What's up with all the normies going on keto diets?

What's up with all the normies going on keto diets?
This seems like a fucking pseudoscience to me, can somebody elaborate is this effective?
So much fat can't be good for organism.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_oxidation#Overview
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid_fermentation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's basically: no excess sugar because
>Le bad

But actually most of our achievements as the dominant species lies in a fuck ton of sugar and in recent years of history caffeine

Because it's a healthy diet that is easy to maintain. With minimum carbs blood sugar/insulin levels don't wiggle that much, so there are no cravings.

t. fatass with a sweet-tooth

I would usually expect excessive amount of fat would clog the shit out of your arteries.
Can someone reply is it pseudoscience or not?
They have a subreddit called ketoscience but it lacks actual sources badly.

I have no idea of science behind it beyond what you may find online yourself, but my cholesterol levels were completely fine after 8 months on keto and I never felt better. Most of my fat I got from fish and avocado which have "the good" HDL cholesterol (so I've read, no bully).

I went on a keto-ish diet after getting diagnosed with fatty liver disease in December. Since then I've lost 25 lbs, my liver count has gone down, and I feel a lot better. Instead of completely cutting out carbs, I just make sure to pay attention to how much I'm getting and eating more fiber rich sources while cutting out things with a lot of added sugar.

I also increased the amount of exercise I was getting which definitely helped.

sugar makes you tired and dumb, dumbfuck

Thinking of going on keto now, i became a fat slob during the last year

Any of you lads that are on it already can recommend good meals for started that are idiot-proof?

add nightshades to the exclude list

Not true. It gives you energy to your brain and acts as a very weak stimulant. Too much may cause cognitive issues though.

I had no time to cook during exams, so I got a steamcooker and would just stick some fish/chicken and keto veggies in and presto 15 minutes it's done. Guacamole is pretty idiot proof. Eggs of all kinds. Kale chips. Basically just remember the chart and mix and match. Frankly, I never got to any particular culinary achievements, because it was always faster and easier to stick it in the steamer/pan/oven and drizzle some non-sugary sauce over it. The fact that your taste sense improves massively when you're off sugar replaced the need for haute cuisine for me.

Pro-tips: you're going to have to get used to drinking 2-3l+ of water a day. Get some flax seed husks or you're going to get pretty dank constipations for your first week or two on keto.

You're thinking of glucose. The fructose portion of sucrose is metabolised solely in the liver and causes fatigue.

>my liver count has gone down
>i had one liver
>now it's gone
Must be tough living with fatty liver disease. No more fatty liver, though.

>tfw fatty liver
>tfw 1 year on keto no fatty liver
It's a pretty meme diet, guys, don't fall for it. I'll never become foie gras now.

It's half common sense of not eating processed food and 90 percent carbs daily, half jewish trickery to hurt milk sales..
Seems like a good diet if you are fat or have certain health problems, but if you are already fit and healthy it's kind of dumb to not have grains and milk in moderation. Also this diet seems like it is very high in histamine, so it would be problematic for people with allergies or certain autoimmune diseases.
If you look at the keto reddit it is mostly fatties who are like wow i stopped eating a cake every day and lost 400 pounds!!!! yeah, real rocket science.
Also carbs keep your brain happy.

No bully. You're right of course. Keto is just really easy to stay on, eliminates food cravings and has amazing side effects of eliminating sugar from your diet.

Carbohydrates, Fat (lĂ­pides), Proteins & Minerals like Sodium are all essential for life, building materials vital for all living organisms.
>Sources are the basic first units of any general Biology book.
>Reece, Urry, Cain, Wasserman, Minorsky, and Jackson - Campbell Biology
>Sadava, Hillis, Heller, and Berenbaum - Life: the Science of Biology

If you 100% lack one of them, you DIE / are dead.

Carbs, Fat, Sodium, Protein are bad IN EXCESS, but are all NECESSARY for life.

Just like Water, people die if drink too much water because it can dilute your blood, but we all need to drink water to live.

Dumbfuck Brainlet Normies are retarded because they believe that you need to get rid of 100% of carbs/Sodium/fat intake to have a healthy life

There's pretty much no correlation between dietary cholesterol and atherosclerosis.

>Sources are the basic first units of any general Biology book.
If you had taken biology courses past the introductory levels you would know that carbs, proteins, and fats are interconvertible through normal biochemical pathways.

user if you made it past bio 101 you'd know your body is perfectly able to enter ketosis and convert fats and proteins to sugars

glucose is sugar you dumbfuck, specify what you're talking about when it's needed

Keto specifically warns against being 100% carb free. Fuck off, pseud.

One of my good friends is on the diet, he has lost 50 pounds!

If you have actually learned something in Biology Classes you should know that are lots of essential Fats & Amino acids that human body can not synthetise without direct intake.

Sodium is essential for Brain neuronal function. Sodium deficiency cause Brain damage & Mental Retardation. I think that you are not taking Sodium enough.

Nice fatty steaks cooked in a lot of butter in a frying pan

Microwave some broccoli in a bowl covered in saran wrap with a tablespoon of water

Word
Honestly after being in ketosis for a month my brain felt like it was in overdrive. Eating any sugar made me feel almost drunk, really cloudy mind

People do this cuz its easy. You dont have to track calories or anything to lose weight on a keto diet unless you have a very voracios appetite or really really like olive oil

It's good for losing body fat but terrible for your overall health (your body uses macronutrients for energy in this order: carbs -> fats -> proteins, so if you cut carbs your body goes straight to burning fat). One thing they are right about is that people eat too much sugar and too little healthy fat, but you can work that into your diet in a sensible way without following some extreme all-or-nothing fad diet.

>microwaving saran wrap

wat

you can get the same effect by just using an upturned plate over a bowl, without any of the nasty shit leaching from what they put into clingwrap.

keto is a way for fatties who are too stupid to limit what they eat to eat less calories overall because they're not stuffing their fat faces with an entire loaf of bread

Isn't it basically because people get full from a non-carbohydrate filled foodstuff?

They say people get thinner if they start smoking because having a cigarette always in your mouth stops you from otherwise stuffing your face.

remind that if you want to eat less sugar that doesnt mean you have to do keto

and yes sugar is bad for you

>terrible for your overall health
It isn't in any way bad for your health.

>because having a cigarette always in your mouth
No, it's because nicotine is a hunger suppressor.

>nuts and seeds are good
>beans are not
They really need to decide whether or not legumes are alright.
>Eating that much meat
>Dairy and oils are in the base
>But no milk guys
About the only common thread is no grain, which is still stupid as actual whole grain is good for you.
>No sugar
>But berries are alright
>Eat green veggies sparingly
What the fuck is this diet?

starch bad, proteine good.
there.

Milk has sugars, berries and fruit are high on sugar.
Green veg are high on fiber, which high proteine diet needs, but also high on carbs, so a no-no.

Basically, it's a diet alpha males had. So, if you want to be alpha, stick to keto, otherwise go be a berrypicker.

>green veg
>high in carbs
wut

>nuts are legumes
>there's such a thing as too much meat
>milk and fermented milk produce is the same
>guise whole grain is good for you
Ensure you're not retarded before posting spicy meme arrows.

>sugar is bad for you

Virtually none of you understand basic biochemistry. It's sad you actually dare discuss this topic.
Let me educate you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_oxidation#Overview
This is basically how the breakdown of fatty acids results in the generation of ATP. You don't need intake of sugars for that, you just need this for ATP production. You still need sugar, because glucose is the primary food source for neurons. You still need proteins and minerals (Ca, Na, K, Cl are the most important one's for variety of different types of cells) because you need to maintain some level of homeostasis and minerals are excreted and proteins eventually are catabolized (recycling isn't 100%).
The idea to cut sugar is because excess of sugar will turn into fat. But the standard diets have an excess of sugars and fats, so you'd have to cut something out. Too much sugar will also fuck with your sugar metabolism and developing diabetus mellitus type II is no joke.
The trick should be to eat just enough of everything essential to maintain your weight, but that's extremely difficult (because who knows precisely what the molecular make up of every dish you stuff your face with is, right?)
So broad stroking it with just relying on fats for your energy production is smart, while still getting everything else in that's essential.

huh, shucks, whaddaya know..

The brain will not use protein as an energy source, and many fats are too large to cross the blood brain barrier. The brain uses glucose almost exclusively.

I tried this briefly and felt like shit, just gave up and started counting my calories instead. I'm still losing weight even though I eat carbs. I feel normal, don't have to suffer to get to a healthy weight, meme diets are fucking stupid.

White matter Myelin is mostly made of Omega-3 & Omega-6 fat.

Hormones are made of Fat (Lipids), they cross the blood brain.

Omega-3 & 6 fat do cross the blood brain.

Gray matter is mostly Protein + Minerals + Neurotransmitters + Hormones.

Which is why one should use either exclusively fruitbased sugars for quick uptake (fructose, glucose), and only starchbased complex sugars for a day of hard labour for a constant steady energy source.

This is assuming everything else in one's diet is balanced. But of course we live in the real world, where this little country called USA decided to fuck with western food culture.

60% of a Human Brain is White Matter, 40% Gray Matter (for Genius & Brainlets)

White matter Myelin is mostly made of Omega-3 & Omega-6 fat.

Omega-3 & Omega-6 fat cross the blood brain barrier.

Gray Matter is Proteins, Carbs, Neurotransmitters, Hormones & Other Organic Molecules & Inorganic Minerals.

More than half of any Human Brain is Fat.

Probably not as healthy as intermittent fasting, which does have a fairly decent amount of science to back it up.

>meme diets

>Cut out milk
>Cheese and butter are okay
What?

Carbs, Protein and Fat
Are the three biggest macro nutrition agents and make the bulk of caloric types.

Adjusting the ratio has a significant impact on health. Nearly all major diets mostly mess with that ratio.

After years of documenting and dieting I am convinced that the ratio is person specific. One diet works wonders on one person and wreaks another.

I found my ratios and have since fine tuned into other agents like B3 and even more detailed to Iodine and such. As there are many many variables besides how much fat you get, some secondary things affect absorption rates which really matter.

In short another diet that will only help 10~30% of people who match the biological needs target. Which will latter be called a failure, given 90~70% will have problems with it, just like so many others. Then some new version will come out. How long till we see high sugar diet toted as healthy again?
Sub-Conclution body type matters.

is diet based on blood type a thing here?
lots of people do it and believe it

lost like 15kg in a month by eating nothing but tuna and meat (0 carbs)

I meant my liver enzyme count has gone down, but yeah it sucked for awhile.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid_fermentation

Lower sugar content.
Have fun buying new kidneys.

eat dem vegetables you fat fucks

my mom has been doing meme diets for 10 years and shes still fat as fuck LOL

You still have to eat a caloric deficit regardless of meme diet.

>woah maybe instead of eating a shit ton of different foods that will magically improve my metabolism i should start eating less
said no fatty ever

So you can still drink milk, just without lactose. Simple.

Some scientists theorize our larger brain size and cognitive ability evolved through higher protein intake. Our ancestors evolved from purely vegetarian to carnivorous and then omnivorous to facilitate this.

You can eat and drink whatever on keto, just keep the macros.

According to my physiology professor, keto diets are stupid. He really shits on any diet besides glycogen supracompensation diets because it's what he uses with the Olympic marathoners he trains. He says that keto diets lower glycogen stores, decreasing endurance.

>you need carbs to do sports
wew someone should contact the nobel committee
>shitting on a prescription diet
he should neck himself

>keto diets lower glycogen stores
That's the point of the keto diet. You deplete your glycogen stores, which forces your body to use fat (and if you're an idiot, muscle) for fuel. The body can only absorb ~1% of its fat stores for energy in a day, so an athlete with 10% body fat isn't going to be able to convert enough fat into energy to keep going.

Guess what? Most people aren't running in an Olympic marathon each day. Most people don't have 10% body fat. Keto is fine for most people. Your professor is an idiot if he doesn't understand the difference between the needs of elite athletes and Joe Fatback.

Keto cult worshippers are full of shit.
It's for retards who can't limit themselves from taking sugars and carbs so they need ideology to guide them.

It looks like a diet for people who don't like diets. Basically, you can still eat all the meat you want (which Western civilization has made possible through gross efficiencies); add in all that extra cheese, oil and butter; add in that little bit of veggies, but not too much; meh, fruits and berries are a snack food.

Not sure why they cut out beans and corn though. This diet would cause mass famines if everyone started following it. Can't keep the world feed on meat and fat.

This sounds about right. No reason to cut out these things unless your incapable of controlling yourself. Even then, your just going to end up eating an excessive amount of something else to fill that hole. Diets by themselves are pointless unless the person does more to change their habits.

sucrose is "table sugar" and is a compound of glucose and fructose

this
if you dont add some sport you wont get decent results

some scientists also theorize that drinking your piss is healthy
theories arent facts, duh

>limit themselves from taking sugars and carbs
That is literally what keto is. Are you slightly special?

limiting is not excluding
all "you never will eat this again" kind of diets are retarded
everything is ok if the doses are ok

Keto is just a set of macros - you can eat anything you want. The chart is just to help you fill those macros with healthy food instead of one big slice of cake.

then it's fine
i dont know how many can do it like that tho,
most people i hear going on any kind of diet consider any restricted food as poison

For some prescribed diets, those foods may indeed be as harmful as poison but that's not what Keto is for most on it (epileptic children being the exception).

People often will cut out a particular food item entirely because they know from experience that they have a difficult time controlling how much of it they eat once they start. It's easier to just not have that first bowl of Super Sugar Bombs than to stop from having the second or third bowl.