Fml

modelo cat iz watching you potato

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OnZOrPW8YlU
global.rakuten.com/en/store/majimaya/item/mj0099/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So allow me to straighten up muh kitchen and I'll get something poppin

Here is my lunch, was sprouts and apparently a pork chop vomiting

So I was gonna do something with the steak then I was like naw fuck that jazz French muhfuggin toast son, the crumb on this ciabata was shit for sandwiches I end up with like a tbsp of mayo in a bite

Consider the following:
That tv knife is 10 years old and could still cut a hammer in half

Measurements are insignificant just be yourself

2 at a time

first for pattiposting

HELLO friends

Requesting rare Pattis when you have the chance, OP.

Also, how long and what temp do you put your sprouts in for? I tried two batches now and they got a bit darker than I would've liked, yours look closer to what I was going for.

I am fuckin this shit up

ello m8

I like to do them in a skillet cuz I am not pleased with the oven, toss em with olive oil and salt and put em face down until they got a sear then turn the heat down some and cook em till they look right

Here is a super rare double trouble

BADA BING BADA BOOM

Was good but I need to step it up next time

Many thanks, will have to give that a try next time. Also I can't quite check em, but still excellent doubles there.

how long until the cats are fattened up enough to cook?

:)

They are all fat m8

Reheated some leftovers

butter + oil
medium-low, even heat (cast iron is ideal)

if you have a thick slice, get the color in the pan then finish in 325deg oven

t. made pain perdu once

Made carnitas last night, as promised in the last thread.

Inspired by OP's last run-in with tacos two days ago.

Prep comes first. Garlic, onion, 'penos, lime, and get your spices ready.

Coat pork in spices and get some Maillard reaction in this bitch.

Let that sit in the dutch oven in your oven at around 275F for about 4 hours.

You should be able to stick a fork in a piece, twist the fork, and the meat should just fall apart.

Strain the drippings into a saucepan, and throw some of the bits back into the meat. I shredded this just by picking at it with the tongs for a bit.

Reduce the drippings and liquid from the dutch oven with ketchup, sugar, chile powder, habenero pepper sauce, and whatever else you want to through in there. Thicken with corn starch if you don't mind cheating like me.

Hello Patti and box cat

look at that fucking cat

Any particular reason for omitting fresh cilantro other than none on hand?

Serve from bottom to top:
>corn tortillas heated in hot pan
>carnitas
>avocado dusted with salt/pepper
>spicy/sweet sauce made from the drippings
>raw red cabbage
>cilantro
>feta cheese

Fresh cilantro comes on the tacos; I find that cilantro in slow cooked meats permeates too strongly. I'd rather the meat be rich and heavy and let the fresh cilantro on top lift the flavor and give extra texture.

obligatory picture of leftovers tonight with my cat, in keeping with OP's feline antics

Agreed. Thought it was absent from the prep photo, but once again you are absolutely right.

That's a good looking plate. Please keep your feet out of the picture.

Any tips for barbacoa? Planning on doing this during the weekend.

Aw shit, Doc finally made it onto the counter.

hello from bag cat

I love these threads user, please don't stop making them.

Handsome cat.

I love when they look up at you with that stupid crosseyed look. Stupid kitty.

>Modelo Especial
>not Modelo Negra
shameful

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands op, do you have any friends you could invite over for dinner?

Ayyy what is the story on your rare and reclusive cattu? He looks very worldly and powerful. I have little doubt that he is the boss.

>just be yourself
I'm going to say this to the chefs at my job

Will try m8 thx, way scared to make eggs stuff in my cast iron

Hi:3

Looks pretty dank would eat

Lol I had her there before and people threw a titty fit

:) Thx

Was at Sam's club and their selection was weak

Lol I'm actually pretty busy, me and my friends work during the week and on weekends we get together and some times we cook or some times just do Brew tour and eat out

Lol that's Maria my bottom bitch, she's like 10 or so and keeps these hoes in line for me, she been through it with me couch surfing and what not

Lol I see salty Yelp reviews in your future

Here is a very private Do Not Share Patti

holy shit I didn't see model cat my first time

hi kitty! give'em tummy rubs for me :)

MMMM roasted an 8 lb pork shoulder

food for days

pulled pork in the freezer for weeks to come

yesssss

on par with your favorite sandwich

>yellow mustard
>swiss cheese
>dill pickles
>honey ham
>roast pork
>salami

fuck yer

Hot dangit that looks good fella

Lol giblet has not learned to appreciate the tummy rub yet but that will eventually change

So I got this steak cuz it was cheap and it's starting to turn brown so gonna do some steak nuggers

This is bait.

Just beat it

youtu.be/OnZOrPW8YlU

So was gonna make instant taters but then I was like naw son, real taters, you're worth it

OP please do pic related to patti and post.

>coated wire whisk
bleh how do you use that, I hate those things

>45 posts
>no idiots complaining about cats on the counter
This is a great day
OP you're the only reason I browse this board

If I get some cheap bread I will consider it but I don't think it's gonna go over well lol

I got it mainly to use in non stick pots like for sauces but I use them for other stuff cuz they are small, I don't really see why people dislike them these are about as stiff as normal wire whisk

Thx m8 but you know u dun goofed lol

Quartered these sprouts so I can get em extra crisp and throw some spinach in, I think I invented this pls do not correct me

please deliver

K so I shook these up in my dry mix, I'm experimenting so I'm gonna let these sit for like 20 minutes and then I'm just gonna toss em in the dry again, no more buttermilk, trying to find the right breading consistency, 2 full dredges is a bit thicker than what I'm shooting for here

HABBENING

Instant gravy so sue me

famous dave's pickles suck dick, gg with everything else though

keep posting those threads OP :)

Why is your cat on the counter holding another cat hostage?

I think they're good for sweet pickles

;^)

Lol Patti didn't even know she was there

I agree about dave's pickles, for some reason it says spicy but i can't taste it at all. My only gripe is that the relish bits are fairly large, but that's not a very big deal.

Ooo double catz edition!!

What beautiful eyes :3

Patti looks like she's bout to swing

What breed is the cat on the right?

Give me those

So cross eyed and so handsome

So curious

Come cook at my house plz

mmm that looks delicious OP. great job!

A PLUS

Are you corn beef user?

I'm hungover and will need to make food eventually. Probably gonna just make some coffee with my French press. Here's my cat.

why though? real gravy with some of the fat you cooked the meat in is stupid easy and a thousand times better.

Personally, I grew up with brown/white gravy mixes because my mother wasn't a great cook. She tried, but there was a lot of Rachael Ray-tier meals. Because of this, there's nostalgia that comes from the exact taste that you get from something like that white gravy mix on biscuits or home-fried foods.

OP's problem is that he doesn't have any drippings from the meat; the meat is being fried, so he'd have to go out of his way to make a white gravy with some other sort of meat drippings on hand.

Most of the time I do gravy from drippings is if I cook some sausage or bacon in a pan.

Pretty much this except I'm also extremely lazy sometimes I almost made instant taters too

costco hot dog & steak bomb deluxe for lunch

saving a slice of pizza & chicken bake with some wings for dinner

wings before breaded with some hooters flour stuff

I swear this stuff is nothing like the crap they have at hooters from what I remember it is like a thick kinda batter

after

prolly gonna eat these with some tobasco instead of franks to at least try and limit my sodium intake a bit

Jesus Christ, people actually eat stuff that looks like that?

this is my cube bread

the cheese looks funny cause the paper was stuck to it

you have nice cubes

How did you do this and is it delicious?

Why do you call it doc? I thought her name was Giblet. I'm not op & I mean no offense but I've noticed you do this before and I'm just curious. Is that something folks say where you are?

did you have to pull it out and flip it at some point?
Please cut it, I want to see how it cooked.

I have a 10x10cm mold with a lid (also yes that is a small cube. bought it from rakuten) yes it was delicious.

crumbshot pic related. really pleased with this attempt although I still have to figure out how keep the outside from getting too crunchy

global.rakuten.com/en/store/majimaya/item/mj0099/

It was a thread a while back where OP called her Dr. Gibbles and I found it to be absolutely adorable.

Aah. Gotcha.

;3

>that feeling when you dont live near a swamp
If i want crawfish im paying like 10$ a lb

I moved into a house

Dinner was good. Ribs, baked beans, broccoli

What about the rest of it?

you can use any fat for gravy, not only drippings. having fried meat doesn't make it that much more work; you just take most of the oil out of the pan you fried in and use a bit of it with all the crispy bits that have accumulated.

Good neighbors? Nice area?

Neighbors seem nice and the area is great. Not my forever home, but rent is cheap and my dog is happy here. Closer to my girlfriend and the mountains too.

Also gas stove, ecstatic about that.

Fuck I'm jealous. I've been thinking of renting a house myself, or at least finding a bigger apartment. I've decided that the one luxury I absolutely must have is a gas stove. Everything else is secondary. Though it would be nice to have a yard to garden in. I can't even grow basil in my apartment; the cats would destroy it.

twas good

the whole thing goes:
bread
steak
salami
capicola
grilled peppers,mushrooms, onions
provolone, american
banana peppers
black olives
lettuce
pickles