What should you read first: Plato or Aristotle

What should you read first: Plato or Aristotle

And who is more valuable?

Other urls found in this thread:

cincinnatiisadump.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/crime-is-caused-by-poverty-enter-white-appalacha/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Epicurus.

Heraclitus.

I like aristotle better, but plato is easier. So plato, and you'll have a better time when readin aristotle.

No one is valuabler

Memes aside, chronological order. Since the death of the later, you've had people say one was more right than the other. Ignore these and figure it out for yourself.

Plato's either the superior writer (in a strictly literary sense for this point), or we just have the misfortune of living in a world where a good deal of Aristotle's really is nothing more than lecture notes. I guess I don't fully believe the later, but do recommend more of Plato's works

Socrates

Aristotle was just an edgy psued whos entire philosophy was based on circular logic.

>lol everything in nature is imbued with a singular purpose
>why? It just is lol. Proof? The proof is that everything has one purpose!
>since everything has one purpose, slaves are meant to be slaves and women are meant to be baby making machines!

Epicurus is an asexual defeatist bitch

>asexual
So a patrician?

>slaves are meant to be slaves and women are meant to be baby making machines!

Pretty much.

sounds like /ourguy/

>It's a Veeky Forums namedrops Ancient Greece thread

>slaves are meant to be slaves and women are meant to be baby making machines!

I see nothing controversial about this statement.

Plato should obviously be read first, as Aristotle builds a philosophical system that is in reaction to Plato's own.

There is no answer to your second question. Both are very important.

/pol/ is so fucking annoying. Youre not even edgy anymore, youre just predictable
>lol guys theres nothing wrong with [insert random ideological facist belief here]

God you guys are fucking losers

but there is nothing wrong with any fascist beliefs, guy
LOL

>conservative and fascist values should not be allowed in my Veeky Forums echo chamber

>fascists are so annoying, I can't argue against them so I'm just going to REEEEEEEE and hope I stump them.

lol

This kind of dishonest retarded argument is exactly what annoys me about you faggots. I have never seen a thoughtout coherent argument come from any of you. Its always the same shit;
>LOL NIGGERS ARE DUMB!
Then you wait with baited breath for someone to act shocked or appalled at what you said, and when they call you out, rather than provide any sort of coherent argument you'll just call them a cuck.

The best attempts Ive ever seen /pol/ make are always some ideological christian garbage or a bad attempt at evolutionary psychology. You guys are just fucking retarded

Im sorry, did they make an argument?

Nice blog post, friend. I'll be sure to subscribe ;)

For fuck's sake, calm down I was making a joke. You SJW cuck numale fags need to stop looking desperately for more things to get offended at. This is Veeky Forums, not a feminist knitting circle in Portland.

You getting triggered was the goal, my friend.

The arguments are out there, just look them up. Going "wow just wow what a fascist" isn't an argument.

>You SJW cuck numale fags need to stop looking desperately for more things to get offended at.
Just like I predicted >theres good arguments, I swear just look them up!
Typical. Reminds me of a femenist shouting "the patriarchy is real! Just take my gender studies course so i dont have to make a real argument!"

Well what do you want to know?

But it gets tiring to try and debate people who do purposely avoid them, be it race and IQ, crime stats, cultural differences, fertility rates or the huge nation-wide female happiness decreases.

Arguments to someone who ignores them for political reasons are pointless

How is slavery ethically justifiable?

Why is the /pol/ ideology any better than the SJW one, when it's essentially the same thing with different genders, races and sexual orientations?

None of those things justify a facist slave state

>Why is the /pol/ ideology any better than the SJW one, when it's essentially the same thing with different genders, races and sexual orientations?

Explain?

Because certain people are biologically and spiritually born to be slaves. Serfdom is adequate though.

you should read socrates by way of plato and ignore everything that plato himself wrote

race and IQ and crime stats and cultural differences could

race and IQ justify a slave state, crime stats and cultural differences justify a fascist state

that is literally what aristotle thought though so idk why you're spazzing out

>race and IQ
Better public education and less culturally biased IQ tests

>crime stats
Theres a dirrect correlation between relative poverty and crime. Whats your point? The way to fix this is to have less poverty

>cultural differences
I think intergration is good, so whatever

>fertility rates
I have no idea what youre reffering to

>Theres a dirrect correlation between relative poverty and crime.

And yet the the poor whites in the Appalachia have considerably low crime rates.

>certain people are biologically and spiritually born to be slaves
Holy fuck you are dumb, like really, really dumb

So basically just "wow just wow".

Exactly what I expected.

I mean that both seem to operate on a 'such and such group is far superior' (be it a black xire disabled person or a straight white man) therefore we must further the ideology that comes with those groups. One is extreme left, and one extreme right. Neither can see any other viewpoint but their own. Both get triggered by other viewpoints.

Basically the internet politics of SJWs and the alt right are very simplistic views reduced to meme tier snippets and buzzwords so as to translate it quickly, while true understanding or reason is lost.

>Because certain people are biologically and spiritually born to be slaves. Serfdom is adequate though.
So who are these people, and how do you know? There is nothing about ethics. Your argument is basically 'it just is because I think so'

>And yet the the poor whites in the Appalachia have considerably low crime rates.
Source?

I'm not that user and I don't think owning slaves is good, but I do think there are some economic justifications. Ethical ones are thin on the ground though.

>Better public education and less culturally biased IQ tests

Education can increase IQ somewhat but it does not account for the big differences between different races.

Biased IQ tests is not a thing, unless they're only biased against one group and for some reason(other than biology) the IQ test works perfectly for other races/cultures.

>Theres a dirrect correlation between relative poverty and crime. Whats your point? The way to fix this is to have less poverty

High-crime is caused by culture and race.

Crime cause poverty, not the other way around. White/asian poor areas are virtually crime free if compared to poor black areas.

The only reason you would not see this is political reasons which i mentioned earlier. Go have a gander at a povert stricken Polish neighbourhood in Chicago and then go have a look at a poverty stricken black neighbourhood.

>cultural differences

Haven't worked for 300 years in the US. Is not working for muslim immigrants in Europe.

>fertility rates

Female empowerment and feminism have not only caused low happiness levels among the female population but also low fertility rates which spurs on immigration and effects previous points.

Therefore women being "babymaking machines" is a good thing.

>poor whites in the Appalachia have considerably low crime rates
So this is evidence that violence is racially inherited through genes? What about white areas with high crime rates and black areas with low crime rates? Youre taking an inctedibly limited sample and using it to support your own conclusion

>Female empowerment and feminism have not only caused low happiness levels
This is true, but I think it's also true of men.

We're just generally an unhappy society now. Probably because we lack some higher purpose or something and basically worship the dollar.

>What about white areas with high crime rates and black areas with low crime rates?

Such as?

I actually agree to some respect. A lot of the alt-right is just victimhood and complaining. Doesn't mean that groups don't exist and politics shouldn't be precipitated upon those groups. Politics is necessarily tribal.

I believe in social hierarchy. That manifests, both racially but also within races but also outside of race.

These people are generally of low caste and low intelligence. The ethical argument is that both slaves and society at large are better off when such an arrangement exists.

cincinnatiisadump.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/crime-is-caused-by-poverty-enter-white-appalacha/

>What about white areas with high crime rates
These don't exist.

>black areas with low crime rates
These do exist but only really in the south

Wow I'm sure loving this thread guys
Keep up the great discussion about Plato and Aristotle!