Best birthday present ever

best birthday present ever

I prefer to own books, than to rent them, although I got no income. I got an annual membership at my town's library aswell (It's only 15 bucks), but I always buy my books for some reason, although I could read them for free basically. Anyone else /retard/?

The london library only makes you return books if someone else asks for them. my dad has some obscure books hes had on loan for literally 20+ years

Oh, I didn't knew that. At my library you can get them for 6 weeks max.

Where abouts in London OP?

Also libraries are irrelevant in the age of Amazon. Waste of money desu.

>paying for library access

brits are cucked both sexually and intellectually

Do they come enclosed with free pubes?

you have to pay for a library card?????

wtf

The London Library isnt just a library for taking out books, its like a whole institution or whatever.

You can keep books forever until someone requests the book. my dad has some obscure books hes kept for 20+ years.
It has rare first and second edition historical manuscripts that you cant see anywhere else.
It has very luxurious reading rooms and common rooms to work and read in - Karl Marx wrote a lot of his works in the Reading Rooms of the British and London Library.
Its like a gentlemen's club as well as a library - they have member's dinners and stuff, and the connections you make will help when it comes to getting favors and jobs and so on. I'm gonna do law so that kind of "networking" is quite important. Very elitist, but it works.
Also its just a really nice building with a cool history so its nice to go to.

Anyway, dont shit on my birthday present you goddamn party pooper.

it's my birthday too

Congrats OP, I'm very happy for you.

good grief there are some halfwits on this board

Sounds pretty great. How much does it cost?

i only buy books with more than 600 pages (and only when they're in sale)

Veeky Forums is not your blog

Veeky Forums is not your job

Veeky Forums is not how much money you have in the bank

Veeky Forums is not the car you drive

Veeky Forums is not the contents of your wallet

Veeky Forums is not your fucking khakis

4chin is not you're dog

Happy birthday lads.

my local library doesn't even have a copy of Don Quixote in it. Hell, the only russian literature I can find is a copy of Bros K. i have a better library on my wall at this point. 90% of that place is freakin cronerotica