The wow! signal

I guess most of you have heard of the wow! signal and also of the Mandela effect?

The Wow! signal: was a strong narrowband radio signal received on August 15, 1977, by Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope in the United States from outer space.

The Mandela effect: The phenomenon where it is discovered that a global, well known fact has apparently changed for a large group of people.

So ok, as a kid i was taught that our earth was at the outskirts of our milkyway in the sagittarius arm ( see picture ). And when i read about the wow! signal some years later it was said that it came from the Orion constallation.

So big was my surprise that the wow! signal is now from the sagittarius arm and our milkyway is now in the Orion spur in the middle of the milkyway galaxy...

So it seems we didnt just moved 20000 lightyears to the middle of the milkyway galaxy but we are also sending and receiving our own messages?

Are we the aliens?

And who else remembers the wow! signal from Orion or being in the sagittarius arm?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/this-day-in-history/first-meteor-shower-on-record
gizmodo.com/stunning-depictions-of-ancient-comets-that-scared-the-h-1640330614
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids
adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1958SCoA....2..131I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1490_Ch'ing-yang_event
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0146636477900019
ufoevidence.org/cases/pictures/Nuremberg1561.jpg
i.imgur.com/NmvJHxR.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go to /x/ lil nigga

we only do hard science here

sounds hot. but ok will try ^^

(((they)))

If you build it, they will come?

thats not anymore in this reality.

>mfw I just realized we're biological computers and reality is just cloud rendering
I WANT OUT

I FUCKING WANT OUT

>So it seems we didnt just moved 20000 lightyears to the middle of the milkyway galaxy but we are also sending and receiving our own messages?

>Are we the aliens?

Close.

Mandela effect has got to be the most hilarious shit that people actually believe. It's even funnier than flat earth

OP, what I would like to know is this:

Why is it that the first meteor shower that man has ever recorded is in 1799?
>history.com/this-day-in-history/first-meteor-shower-on-record

Does this not scare you OP?

218 years.

why is it that out of mankinds entire existence nobody noticed something like a FREAKING METEOR SHOWER for their entire existence of living without electricity?

Their are to possible answers user.

maybe mankind has only just started to get pelted with space debris very recently in our history

or maybe its the Mandela effect.

Maybe people knew there were cyclical meteor showers throughout most of our existence. God knows they watched the skies enough and tracked seasons and such. But the history books are changing user, now they claim its Andrew Ellicott Douglass an American so-called astronomer who watched the Leonidas storm.

You tell me whats more plausible user.

Look man, Pikachu's tail had a black tip this is a fact.

And this is a very logical post that makes me uneasy

is this a red pill or autism?

>Mandela effect
Kill yourself retard.
Sounds like you are in the wrong board.

>retard spouting psedoscience easily disproven with a quick google search

gizmodo.com/stunning-depictions-of-ancient-comets-that-scared-the-h-1640330614

>"In 1007 A.D., a wondrous comet appeared. It gave off fire and flames in every direction," in The Book of Miracles (Augsburger Wunderzeichenbuch), printed in the 16th century.

>A scene from the Bayeux Tapestry show men staring at Halley’s Comet (c1066), and is the first known picture of the comet.

The Aztecs also recorded seeing a "blood red corn of maize sparking in the sky" shortly before the arrival of the Spaniards, which was taken as an omen and a sign that contributed to the belief that Cortéz was the ancient God Quetzalcoatl.

tl;dr - KYS

this isnt about comets idiot.
user: is talking about cyclical meteor showers. the point is that why did nobody notice cyclical meteor showers until 1799

>missing the point this badly
They did, they were just not classed as meteor showers, fucktard.

The 1799 event is called the first *recorded meteor shower* because all previous observations were not recorded as *meteor showers*, but religious phenomena, omens, etc.

It is amazing I need to clarify and explain this to you because it shows there are people here that lack reading comprehension at a high school level.

What the fuck are you even doing in this board?

Literally the first result on a 5 second Google search:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids
>Some Catholics refer to the Perseids as the "tears of Saint Lawrence", suspended in the sky but returning to earth once a year on August 10, the canonical date of that saint's martyrdom in 258 AD. The saint is said to have been burnt alive on a gridiron, and this tradition is almost certainly the origin of the Mediterranean folk legend that the shooting stars are the sparks of that fire and that during the night of August 9–10 its cooled embers appear in the ground under plants, and which are known as the "coal of Saint Lawrence".

Fucking brainlet.

>google it

>Historical Records of Meteor Showers in China, Korea, and Japan
>adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1958SCoA....2..131I
>by S Imoto - 1958 - Cited by 70 - Related articles
>The records made in Japan during the period from 15 B. C. to 1600 A. D. were obtained .... ANCIENT NOVAE AND METEOR SHOWERS 133 '(ear FIGURE 2.

wew

More links:
adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1958SCoA....2..131I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1490_Ch'ing-yang_event
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0146636477900019

there were many weird things reported in the sky before though ufoevidence.org/cases/pictures/Nuremberg1561.jpg

i remember pikachu like this

i.imgur.com/NmvJHxR.jpg

>our milkyway is now in the Orion spur in the middle of the milkyway galaxy