

seriously, a lot of these kids do shit like write teenager opinion pieces for gay little online things or run for school councils that they don't give a fuck about, just so they can look like all peppy and precocious on their applications

this on top of their parents constantly drilling them to get high grades in everything, to tour every single campus, etc

most kids at ivy league universities, not all but most, have come out the other side of a process that hollowed out their soul and turned them into a Junior Achievement Automaton. their way of coping with it is often to treat it like the rite of passage it was, i.e. to look at themselves as members of an elite club by virtue of having gone through all that shit

You gotta believe in yourself

You deserve to be happy

As much as possible try to free yourself from slavery to your emotions. The brain is a powerful thing, and you can make positive feedback loops that improve your quality of life

Hillary Clinton is a personification of "achievement automation" because all she cared about what getting the next "big thing" and it was very clear. Granted, I do not necessarily think this is a bad thing in itself, but compared to Trump, she seemed very inauthentic, because at least with Trump, you knew he was power hungry and he admitted it.

>just bee yourself :^)

great advice

I'm a Harvard student. Congrats.

i agree, that is the kind of person it creates

i'm poor as shit and i lucked and bumbled my way into decently lofty academic heights and i honestly feel like i'm drowning in overdressed, overfed nothings 98% of the time

all these kids taking immaculate notes on immaculate computers, clearly very "bright," and yet nothing is happening, it's all just a vehicle to being acceptable, making the next milestone.

it's very rare to see them in a process of becoming something at all costs, it's always about just advancing to the next preordained stage of being in halting transformations.

even when they make it to high academia, and i've watched them go from princeton undergrad to princeton phd to yale tenure, they're always a "jobber," always just putting in the hours to be their pre-ordained richfag persona. all too well dressed, too samey, all the same goddamn person saying the same goddamn things in grad seminars with each other, feeling out the appropriate dialect and register of the next phase of their next rich hollow douche persona. just a higher species of undergrad, which was a higher species of private school kid.

Read
The Gay Science > Beyond Good and Evil > The Birth of Tragedy > Genealogy of Morals > Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

You may read more once you are more comfortable, but be aware Zarathustra requires you to be pretty comfortable with his philosophy before reading it. I would highly recommend reading Genealogy before Zarathustra.

Also, just to be clear start with the greeks if you already haven't because:
- They have a life philosophy also
- Nietzsche does make reference to the Greeks often.

Be sure to get Walter Kaufmann or R.J. Hollingdale as the translators for Nietzsche!

what's the point?

what's the point of what?

they tend to be risk averse because they do not have to be risky if they can just go for the more likely and impressive accomplishment than the truly difficult challenge, but likely to fail.

From my experience, the most ambitious types are those who don't have anything to lose (the Gatsbys) or who can have anything they want (the children of extremely wealthy).

honestly, I would not sweat it because for all you know, they might think the same as you, but feel pressure from their parents or their friends.

anything?

Congrats Mr.Ballsack

It's going to transform you into the scum of the earth, but you'll benefit a lot from it.

>tfw started browsing Veeky Forums at 13
>nine fucking years ago

I know a guy who teaches at Harvard who is one of the biggest dopes I've ever met. Hope you're not a history major, OP.

What are you going to major in? I'm a grad in the philosophy department. Might TA your shit.

>tfw you still have no face

>STAT 110 is pretty good apparently
There's a gov/stats one that has 3 or 4 different names depending on which school you're coming from. It's normal name is Gov 2000. That's like the uber stats course, I caught a handful of lectures this time around and v good.

>tfw born into siberian town of 2000 people and never had the slightest chance of getting into these unis
i should kys myself and hope for a better life

Yet none of these elitist "achievement automatons", as one user put it, will ever experience one minute of your life, my Evenk brother. There's something to that too.

How much you earn bro, what's your interest?

Yes.
If you want proof, start a "what uni do you go to thread?" and watch A)how fast they shit it up with autistic cross-checking (within 15 posts max) and B) how they autistically won't let the thread die (400 posts 20 posters guaranteed)

I wouldn't want to experience this either.

don't fall for memes dude.

le university

Lmao! Enjoy spending money to learn something which is freely available online or in any public library!

I dropped out of Uni after the first year and spend a year learning Web dev, now I earn 50k a year managing a bunch of nerds like yourself you graduated from le Elite universities

>tfw started browsing Veeky Forums at 11
>three fucking years ago

you

MODS

True. Also, his legacy is ballsack, they must have rlly hated him

>everyone falling for some Veeky Forums entry level bait

Veeky Forums, you're stronger than this

Veeky Forums here, you fags are getting baited

Veeky Forums is the easiest board to bait.

Sometimes I hate you guys.

I go to school at a place similar to harvard - theres a lot of Veeky Forums denizens here. Would assume Harvard is similar.

these

t. another non-harvard ivy leaguer

>- If you have any serious mathematical interest, then consider taking MATH 55. One of my friends said he was in it during shopping week and a single lecture would be the equivalent of an entire course at another university. Apparently the first 20 minutes just does a quick overview of naive set theory and then started to go into some serious mathematics. The vast majority tend to drop the class, including IMO winners.
Yeah, sure

Reject it and learn a trade, or be in debt the rest of your life. Your call I guess.

enjoy being indoctrinated.

Just beware of this, OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=piSgh1b7i70

definitely not a thing here

hahahahaha i didnt do jack shit and yet here i am! real recognize real, talent recognize talent i guess

or you're non-white and got a normal white score on your exams

sorry but im pale with blue eyes

for fucks sake, there isn't a point to anything life is fucking pointless. welcome to the absurd, move on
>suicide
>find a reason to live

tfw is that feel when, you're thinking of mfw

Cool bro.

Could you tell me which philosophers you would draw on if you were to discuss metaethical realism in terms of ethical properties?

IMO, being a freshman at ivy league universities is kind of pointless, im sure the education standard is higher, but at the same time money is what gets you in, rarely talent.
the one time where the university matters is post grad or doctorate, because you get access to the professors more, which is what matters.
>most explorers employed at the numerous labs aren't even from ivy schools
ivy schools are such, mainly because of the instant added value they give to your CV
and as many other anons pointed out, they are achievementbots lacking original ideas most of the time

Not really
Could you?

I'm thinking Moore, Sturgeon and Darwall, but there's a reason I'm asking bro.

>im aware of the artifically constructed categories and jargon of my autistic subfield and anyone who isnt is dumb!

>money gets you into ivy leagues
lol, maybe in 1980

>what now
now you kill yourself

That wasn't really the implication man.

o my b

And now, you wait.

Congrats, ballsack

That's stupid. how do they know you're going to graduate?

does this confirm harvard just passes anyone to bulk up their stats?