Complaining that numberphile is popsci shit

>Complaining that numberphile is popsci shit
>Not a single person on Veeky Forums will ever have a higher h-index and number of citations than one of them
scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=f-hzOcwAAAAJ&hl=en
What now? Do you admit that numberphile is the real deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTBqohhFNBE_09L0i-lf3fYXF5woAbrzJ
youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like popsci, it gives me something to talk about with brainlets.

Matt Parker is the only cool numberphile guy, the rest aren't even cool.

What, you don't think Hannah Fry and her book The Maths of Love are cool?

Can math be popsci? I thought the whole idea of popsci was that its the boiled down fragrance of scientific ideas. How do you popsci math?

You popsci math by spreading shit like this:
Fibonacci numbers: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144
1/89 = 0.0112359
1/9899 = 0.000101020305081321345590
1/998999 = 0.000001001002003005008013021034055089144
As you keep adding 9 before and after the original "89" in the denominator, the fraction will have more and more Fibonacci's numbers.
There is a theoretical fact behind this but most people who are not in math would only "wow" for the cool factor.
tl;dr you popsci math by spreading cool, surface factors to delude people thinking that Math is all of "wow".

Parker is a scrub, Tadashi Tokieda is the real deal.

Who said anything about not liking the professors who talk on Numberphile? These people are still researchers, but the program remains popsci shit.

I like numberphile, though I'm a business major. I just an interest in mathematics, and it helpa me discover new things. Fight me faggots.

>business major
get the fuck out of here

Is supposed to be fun. Is not something you would use to study.

But then again it isn't supposed to be so, only a brainlet would think of it has something else.

The videos about shitty toymath that only works in base 10 are garbage.

It would be better if they focused on becoming a shittier version of 3blue1brown. They already have a pretty good graphics guy.

But at least he'll always have the Parker square

Veeky Forums's jealous as fuck because they're popular and are having fun doing that.

At least they want to inspire kids and teenagers into math so we get a new generation of mathematicians, something Veeky Forums won't and cannot do because they're bitter as fuck.
Neat, you should be able to get into it a little and maybe use it in your field once you know it WELL m8.
Also expect lots of bullying because you're the actual 300k starting.

Tadashi rules, he actually has a full set of lectures on topology and geometry on Youtube: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTBqohhFNBE_09L0i-lf3fYXF5woAbrzJ

What about this guy?

numberphile is actually pretty good, it's popsci but they do an honest job at explaining cool math ideas in layman terms. the problem with popsci is misrepresenting highly technical ideas as magic (cf. michio kaku and quantum entanglement teleportation). Numberphile never does that; even in videos like the -1/12 one, they explain why mathematicians would come up with such a bizarre idea and the idea's logical basis.

Theres two reasons that could make you think that numberphile is popsci.
1.you watched one of their "cool number" videos and neglect everything else because you are autistic retard that likes to collect things that he hates.
2.You are a dumb monkey, that only aknowledges boring mechanical stuff in math, everything that needs thinking is in the textbooks and with enough mindless studying you'll pass every exam, but accomplish nothing in life. You are elitiat about the "harder subjects" you know about, but any smart kid is better at trigonometry than you are. You like math because its cool to like math,otherwise you have no interest at all.

I like 3b1b more, but numberphile is still a good channel about intuition of things. Anyone bad at math(thinking in general) can't understand most of their content, so it is not a popsci.

Are there facial features common in autism? This guy looks like someone I know who was diagnosed with assburgers, particularly the area between the lip and nose.

Probably got some mild autism. Most mathematicians probably do.

>Says a bunch of tricks are impossible to do
>Does em all on the first try
Fucking Tadashi man.
Look at this guy, wanting to get a high paying job after graduating, pleb.

He's just a brit is all as far as I know.

>I like 3b1b more
You mean 3 blue 1 brown? That channel about how black people are superior to white people?

>inb4 what are you talking about

Don't play dumb with me. It is 1 brown person (brown = african) teaching three blue people (blue signifies the blue eyes of white people). And the black person teaches the white people because the white people are mentally inferior.

You might aswell Bill Nye the Cuck Guy, you fucking cuck.

3b1b offers you an idea how to visualize things.
Numberphile is an entertainment channel and only talks about 'lol math u crazy' topics

>You like math because its cool to like math
>this video hurt my brain a little xD
Your average Numberphile watcher.

>This
You can't be a pure mathematician without autism

>Don't play dumb with me. It is 1 brown person (brown = african) teaching three blue people (blue signifies the blue eyes of white people). And the black person teaches the white people because the white people are mentally inferior.
This is contrived as hell and you are retarded.

lmao

>popsci
Numberphile is upper tier popsci m8. You can argue all you want but numberphile is far better than other normie popsci youtube channels. They have actual professors and not some random roastie with a degree in education or some shit.

Why do people hate numberphile? Its probably the most bearable popsci channel.
>real professors
>all work and logic clearly shown
>presentation is straightforward, not flashy at all

Obviously its just cool math tricks with few uses to the average viewer, but if it was purely academic math it would be a purely academic channel, like that guy who just does physics problems step by step on youtube. Numberphile is just a bunch of people who genuinely enjoy math trying to show other people something entertaining with it.

>Veeky Forums likes numberphile now
Appeal to aurhorities at its finest

My only real issues with numberphile is that it's undergrad shit, anything getting people more interested in mathematics is fine by me

>ODing on klein bottles

there's plenty of good pop-sci channels. if you stopped being a lmao epic redditor faggot you'd know

She's kinda hot

>When you buy a RC car with a camera on it to look at all the klein bottles you keep under your house.

>other people like what I don't like
>le appeal to authority
you must be some kind of faggot

why does everbody on this show look so god damn weird

>show

I think you mean country

>Kinda

vsauce > numberphile > 3b1b

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Veritasium

How the hell can you rank 3b1b below numberphile?

Numberphile is popsci in the sense that it is meant mainly for an audience who doesn't know much of mathematics.
BUT, it does not oversimplify and does not make retarded analogies like physics pop-sci meme people do.
It is a great channel, because it shows to plebs what math is about and makes people interested in math, especially young ones who might have never liked mathematics if it weren't for that channel.

Proofs?

3b1b is cuck shit

She's also pregnant B-)

that means she took a weewee in her vajayjay. gosh that's so hot

Your humour is stll shit even if its coated with multiple layers of sarcasm

Super hot ^_^

Pan - something ellipse
John - "
Can - "
Loo - "
Toilet - "
Lavatory - "
Water - "
W.C. - "

Do you even know what cuck means?

That's not true, you can also be on the schizophrenia spectrum.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on Veeky Forums, I did not expect that. Is it a copypasta? What the fuck lol

youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU

I think I'm in love

But now I'm wondering, is being a mathematician just a mental disorder that happens to be useful?

Watching some guy doing the fake stairs trick at the beginning of his lesson pissed me off so much.

I'd give all my money's to see lessons taught by someone who made an attempt to just come off totally normal even if it ended up being ironically funny.

>guy dresses like a total bro
>or fuck it he still dresses like a nerd
>okay so Felicia said she's dtf but it takes her 30 minutes to shave and get rid of her bf
>gotta meet somewhere halfway
>you gotta work at bdubs at 9
>it's 5 o'clock and she lives 30 minutes away
>assuming both are travelling at 45 mph and your other side chick doesn't hit you up and you're leaving now how long do you have to pound that pussy starting when and where?

I only watch it for Matt Parker calculator reviews.

I think Edward Frenkel is cute