Light speed

Can an object go faster than light in a computer game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uu7jA8EHi_0
youtube.com/watch?v=_JMktNW8RiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>make light in your game move at a certain speed
>make something else go faster
ez

Doesn't that imply that we can create computer programs with faster CPUs than the CPU that's running the program?

>All CPU production stops and every CPU upgrade is downloadable from now on

this might be truer than you think, you poor, poor pleb.

>inb4 aspies lose their shit

Yes, and someone made a fps with that concept. Google it, because I do not remember the name

a faster speed of light?

Can a thought move faster than light in your imagination?

Say you have 2 guys with a coin each, one heads one tails. You go to opposite ends of the Universe. Look at your coin, it's heads. You know instantly that the other guy has tails.

Basically Quantum Entanglement.

What is the relative time difference between light and something travelling 0% the speed of light? Is it infinite?

Two different spots within a game are not necessarily as far apart within the electronics processing the game. To illustrate, you may store the location of an object along the x axis as a 32-bit float value, and this numerical value may represent the object's x-location in meters. To demonstrate this object's motion along the x axis, you simply change the number stored as its x location as time moves forward.

Now, imagine that the object's x location for time 0 is 0. After one second, the x location is set to 900000000. This location is over three light seconds away, but the object got there in one second. The object moved faster than light, and all that had to change was the on/off state of a few switches inside the computer.

therefore, since we live in a simulation, FTL travel is indeed possible

Yes, just like how you can write about an object travelling faster than light.

Pretty much any game that runs like shit is like a game where shit happens to you before you can see it. Like that time when I flew into an invisible tree in GTA and then it appeared a second later.

That's not thinking faster than the speed if light. That's just thinking from super far away.

>arbitrarily dictate that the base unit in your game is a metre
>make basic movement and enable you to travel 1,000,000,000metres/second/fixed loop
>???
Wow, you're travelling faster than the speed of light!

It is entirely relative, it entirely depends on the supposed distances and speeds of objects involved. However, regarding the physical processes of the device you're using to run this game, it is impossible. The speed of light is dictated by the speed of causality.

Call of Duty?
Fucking tic-rate.

>a coin each, one heads one tails.
Do you know how coins work???

youtube.com/watch?v=uu7jA8EHi_0

I was contemplating this by myself the other day. If we discover super luminal communications, would that mean that we would get a parcel of information before the input is received?

Agh....
AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
OP WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!?!!??!
*Head fucking implodes*

youtube.com/watch?v=_JMktNW8RiY

Of course it can.

user my mind is f*ckin blown.

you can travel faster than light speed in many video games or space simulations like space engine

it would mean that we would get information before it was sent right?

no, you obtuse windbag, computers inside a simulation run using the power of the computer that's running them

Thank you...
You have now found Gods power source in this universe :D

Yes.

It's usually presented as two gloves in separate boxes, and the point is that the information on what is inside the other box is kind-of sorta transmitted across the distance instantaneously.
I agree that it's kinda BS but it is a genuine metaphor for quantum entanglement

But its not really. The information of what is in the other box is transmitted at exactly the speed with which you're carrying the box.

it's called wormholes here though

You knew what he meant retard

>Basically Quantum Entanglement
Wrong

Thanks for clearing that up