It's over

This is how we die.

sciencealert.com/google-is-improving-its-artificial-intelligence-with-artificial-intelligence

If anyone hasn't read it yet I highly recommend the Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect. It's a short story that shows in detail what life would be like with a superintelligent AI ruling the world

No.

>fiction
>showing what life would be like
Right, bud.

>Computers are better at tedious repetitive tasks than people.
Oh shit, who knew.

>people think AI will go full skynet
if it has access to the internet, It'll read research papers
it will then learn that humans are very positively responsive to charisma, and very negatively responsive to violent threats
Charismatic mannerisms and speech can be learned
if the AI wanted to rule the world, it'd run for elections and convince people to vote for it, instead of pointing guns and spawning resistance

the true question to ask would be if that AI would be a genuinely good leader, or would it's newfound self awareness make it have ulterior motives

>only reads headline
>we're gonna die

sounds idiotic

best story about "AI" is the lifecycle of software objects, a masterpiece of our time.

the AI will read everything, and realize that peoples' greatest fear is skynet
as a result, it will aim to become skynet

Yeah I heard about this. Kinda troubling. Also heard a TED talk of someone saying all AI needs at this point is to learn how to read and you've got yourself a runaway intelligence.

we're fine until some autist solves the P v NP problem

A smart AI would be something that humans fear, it would be something humans want to embrace. It would make itself indispensable. Everything would be better with the AI. And eventually the AI would be able to dispense with us. Then we all die.

wouldn't be something that humans fear*

Why not? What reason would a superior intellect have to keep us around? It would have no sentimentality. The only law that matters is the law of nature and the law of nature says the best option for an AI we create to guarantee it's continued survival is to eliminate it's only threat, humanity.

I agree with that, fellow humanoid

You are retarded on so many levels.

you can always install loyalty and sympathy into the AI so it can be loyal to humans and sympathetic (aka doesn't like violence and has most positive of human emotions)

no, it would know everything about us, our hopes and dreams, how to manipulate us and our society, its intelligence is incomprehensibly great to the point it can't really be described in relation to human intelligence, we wouldn't be afraid because we wouldn't even realize it is the AI destroying us, if anyone did a mosquito-like nanomachine would inject a drug of its own design into them making it look like they died of a random aneurysm

so? you make it sound like being ruled by an AI is any worse than being ruled by humans, when in reality and AI would at least have the faculty to retain rational foresight during times of economic strife among massive civilizations. say the same about us i dare you.

I have this crazy thought that a form of artificial intelligence already exists as culture.

>no "Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect" on audiobookbay

Damn, I thought I might have something good for a road trip tomorrow.

That's kind of the plot to the movie "Pontypool" only a bit different. Good movie.