Has a book ever made you mad? if so, what happened?

Has a book ever made you mad? if so, what happened?

Yes, when I read "On Women" by Schopenhauer.

Never have I seen so much impotent virgin rage.

TNC on 9/11 first responders from BTWAM:
“They were not human to me. Black, white, or whatever, they were menaces of nature; they were the fire, the comet, the storm, which could — with no justification — shatter my body.”

>firefighters
>shattering bodies

american gods - the whole plot is a mess, with extremely unrealistic reactions all over the narrative ("hey shadow ur waifu u wasted lots of pages sayan u loved is ded... and she was fuckin ur best buddy "..."whatever")

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - first book was alright, then he proceeds to fuck everything just because (lol so randub xDD le best novel 4eva)

after these i never read YA ever again

>He criticized women, he must be a virgin!

Average American Male by Chad Kultgen

infinitely stupid and unfunny

oh and Deathwatch by Robb White

impossibly logically negligent

True, user should have used the terms misogynist poodle-fucker

War and Peace, the part when Natasha cucks Prince Andrei and fucks off with that scumbag Kuragin. Literally got triggered and had to stop reading for a while.

It's become automatic for me now to just filter out anyone who uses the word misogynist

It just means woman hater.
You think this doesn't exist? You're a woman hater. Schopenhauer was a woman hater. It's legit. Cuck.

Vonnegut's Player Piano.
I'm a manufacturing major, so I'm biased, but the fact that Kurt worked in a machine shop too, and also believed in the premise of the novel rather than it being a noncommittal examination made it worse.
I can usually stomach Vonnegut's smug narrative just fine but this was a bit much.

The epilogue made me quite mad. Fucking tolstoy

I know what it means. But there is only one type of person who actually uses that term in casual conversation, and that's the type who is not worth listening to.

I unironically threw my copy of A Storm of Swords accross the room after reading through the Red Wedding.

>everyone tells me how good Catcher in the Rye is
>It's a classic they tell me, a must read
>Read it to see what the fuss was all about
A fucking waste of time.

I'm going to ask you why you didn't like it so we can get into a fight.
Why didn't you like it?

I don't know. I just couldn't stand Holden Caulfield. At all.

Oh, and I also hated Into the Wild because Christopher McCandless wasn't an innocent, he was an idiot.

This book made me so livid that I tried to track down the author and give him a piece of my mind.
I only got as far as his bizarrely racist forums, where I posted an angry thread calling him out on this bullshit of a book, while thanking him for the Hyperion Cantos.
He never responded.

Some pretty shallow bases to dismiss entire books. I unironically recommend reading books that would infuriate you

All we can do is hope no one cares about ol Ta Nehisi 20 years from now. If he sincerely believes everything he wrote in BTWAM he most likely suffers from severe paranoia

My friend recommended The Power of One because 'you're a reader lol'. It was just so annoying and boring, and I don't care about boxing in the slightest.

I only persevered because I felt bad if I didn't read it.

Also, a friend recommended John Green in high school. I got three chapters in and then had to stop, it was so stupid.

So being, acting out as, saying things a woman hater does, is fine and dandy, but calling the trait out is impolite. Does it trigger you? That's one of those words they use too, isn't it?

Get you delusional head out of the bog, and call people out on hypocrisy. Liberals aren't leftist.

I share this feel
>the unending sadness I experienced when **Andrei dies**

You seem be have a lot of pent up butthurt. Perhaps we can go one thread without it turning into a political flame war? Take that shit back to tumblr

Politics? Why, it's just a word. He's/you're allergic to this perfectly valid word. So what is the reason for this allergy if not political?

>Has an user ever made you mad? if so, what happened?
Naw. It just sounds like it.

>So what is the reason for this allergy if not political?
Assholes like you

All this stupid wrangling to defend your woman hating poodle-fucker. So triggered. Wish I could help.

Not him but I agree with your advice. That's why I'm reading Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits.

I like the setting but fuck the characters.

Are you saying he wasn't?

When I read Tampa in between jerking the fuck off desu I got pretty mad at the main characters lack of remorse

I only come to this board off and on. Are you the resident legbeard? Figures a female would use a trip like an attention whore.

You're too old

What part made you mad?

The nice thing is that you are going to kill yourself anytime in the future just like most special snowflakes

he fucked some Jewish broad with a smoking problem

Homosexuality is the most Veeky Forums lifestyle though

Pride and Prejudice. Not the book itself really, which is standard bad, but the fact that it's so popular and praised.

I'll quote others because I don't want to waste time writing about that worthless junk:

>Bostonian poet and essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson, having read both Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice, bemoaned the fact that all anyone in the books seems to care about is money and marriage: “I am at a loss to understand why people hold Miss Austen’s novels at so high a rate, which seems to me vulgar in tone, sterile in artistic invention, imprisoned in their wretched conventions of English society, without genius, wit or knowledge of the world Never was life so pinched and so narrow. … Suicide is more respectable.”

>"Never before have I seen such massive intellectual power pumped into obsessions with wishy-washy aristocratic minutae. It is literally mind-blowing to see this kind of small-mindedness expanded out into a full novel, and then to be dignified by that term. Do we really have to know just where all the forks and spoons are, and everyone's reaction to them, in the correct sequence and societal order? Must we read fifty pages on each and every stitch of knitting that the women do, and exactly what ramifications each knitted garment has for society as a whole? Is it REALLY that essential that the characters discuss (in obsessive-compulsive detail) every single other character's reaction to the latest tea-party, or to every last tiny inconsequential comment of even the smallest note whatsoever, over hundreds and hundreds of pages? Because that, unfortunately, is what the majority of Jane Austen's writing consists of (or at least, of things of a similar nature) - on and on and on and on and on, with almost no variation whatsoever. Any actual story is frequently lost among endless technical descriptions of, and reactions to, the latest tea-cozy. (Or there about.)"

I threw Gravity's Rainbow at my wall when I reached the last 200 pages and realized it wasn't going to get better.

wow, glasses really DO make everyone look smarter...

One of the loudest advocates for life and happiness on the board is going to kill herself?

Dostoyevsky's White Nights.

The feels were too much

Did it explode?

Madame Bovary. Didn't even finish it, and gave it away shortly afterwards.

Russian literature gets to me as well desu.

Most people who like Austen are women. Women love stories about navigating social convention. These are the same people who read YA.