What's inside, Veeky Forums?

What's inside, Veeky Forums?

This sorta thread really doesn't belong here.

But continue. It better be good.

>not bookdepository

plen

A book, or books.

Make your bed you fucking slob.
Also don't you have a desk or table to put packages on?

My desk is cluttered to shit.

Off to a good start then!

I work at an Amazon sort center. Yesterday I was unloading a truck in which the top layer was covered in ice. I was yelled at for trying to send the damaged packages to the problem solve department. Enjoy, you tosser

>buying something new you can read online for free
>buying something new when you can get it for a dollar on abebooks

Loser!

It was only 1 pound.

I'm not ship from america so I don't have that problem.

>manifesto

What a waste of money. I dont have hope for the rest of the stack

>paying in pounds
>living in (es)tonia
doesnt add up

>no dragon dildo

Where do you get Estonia from? Please don't tell me it's the package saying Amazon.es.

It just shows every amazon site, .it, .es, .co.uk, etc.

>buying from Amazon
A shiggity shiggity do. Aside from being evil, they're not even consistently the cheapest.

While I do like Chapman's Homer, that edition is abominable.

Hamilton is great.

>(.us)a
>(.it)aly
>(.fr)ance
>(.jap)an
>(.es)tonia
etc.

>Wordsworth classics
Ouch, really? Who's it translated by?

Chapman. What's wrong with Wordsworth?

Wut. Try google.jap and google.es and see if it gets you to Japan and Estonia.

it's espana you idiots

>(.es)paƱa
>(.it)alia
>(.de)utschland

.es is Espania you dunce

Super cheap, and always the oldest translations for that reason. Chapman has literary merit in its own right, of course, but it's also public domain so free from Project Gutenberg.

Still, the cover isn't actually one of the truly funny Wordsworth ones.

You weren't kidding, jeez. Must explain why they're so cheap.

I'll get shat on for this one I think.

I would have to respect somebody who collected them.

I never got why Hamilton decided to put Norse mythology in this book. It's so out of place, he's talking mostly about Greek, a bit about Roman mythology and at the 85% mark of the book he's like "Oh, yeah the Norse gods exist also."

why?

>Wordsworth
>Penguin Classics
>Oxford World's Classics
You've got the comedy tier, plebeian tier and patrician tier of classical literature editions all in one order.

Just saw this on amazon before coming here funnily enough. What a shit-show of a cover.

I've seen people call 1984 middle-school tier here.

Wordsworth Classics are great desu, wouldn't touch them for translated works but 2 quid for all the great English novels (Dickens, Woolf, the Brontes etc.) in quality condition with decent, unobtrusive notes is perfect for me.

>he

It is, but literature generally gets taught in school because it's great so that's not a problem.

Although 1984's really in there more for cultural impact (and political utility) than the excellence of the writing. Still pretty essential though.

You should have read it in high school, but there is literally nothing wrong with catching up or reading it again.
It's just very direct and whacks you over the head so that even high schoolers are able to grasp the themes.

That's all folks.

I did read it, but in my native language. Wanted to read it again in English.

Why would you read Karl Marx?

cringe

It was only 1 pound so I thought, why not?

Because it's a horrid ideology?

I found it funny you bought The Communist Manifesto and 1984 at the same time.

Don't listen to this guy, he's probably hoarding grain.

Buy Kapital next.

buying something that was meant to be read by illiterate proles too dumb to understand Marx' actual philosophy

>The Communist Manifesto

>Sips Starbucks pumpkin spice latte

Wrong.

He should buy An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations

There's no Starbucks where I'm from.

Quality post, I hope giving credit to Estonia for every Spanish-writing author will become a meme. Miikael Keravantes

>Wordsworth Classics are great desu, wouldn't touch them for translated works
The Wordsworth War and Peace is a great edition using the classic Maudes translation. It lacks a decent introduction and supplementary material, but you can make up for this buying a volume of criticism with all the money you saved.

Some will argue OWC is better because it restores footnotes, but I've found the casual reader will prefer the in-line French translations that Wordsworth offers making it superior to OWC.

And as expected, Wordsworth is fine for non-translated works assuming the cover isn't absolute shit.

Good purchases OP. You got a lot of reading now.

I'd read 1984 and Mythology first, at the same time.

I'm actually tired of this shit. There's nothing wrong with reading someone no matter who he is. You retarded chart lovers don't understand that to actually criticize or shit on someone or something, you have to read it first. How the fuck is he going to know if the Communist Manifesto is good or bad if he doesn't read it? How can he even have an opinion?
Not being an idiot that talks about books he hasn't read and repeats what other anons said is actually a good thing.

>buying from amazon
>babby's entry level reading

Kys, you pleb.

Where do you buy from?

My local bookstores, friend.

herodotus is quality, 1984 is good but orwell's non-fiction is best

> communist manifesto instead of Kapital

ya dun goofed