Why do people struggle so much with math?

Can you be born stupid?
Did you have to study a shit ton to understand or were you naturally gifted?

People literally process and retain information differently.
Can you be born stupid?
Duh.
Did you have to study a shit ton to understand or were you naturally gifted?
99% of people will need to study even if naturally gifted. Even the great geniuses needed to study. The difference is the acceleration and ceiling of your understanding compared to normies.

>The difference is the acceleration and ceiling of your understanding compared to normies.
Yeah but why does that happen? Is it bound to genetics? Interest?

>Why do people struggle so much with math?
because you don't really need it in average life. so the brain turns it off.

Recently I've been teaching mathematics to my girlfriend because she got into college and has to take college algebra. Now I have realized something most people really won't comprehend: you have to be born smart enough for mathematics.

While teaching her I realized something. The reason people fail at math is because you reach a point where you have to take into account so many rules are properties that if your brain cannot properly handle all those rules simultaneously, you will fuck up. I never realized this on my own because when I was just practicing I never noticed how much information I was actually processing. But while helping my gf work through problems I can literally do the problem in my head and pinpoint exactly at what step she will fuck up. Because I can now very clearly see in which steps you have to do the most symbolic manipulation, and it is at those steps where she will always get a sign wrong, or add two numbers incorrectly, or write things in the wrong order.

I always thought that people were just lazy. That math was so easy that everyone should be capable of doing it but I was wrong. And I was wrong because doing 100 operations simultaneously for us feels exactly like doing just one operation. We do not feel that difference in complexity because our brain is wired in the right way. But some people are not that lucky, and they get fucked.

Abstraction is a process most people aren't comfortable with. It's easy to get lost and lose sight of what you were originally trying to accomplish.

So tell me, do you still need your gf to get off or do you just jerk it to how smart you think you are?

kek

Well they do get blessed with not coming off like a massive fucking faggot. So people will actually like them. And that's important too.

Both. When I'm with my gf she does the job but sometimes I am able to do some analysis proofs so fucking sick and violent that I can't help but get hard and have to jerk off.

Put her in dual n-back for half a year and come back to us.

I think I'd rather be a faggot than be bad at math. Being good at math is literally 90% of my personality.

Probably both. Some peoples brains aren't "wired" to process the information or recall the things needed to solve complex issues. I have a problem remembering rules in physics sometimes, but computer programing is pretty easy. That dumb kid in class? It not generally their fault they have trouble, they literally can't understand. And schools do a SHIT job with identifying the strength and weaknesses of students then tailoring a curriculum to them.

You live a pathetic life if that is where you hang your identity. Because in the math world you are probably bottom 10%.

my intuition is most often correct.

I am a college student. I know more math than 90% of the world.

But in the world of people who are good at math you're terrible.

>hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhaahha

Also
>I'm a jizz mopper
>I know more about mopping jizz than 90% of the world

Basically this.

I agree that I am at the bottom because I am just a student, but I am also top of my class.

With some hard work I will reach the stars.

Also, I do not understand why everyone got so salty about me. I never bragged about being talented in my first post. I even ended it by talking about "we" in the sense of all of us sci posters. I meant all of us could do those things.

Are you angry at me because I have a girlfriend?

It's because you come off like a massive faggot with a holier than thou complex. You are the scum of personalities. We hate you because you are a shit person. You are also the "top of your class" in a bullshit program. No one cares. Also, you don't know everyone elses grades. And there is no such thing as "your class" in college. The "class" changes every fucking semester in terms of majors, people attending, who is in your class, who dropped out etc etc etc.

I can tell you are full of shit, because until you graduate and get your little mega cum load necklace, there is no "top of the class."

>Are you angry at me because I have a girlfriend?
yes

I am a simple man, with some retarded complications. Like, I don't care much for algebra, but I love analysis. I only study so much math because of my crippling depression. I am not the best at what I do, and I ain't saying I'm better than you but if you got triggered from what I said then your autism certainly speaks. I am a guy who passes out at ten and wakes up at seven. All is not right, god is not in his heaven, but I don't need heaven for now.

If this post sounds familiar, I've posted this before in previous threads one or two times.

I believe you're wrong, I struggled with algebra for quite some time, until I actually started practicing over and over again how to solve equations. The issue with math is not that it's difficult for most people, it's that most people (at least in 'merrica) are taught to simply memorize rules. Studying and learning math, like every other subject, requires understanding to progress.

Additionally, unlike other subjects, you need to physically write down and solve problems as you're studying. Most people read the textbook where the steps are shown, see that it looks easy enough to follow, and then get confused later on when confronted with a quiz or test.

>I believe you're wrong, I struggled with algebra for quite some time, until I actually started practicing over and over again how to solve equations.

Well, that's good but this still does not really argue against my point. You trained yourself to be good at math. We all know that brains can be trained to do stuff, this is the entire point of education. But when you see little kids who immediately get stuff there you see that there is an inherent difference between that kid and your average kid.

There are kids who unironically discover new algebraic formulas or theorems before knowing what even a proof is. And that is what OP is really talking about. That inherent natural talent that some people seem to just be born with.

Other people, instead, have to struggle to learn math. You struggled to learn math. Most people struggled to learn math. That doesn't mean that you can't learn math, it just means that you have trouble doing so.