Why does time move in one direction?

Einstein said time was an illusion, but we now know it isn't? Do we know why time seems to only be physically capable of travel on a single dimension?

Is it just the human brain not being capable of perceiving time in multiple directions?

(((Einstein)))

I've been trying to base my life and (lack of) faith in life being purposeful on his quotes; should I not or are you just being /pol/?

Time is a concept, not a real thing.

>capable of travel on a single dimension
[citation needed]

not that user, but the answer is yes to both. Eisntein was most definitely (((einstein))), he viewed himself first as a jew, then as a communist, and last as a german.

Perhaps we can only travel in one direction because we do not fully grasp what the concept of time truly is outside of the inane characterization of qualities we attribute to said phenomena based on our singular perspective.

Einstein didn't practice Judaism though; he was ethnically a Jew but nearly atheist. He believed in a God but not a personal one and thought heaven was a concept for brainlets.

I guess there is some faultiness in accepting any one person's opinion as the truth of the universe but he seems to have been right about everything so far, hasn't he?

Arrow of Time. Moving in another dimension is physically impossible for time.

time is basically cause and effect and no one can reverse cause and effect. here´s an example: let´s say there´s a campfire. The fire burns the pieces of would wich means it transforms the energy of the wood into another energy such as wamrth and smoke and light, but wamrth and smoke and light can´t be transformed into wood.

Time is a mental intuition we have about change. The universe changes constantly and we abstract this change into time which implies that our concept of time is not what is doing the real work here because that is just physical changes in the universe.

With that said, a reversal in time or a traveling back in time would require either a complete reversal in the physical change of the universe or some way to insert an object/set of objects into a parallel universe with the desired level of physical change.

Both of the options given seem impossible to achieve.

Doesnt that describe most modern first world non israeli jews though?

But doesn't time dilation/relativity refute that and posit time is a real thing and not a concept?

Einstein calls time an illusion in reference to the fact that an absolute reference from does not exist and time is intrinsically connected to space. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that time is just like any other spacial dimension, though. Time is an entirely different kind of dimension than the other 3, and is treated as such by special and general relativity.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics says that, in any real process, the entropy generation is always non-negative. Thus, the arrow of time is directed along the continuous rise of entropy.

>mfw after two semesters of thermodynamics I still don't really know what entropy is

i think time is better specified as Js3 vs kg/m3 interaction process. diametral sign of exponents.

space dimensions have equal rights, time dimensions imo dont have. i posit there are 3 time dimensions, leading to a 6d-modell. build out of two sets of 3d systems. so a huge duality.

Came to kinda post this, but in brainlet speak.

Just gonna leave this here

How does superconducting fit into this btw?

(According to this theory) we don't travel in time to any direction. Your life is at fixed position in "timeline", that starts from birth and ends to death. You do not move in time, but instead your brains, that are only capable of three-dimensional thinking, perceive this four-dimensional information of your "lifeline" as three-dimensional "slices", which creates the illusion of time flowing forward.

>Your life is at fixed position in "timeline"
Meant: your experience of life is at fixed position in "timeline"

he meant that time being separate from spacetime was an illusion.

>thermodynamics

Because time is relative distance.
A to B = B to A

Entropy can not be reversed because the sum of all factors causes it.
When you time travel, at least you would a factor that is not reversing.

When standing still, we are moving through time at the speed of light. Travel at significant speed in any spatial dimension and we move around the periphery of a circle of radius c, robbing ourselves of velocity in the time dimension according to the equation (c^2 - v^2)^.5

Less to do with the frictionless motion of electrons and more to do with the difficulty of maintaining superconducting temperatures - fighting against the 2nd law by expending effort shovelling heat uphill

What even is time? How would you define said phenomena?

>after two semesters of thermodynamics I still don't really know what entropy is
Heat causes molecules to vibrate, so that bodies of matter tend to shake themselves apart

Time moves in the opposite direction on the otherside of big banganb gib fo edisrehto eht no noitcerid eil a si emiT.

A year records the passage of the earth completing a full circuit around the sun.

That was hard.