Anyone else here with photographic memory?

I've read that photographic memory does not exists.
How do you explain the fact that I can read a book from memory?

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/233489555_Conflicting_Intuitions_May_Be_Based_On_Differing_Abilities_Evidence_from_Mental_Imaging_Research
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do you explain the fact that I can read a book from memory?

>the fact

hearsay =/= fact

My supreme memory begs to differ.

in that case how many leaves are there on hte plant shown on a dollar on the side with george washington on it , on the left of george washington between the two ones.

answer within the next 3 seconds.

exactly

no one has photographic memory

There are no flags on this board.
What makes you think I live in shartland?
I remember what I choose to.

>I remember what I choose to.

And you fill in the blanks of what you can't remember using deductive logic. There are no photographic memories.

If you have a photographic memory, contact a psychiatrist/psychologist who studies memory immediately, as you will be the first documented human with such an ability.

I'm glad not to have a photographic memory given all the shit i've seen

I wish I had photographic memory, school
would have been a dream.

>There are no photographic memories.
It depends on the resolution of the picture, moron.
Size of a picture starts from 1 bit.
Reality is so detailed that it wouldn't be physically possible to hold a perfect reproduction of every moment you have experienced.
It goes without saying that in that sense photographic memory is a myth.
If I remember text my memory is photographic enough.
Go choke up on sperm brainlet.

Photographic (or eidetic) memory exists in most infants and toddlers as a way to identify surroundings to ensure safety and quick early education.

This ability fades throughout development as your brain learns to dispose of information that is not necessary (ei, the name of a stranger you met once).

Adults who have this ability are often cognitively impaired, as their brain never developed properly, including the ability to dispose of useless information.

I had a friend who claimed to have eidetic memory, because he could recall passages from books perfectly. I tested this by asking him what color shirt I wore last Monday, he did not know.

The explanation is, his brain "thinks" books are important, not shirt color.

>I've read that photographic memory does not exists.
That's just people refusing to believe that anyone's inner world is different from their own. Even many psychologists are guilty of that.

researchgate.net/publication/233489555_Conflicting_Intuitions_May_Be_Based_On_Differing_Abilities_Evidence_from_Mental_Imaging_Research

people with the inability to forget is a very rare case that can happen to certain people.
(notable case: world record person who recite pi.)
and none of you lying fags have this condition.

I have photographic memory but it only works for Veeky Forums posts.

why are you replying to my post

oh i didn't read closely.

Too bad the image is too low rez

>notable case: world record person who recite pi
Pi is memorized using mnemonic techniques.
No record holder in competitions claims to have an eidetic memory.
You should know about Joshua Foer's book.

Nice evidence

I remember an user who claimed to have this. He said he remembered every single post he made on Veeky Forums.

From what I know such people actually have problems in generalizing knowledge and remembering people's faces, since every time they see a person they have a "new", slightly different face.

Tell us the opening phrase of Kafka's "The Process".

Mother died today.

Isn't that Camus

One day Gregor Samsa woke up transformed into a big-ass insect lmao

>Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Allahu akbar