Le copy everything Tolstoy said and rehash it as my own

le copy everything Tolstoy said and rehash it as my own

Do people actually listen to this guy?

le trash on someone as soon as they get a little bit of fame thread

Oh look! One of his fans!

I noticed some Heidegger in him aswell. But this is normal, he's an educated man and it's visible.

I cringe whenever youtube skeptic pseudo intellectuals try to explain how he's both a Christian and smart

What do you think he copied from Tolstoy?

never heard of him

WHY WOULD I READ PETERSON WHEN I COULD READ TOLSTOY, JUNG AND NIETZSCHE INSTEAD?!

because you haven't

Except I have.

are you certain?

His book Maps of Meaning has some pretty interesting concepts. It's a lot more in depth than his stuff on YT, so I would advise you give it a try before you write him off user.

He has some great ideas worth hearing. I only found him after bumping into his videos on Dostoyevsky, and ended up watching a fair bit of his catalogue because he is well spoken and consistently interesting. He doesn't know everything and he isn't the next Nietche, but show me someone more learned and better at rhetoric and I'll listen to their ideas too.

I don't see the need to praise one guy as the messiah of supreme knowledge and ignore everyone who falls short. Just like in learning an art, you make mistakes and learn through iteration to find what you are content with calling true and good. However, if you take anything too seriously you will always blind yourself to the satisfaction of pure intellectual bliss.

Because you can read Tolstoy, Jung, Nietzsche AND Peterson.

this

Is it more in depth than his Maps of Meaning lectures? Watching through them now and it's some pretty insightful stuff mixed in with some bizarre and to my mind pointless shit. Mostly insightful though

Which part do you think is bizarre and pointless?

Because he hates trannies and leftists. Makes him a fucking legend in my book (I'm redpilled)

So fucking stupid and pointless

Do you not realize that making this thread is giving more attention to him? I think the guy is a mediocre thinker and I probably would've never heard of him if """"""""""""""redpilled""""""""""""""" posters hadn't taken a liking to his anti-political correctness/SJWism, but I don't make threads about him. Might as well make a thread lambasting EL James (thus of course forcing the board to talk about EL James seriously, even if negatively, and therefore making the entire board worse).

>he says this whilst posting in the thread

What did he mean by this?

The guy at the very least has interesting stuff to say. I think most of you cannot accept that a serious intellectual that is not yourself gets some fame and praise.

>I think most of you cannot accept that a serious intellectual that is not yourself gets some fame and praise.
This

What I meant by accidentally bumping it with my post is that I forgot to sage, as I'm doing now.

I just feel he's a little unfocused at points. He veers off in directions that don't follow from his original point, in ways I can't see as anything but bizarre and pointless. It strikes me as being a little like what Zizek does, but not nearly as extreme. I'd struggle to think of an example though (it's been a week since I watched any of his lectures)

>>I think most of you cannot accept that a serious intellectual that is not yourself gets some fame and praise.
>This
Seconding this "this"

I do not hate the guy, I'm not part of the people pointlessly lambasting him. I just feel he's unoriginal and we're making a pointless fuss about him. As this guy says, he basically is very derivative of other authors and philosophers (basically Jung, Nietzsche, and Campbell, I'd boil it down to --- although Campbell was heavily derivative of the two himself, funnily enough), so I found nothing original in what I've heard of his ideas so far in the few videos of his I've watched. I'm so confident that his ideas are uninteresting and derivative that you couldn't even pay me to read one of his books.

However, I don't flame against him, because that itself is part of the problem. Also, saged.

i used to watch his lectures even before he started blasting trannies on the street

Or maybe it's because he's a hack fraud who is rehashing ideas already expressed?

Maybe it's because I'm a fucking genius and I don't want fame?!

He mostly mentions the authors when he uses their ideas. As far as I know the central thesis of his book is original, although he builds on other people's work to get there.

The amount of raw hostility that he gets from the left is reason enough for me to pay attention to him. Even if his ideas aren't all original, he is at least popularizing them, and communicating them to people who would otherwise remain ignorant.

People didn't call Ghandi a hack fraud just because he got a lot of his ideas and guidance from Tolstoy. People called him a hack fraud because they were afraid of him.

in the huxley's nightmare age, it's good that men still make mention of and draw from the great thinkers

only a bootyblasted leftist would think otherwise

Good for you. He does have interesting ideas which can inspire and entertain people, I feel, but he doesn't do that for me. That's where I end my stance on him.

>Tolstoy
LITERALLY A WHITE FUCKING MALE

>from the left

le i think in terms of left and right meme

Lol, what's it like being a pathological retard?! Thought so!

>only a bootyblasted leftist would think otherwise
refer to
cuck!

This desu

Epic reply, you sure showed him!

>men still make mention of and draw from the great thinkers
That's like 4 different reasons for the left to hate him.

aye

look at you can taste the bitter ressentiment and effete, passive aggressive anger across the internet

i really hope we figure out a way to remove these people from our societies soon

Only effeminate nu-male cucks look up to Jordan Peterson like a daddy figure.

Learn to study some actual philosophy, plebs.

Yeah, something instead of listening to a never-been like Peterson they should try listening to someone relevant, like Jon Greene.

Epic

le everything relates back to trump and clinton

Idiot!

Woah epic roast bro?!? Supreme intellect in da house

I want pol and reddit to leave.

But then no one would be here