Did the infinite complexity of the universe arise from absolute simplicity? Did this really all come from nothing?

Did the infinite complexity of the universe arise from absolute simplicity? Did this really all come from nothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

vixra.org/abs/1608.0234
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Pro-tip: it was God.

More specifically, it was the prime-mover. An eternal actuality capable of actualizing itself through divine thought and the cosmos through circular movement

No, it all came from something. Something that was really hot/dense and exploded bout 14 billion years ago. The ultradense stuff still existed in an infinite universe.

>divine thought
bullshit detected

I personally think you just need three things: A thing, another thing and a reason to change the state of these things. Complexity can then be achieved by a combination of these two things, and the products of these things.

>nothing is impossible

This statement is actually meaningful in this context

There is no complexity. Everything is the same. It's just a delusion.

Symmetry has a habit of breaking. Nothingness is as perfectly symmetrical as you can get, and it duly broke. Put another way, all physical laws are corollaries of Murphy's Law.

Google: emergence

interesting
>vixra.org/abs/1608.0234

There was never a 'nothing'.

why does symmetry have a habit of breaking?

But couldn't something hot and dense emerge out of an absolute vacuum? How did the stuff always exist if, according to Stephen Hawking, time itself didn't always exist?

Don't hurt your brain thinking about it

Perhaps it was a grand separation of virtual particles despite extreme improbability. And now the universe will equalize until eventual heat death

Did god arise from absolute simplicity?

God has always been, if God has a cause then whatever caused it would be God.

I don't think current physics can provide an answer and it might not ever?

From a physics standpoint the universe is a paradox; it hasn't existed forever (heat death paradox), it cannot have been made from nothing (conservation violation) and anything pre dating it falls under the same two flaws.

So you have two options: An initial cause or eternal cycle that violates currently known laws of physics or a God (the same thing personified).
Now that doesn't mean the acceptance of a religion but the rejection of our current physical model as absolute.

The universe has always been, if the universehas a cause then whatever caused it would be the universe.

No sane physicist claims that our current model is THE model of the universe.

Prime mover is just another way of saying it was the fundamental forces. Speculating on their unobservable metaphysical origins doesn't seem like a very useful pursuit.

Prime mover implies intent or rather an intelligence behind the first move

This. God and universe will always be the same thing in a debate like this. Circular reasoning in its most classic.

G-d was born in 1980
>inb4 ayy lmao

Entropy. Duh.

none of this is real. we're in a simulation lol

The thing I don't get about entropy is how on earth did the singularity that caused the Big Bang ever form in the first place

What the fuck, why?

why do mods fail to delete these threads?

>Violating conservation
Okay

Entropy is a probabilistic law and not an absolute one

Except that I've seen the universe. A pretty fundamental difference.

>infinite complexity
No.
>Did this really all come from nothing?
No.

bcoz shill threads are source of clickbait revenue

Then why does heat death carry weight? I'm not being antagonistic I'm curious. If entropy isn't absolute why do we treat it as the absolute fate of te universe

Explain how it does not.

Entropy is disorder. But eventually even totally disordered systems will become ordered, just by probability.

If I generate random, million-digit numbers long enough, eventually one of them will contain the unicode representation of Hamlet.

I thought entropy could only ever increase? Or decrease, I forget, but one direction either way. Thus heat death means nothing else will ever happen, and Veeky Forums seems to state that as the accepted ultimate fate

Astrophysics was a mistake.

It's actually the opposite, according to Schrodinger's What is Life? - Absolute simplicity comes from the infinity complexity of the universe by a series of statistical thermodynamic relations.

>Conservation
Okay

Fixed.

Physics is not trying to figure out the universe.
It's about building a model that can predict the future accurately. Any ideas of the far past are worth even less than esoteric fortune telling.

Astrophysics is glorified trivia.

Define complexity.

this.

>be literally nothing
>be nothing to prevent anything
>stuff happens

>be fully coherent

my bet is that the universe fundamentally adheres to very simple rules, but through a large number of elements those rules give rise to complex structures

Order spontaneously emerged from disorder, yes.

Why not a thing, another thing and that's all folks? Let fluctuations do their job

Prime means fundamental, or most important. Prime numbers doesn't mean intelligent numbers, it means the fundamental ones.

No "prime" in this case means "unmoved", which is the more common phrasing but can be used interchangeably.