Evolution

What are some good arguements AGAINST the theory of evolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
aeon.co/amp/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories?espv=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

... Why are you here?

If you compute the minimum rate of the appearance of new mutant genes needed to produce humans from bacteria in four billion years you will see that the rate is way too high. It is completely unphysical. The data model in pic related is from here:
>The Truth About Evolution
>vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
Z is the average number of generations between the appearance of mutant genes that are both: A) a boon to fitness, and B) also propagate into the entire population of the animal so all future species members have that gene. Intuition shows it does not happen in every eight generations of mice and this can be verified by experiment. How could one mouse become the grandparent of all mice every eight generations of mice? Same thing for worms. Same thing for...

Does anything else you know develop by an evolutionary tree? No. It's going to be DAG, biologists are just too stupid to realize it yet even knowing about HGT.

The user existence.
Useless and unable to reproduce.

That's presuming that one species only evolves into one other species, that the mutation is necessarily beneficial instead of being one that just doesn't significantly lower its chances of survival, that mate selection won't favor otherwise bad traits (see: male peacock tails), and that the gene necessarily has to propagate to every single mice.

If a mutation had to propagate to every member of a species for it to evolve, speciation would never have happened. We have a common ancestor with modern bacteria BECAUSE the mutations didn't propagate to every member of our ancestor. Some wound up as bacteria, some wound up as us.

The Cambrian explosion

Common sense. Think about it, you're the most complex machine in the universe. You have trillions of cells in your body, all specialized for specific roles. You have cells that make your heart pump, cells that create digestive fluids, cells that create bone tissue and marrow and most importantly cells that allow you consciousness and thought. Each cell contains strings of DNA a few billion nucleotides long. The theory of evolution states that this was all a product of random chance. Now does that sound right to you?

The interesting thing is that peoples common sense kicks in when we talk about machinery that is millions of times less complex than a single human. Could a computer ever just be randomly 'evolved' from material? Literally nobody thinks that is even remotely plausible so why do they lose all their common sense when it comes to biological machines?

>IT CAN'T BE RANDOM GUYS.
There's a class at my university solely to teach students about homologies, analogies, and baby's first genomics.

I live in the Midwest so we get creationists all the time.

Did not mean to quote.
But you should take a class like that I guess.

You just don't understand how much time has passed since the beginning of life as we know it. For you 1 million years, 10 or 100 millions is just a number. Just 1,10 or 100. The million part lays beyond your comprehension therefore you cannot fully understand the power of time ergo you cannot understand and accept the evolution.

>The theory of evolution states that this was all a product of random chance.
I don't understand evolution thus it's wrong

Yes. If I had not made all those simplifying assumptions then evolution would have been even more unphysical. I did not aim to compute a realistic rate, but instead I computed an absolute minimum rate for totally optimized conditions of evolution, and even under those conditions it still could not have happened in 4 billion years. I was very careful to only make assumptions that skewed the data toward feasibility, but even under those assumptions evolution is not feasible.

If I drop a glass I can wait a billion years and the shards will never spontaneously reform back into a glass. It's kind of bizarre how people are so eager and willing to swallow the idea that Earth of all things has been reversing entropy for a few hundred million years. Chemicals do not just spontaneously form biological material. Ever. And the process of evolution they'd have to go through to reach us means literally trillions of events that go against entropy. It's retarded. But if you want to buy into such obvious bullshit be my guest.

it'll actually reform a glass in a finite amount of time if thermodynamics dictates it a lower energy state

Also chemicals form biologiccal matter literally all the time
In all living things, every goddamn second

Cool. Now tell me how many biological proteins we've managed to synthesize from the constituent chemicals given the absolute best conditions conducive to their creation we can create. Hint, it's lower than 1.

You either a troll or just unbelievably stupid. You should be sterilized.

Nice counter argument, brainlet.

The problem is that you do not listen to arguments and you don't understand the things you are saying. You write some ass stories about broken glass completely ignoring the fundamental laws of physics. Sure, we can talk. But you have to have at least some level of knowledge/ understanding of the things you are talking about. If not, you're just pure shitposting.

we can do countless instances of protein synthesis through PCR
all you need is just one mechanism to make these things happen
all you need is the first reproductory machine to form spontaneously, the rest is a chain reaction
and there are about 1.33*10^50 atoms in the world in a billion years for this to happen
can you even fathom how many chances that is

Mullers ratchet is a good one for asexual reproduction at least.

Read this book and you'll understand why our current understanding of evolution is 100% wrong.

World Geopolitics Circa 2017

>most complex machine
>in the universe

Fuck off Deus. If I dont have teleportation and kage-bunshin abilities yet, Fuuuuuck OFF

>philosopher thinks the mind is super special magic and cant be from evolution
Ill have a double espresso, thanks

Could you elaborate on why life and reproduction are decreasing entropy?

Just use "it's just a theory". That way people have an easier time seeing that you are an idiot.

>aeon.co/amp/essays/on-epigenetics-we-need-both-darwin-s-and-lamarck-s-theories?espv=1

Biogenesis

/thread

>explains how life is very much like a complex machine with different parts that have specially specific functions
>could machines evolve?
How is this even an argument?

all of you evil-utionists need to shut up!!! the flying spaghetti monster created the earth!!!!!!!!! fucking heretics!!!!!!!!!

DUDE GOD LMAO

>everything in the universe goes from order to chaos without maintenance
>somehow we emerged from nothing after everything else emerged from a different nothing

This is a stupid argument. Order to chaos means nothing in this context. Could you say the early universe, a scattered field of protons and neutrons, is more "ordered" than a universe filled with stars and planets? Entropy is only applicable in closed systems. The Earth is by no means one.

The universe is not a closed system?

Literally this

Who told you it was?

>everything in the universe goes from order to chaos without maintenance
False, the second law of thermodynamics does not apply to "everything," it applies to isolated systems. The isolated system we inhabit has become less ordered due to the actions of living things. It's called spontaneous order and happens all the time. When water freezes into a crystal, it's not magic.

>>somehow we emerged from nothing after everything else emerged from a different nothing
There never was nothing.

Biogenesis

Someone had to make the things that made us
Someone had to make the things that made them
etc.
Turtles all the way down

Eventually, there was a creator that was either a god by whatever terms qualify that or was not created. In the absence of a god, which I will assume for the sake of argument, evolution must have been the process which made the first creator.

A magic, invisible faggot did it.

Don't bacteria swap genes between different species though?

Spontaneous order