I thought scientists were supposed to be intelligent? but what i see them doing is pretty dumb

I thought scientists were supposed to be intelligent? but what i see them doing is pretty dumb

>edit DNA cell
>wait for something to happen
>oh look something is growing
>we dont know whats growing but its a new life form

is this really what they do? they dont even know what the fuck they are giving life to they dont actually have a Plan A or a Plan B its literally throwing shit at the wall and (HOPE) something happens.

What makes you think they're just throwing shit at the wall? Why don't you become a scientist then since you're so, "smart".

Read the article you dumb nigger the scientists responsible were asked questions what the outcome would be and they did not know

>IT could be a disease
>or it could be a cure to a disease
etc

they just answered with hypothetical nonsense
clearly they dont know what the fuck they are doing and they clearly dont have an objective

>Lets just see what happens

dumb ass scientists

The point of the experience was not to create a particular life form, just to test the method of creating life.

this, OP is a brainlet

Did they create a living organism out of inanimate matter, or did they just modify an existing organism?

>this is the level of intelligence of your average trump-cuck

Back to Thanks!

Not sure if bait.

That's how a lot of science works.

>if you do experiments and tests instead of knowing everything you're dumb
The sad part is that brainlets actually think this just because they've never had to make discoveries and are just reading other people's as if it took no effort at all.

>not understanding the concept of exploratory research
Go back to mopping floors and let the big boys do the science.

>dna cell

Back to high school

But that's literally what scientific experimentation is. You change one factor, holding all other factors constant, then you observe the response, constructing theoretical and often mathematical models from the outputs as they relate to the inputs.

They just knew that there would be a response, and went on to try and discern the relationship. It's not like the specific Maxwell equations were predicted before the experiments. Before the experiment, you expect a response of the output, but you don't know what exactly. After the experiments, you hopefully have a better grasp of the output as it relates to what you're changing.

Science is all about studying what happens. Engineering is about actually using the results to create something.

>in the end engineers alwais take the blame

What could go wrong?

exactly how is this dumb? in the worst case scenario of it being a super contagious deadly disease it's still safely contained in a lab

can you send them to reddit instead
we don't want them either
the shitposting is rather unsavory

I think what he is saying is that scientists (or rather people who champion scientism, but who know nothing) like to make out that science knows everything, that it concurs all and that it always has the answers even if you don't. This simply isn't true and anyone who knows how scientists actually think, know that this isn't true.

ladies make new forms of life in their pussies every night. it's DNA is unique (probably) so its a new life form

t. dumbshit science-hating /pol/cucks

you know what else was the result of a wild experiment ("throwing shit at the wall") with an unknown result?

this thing called a transistor. it turned out to be a little bit useful. maybe you've even heard of it.

neck yourself piggot (that's a portmanteau of "pig" and "faggot" -- it means pig-faggot)

All of science is only possible because of trial and error