Do I want to work at CERN?

And if so, how do I go about it?
I'm interested in particle physics, quantum mechanics and gravity.

Do you even meet the requirements for it?

I'm starting uni this year.

Well a lot of people have a tendency to romanticise physics

You might not even like particle physics by the end of your degree

What kind of physics are you doing? theoretical, mathematical or just straight physics?

>What kind of physics are you doing? theoretical, mathematical or just straight physics?
I'm not sure yet.

I've read this post and wanted to know if you anons consider CERN worth it or just a meme.

you are a very impressionable person

That's actually pretty true, idk how to change that.

The experimental side is mostly electrical engineering. The theoretical side is much more interesting, but you rip off your chance of finding a job outside of a lab.

First off, it doesn't matter what people on Veeky Forums think. You're completely capable of doing your own research. If you are really interested about learning what its like to work at CERN then try get the opinion of people who have worked there.

DONT

CERN is in it for a global conspiracy involving time machines. It is clear that ((they)) are supporting them so they can alter the past as they wish, fixing any mistakes. This will make easier for them to take control of the present.

Cern offers reu through their site, you can apply directly with them.

Best chance though is to find a faculty in the department that already has research time there and get them to take you with.

why not infiltrate them and tear them down from the inside?

Impossible, if what I am saying is correct, we are in the timeline where CERN does indeed take control of the world.

Nothing we do in the present can stop CERN.

Only by having a time machine ourselves we could stop CERN agents in the past to stop the future that is CERN.

>to stop the future that is CERN
what's wrong with the future that is CERN?

((They)) are behind them and have taken control of everybody and everything.

Society will bend to their will and we will be reduced to mere cattle.

but how do we get a time machine?
there has to be a way to stop them

Oh man here we go again, Here we do no such thing as time travels/world domination,
Chill out.

There is a way... but only if we get our own time machine ourselves.

OP shouldn't work for CERN but he should investigate from day 1 on creating his own device, if we could assemble a group of lab members perhaps we could have a bigger chance.

Nice try ((CERN))

>chill out
how can you say that after reading his posts?

let's set things in motion
el psy congroo

He's the usual tinfoil hat who can't tell the difference between obscure time-warping popsci bubbles and absolutely harmless high energy particles experiments. We at CERN work our ass off for broading our knowledge of reality and these shitters go around discredit us.

is this bait?

Fool. You will be stopped, no matter how much dis info you spread no the net (now and in the past) somehow we will triumph.

i never realised that the whole frame of that thing
was made out of milled aluminium blocks
wew lad

Holy shit

You fucking retards, if CERN really tried to rule the world and will succeed, why not join them instead? You're giving him bad advice.

I visited them about 3 years ago, everyone was depressed at that time because the LHC was down for maintenance that year.

I think there are more interesting fields on physics today: biophysics, nanotechnology, condensed matter, theoretical...

Geneva is beautiful, btw.

probably cast and just smoothed afterwards

Just in case this isn't bait:

He's making a reference to Steins;Gate, where SERN, the successor of CERN is doing exactly that.

>The experimental side is mostly electrical engineering.

lmao, no

It's mostly statistics and programming. Experimental HEP is the OG big data field.

>First off, it doesn't matter what people on Veeky Forums think.
So what are you then?

U got b8ed

Start reading magazines and journals. See what piques your interest for real. Also read about what CERN does and whether it piquea your interest the same. Check out some industry jobs, too

I'm going to visit the CERN tomorrow with my school physics group, what is the best thing to watch ?