Warhammer Novels

I've be reading the 1d4chan wiki for the past few days, mostly warhammer stuff, and I was wondering if anyone has a few suggestions for novels I could read? Imperial guards are pretty dope, Necrons could be cool if there are any books written with them as a focus beyond horrifying enemy. Same goes for Tomb Kings.

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy-reading-order.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Start with the Greeks

But I don't wanna read about the ultramarines.

Horus Heresy

Which one.

go to the right fucking thread you manchild

Pretty sure I'm asking about novels, so this is the place to do it.

The first one, where else would you start a series?
Horus Rising, then False Gods, then Galaxy in Flames, etc.

I mostly asked because there are so many and I thought they where mostly all related by setting, not specifically in a chronological order.

you have mistakenly clicked on the board for literature when what you're attempting to read is in fact shiterature

No this is the board where pseuds pretend to enjoy reading door stoppers.

No I'm pretty sure it still counts as literature, though I am aware there are a lot of bad writers for the black library. Of course this is why I asked for examples of GOOD books from warhammer setting.

most of the novels are plagiarised from other places. The Fulgrim novel is just Dorian Grey with power armour. Sharpe is the basis for most of the Imperial Guard stories. Malice Darkblade is just Prince Elric.

Gaunts Ghosts are the books series about Imperial Guard, and actually all round fantastic character based books about an IG regiment over the course of decades, with new members being added, old ones dying, the regiment learning to adapt to the cultures of new recruits, and cope with the losses that inevitably happen.

Eisenhorn is a dark, tragic trilogy about an Inquisitor, also quite good.

Storm of iron is a massive base under siege story that manages to give do a good job with writing the perspective of both the invading chaos space marines and defending Imperial guard. Possibly the best mostly stand-alone 40K novel I've read, becuase I usually read series.

Starting with the Horus Heresy is dodgy because it's meant to be read with a sort of dramatic irony. You're meant to have enough knowledge of the future lore that when, for example, Abaddon casually strolls in as a friend of the protagonist, it's a massive 'oh shit' moment. If you don't know the lore he's just a high ranking space marine captain which is just unremarkable. That said i did start with the Horus Heresy after some codex reading and it did work out.

there are none hence shiterature

Incorrect- Veeky Forums is definitely the place for this. You won't get any useful replies (assuming you don't count 'read something good instead' as useful) from anyone who doesn't also browse Veeky Forums.

Missed those based digits

Stop reading shit

Ahh, there is an order to them but its not always chronological. Heres the list in order.
blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy-reading-order.html

Skarsnik is solid

this is one of the bleakest things I've ever read, you'll be depressed by the time you end it

This, it's Necrons v Guard too. Otherwise read the Gaunt's Ghosts novels if you want Sharpe/Band of Brothers set in 40k. Let the Galaxy Burn is a great short story collection, some duds but gives a great overall flavour of the setting.

anyone have a torrent for the books in the fantasy series?