So when will penguin publish mein kampf?

so when will penguin publish mein kampf?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-01-04/mein-kampf-becomes-best-seller-in-germany/8160024?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail
telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/11434440/Publishing-Mein-Kampf-is-the-best-way-to-undermine-Hitlers-poison.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the current world order is destroyed during the race wars.

/thread
saged

i mean cause the copyright is up they should publish it right?

To OP and all the faggot /pol/ posters who will come to this thread.

No one gives a shit about that basic book or the fact that you pretend to like it to appear edgy. It's boring, and so are you. Get over yourself and get back to class.

>It's boring
I love this meme

Meme =/= incorrect.

It's a line used by antifa faggots to discourage reading it. Which is amusing because then they tell you to read Marx who is truly "boring."

I'm not saying that the book itself is boring. Eye of the beholder and all that (though it probably is just as boring as Marx).

I'm saying the fact that you LIKE the book is boring.

Fair enough.

not a /pol/ster just curious as to why penguin wouldn't publish a book that had a huge impact on the world

More like, Meme Kampf amirite?

Preach.

Because it's offensive to insinuate that anything he did was anything but despicable, and we should not glorify any kind of idealism that literally leads to genocide. I thought that was fucking obvious.

In terms of marketing, lots of companies paid reformation from profiting off the holocaust, so I doubt it's at all plausible from a business perspective.

by that logic why do they publish communist books then as it leads to the stravation of millions?

The descriptive aspects of Marxism were interesting up top a point.... the prescriptive parts not so much.

Mein kampf is a meme

Communism pretends to care for those people. Fascism literally says they are not human and deserve death and torture. But of a difference between a flawed regime and an evil one. (Not speaking about the actual leaders beliefs here, just the public manifestos, so the speak.)

It's not my decision what gets published, user, otherwise I'd be successful by now. I just report my perspective on what I think they're doing.

Since when publishing = glorifying?

It opens the discourse for public criticism AND public praise.

We can't just ignore the past by burying it, that's how things like the holocaust are able to happen in the first place.

Sounds too much like freedom of speech to me.

Go read The Mass Psychology of Fascism then, or any of the other hundreds of books on the holocaust.

People are reading and talking about it anyway, right?

You kill millions of people, you lose your right to freedom of speech. He was a virus.

So your plan of action is to hide it in a tomb until there comes a time when a future world, oblivious and unvaccined to the virus, opens it again. And again. And again. Great stuff.

better ban the quran.

What exactly do you think is hidden, here?

Again, I'm not in control. But go for it, see what happens.

We're not taking about banning, we're talking about publishing.

Start your own publisher and see what you can afford and get away with.

Ideas, states of mind, circumstances, everything, all from the central figure nonetheless. It's not always enough to read an analysis otherwise you might not recognize the signs of a real shitstorm coming our collective way.

Free speech is more than a right guaranteed by the us constituiton. It's an ideal that should be cherished.

ITT things that didn't happen

Making money off his ideas IS a shitstorm.

Destroy the virus, not the cure. You don't HAVE to throw the baby out too, user.

>mass murders deserve rights

Go back to /pol/ you brainwashed cunt.

>Believes the greatest lie ever told
>Calls others brainwashed

wew

You belong in Jonestown.

That's a good one A+ my friendo

A comtemporary, overly touchy, no-real-tragedy sort of shitstorm, maybe.

>rights
It has nothing to do with rights, dipshit. Hitler is dead. The publishing kf his book is for interested parties to read it.

quads know whats up

huh it was already published in germany recently
abc.net.au/news/2017-01-04/mein-kampf-becomes-best-seller-in-germany/8160024?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

>Because it's offensive to insinuate that anything he did was anything but despicable

Okay, so not because reasons, but because feels.

B-B-but didn't you read ????

IT IS TOO OFFENSIVE AND BASICALLY GLORIFYING NAZIS TO MERELY PUBLISH HIS BOOK, IT INSINUATES THAT HE DID ANYTHING GOOD WHICH IS OFFENSIVE. THAT IS FUCKING OBVIOUS DUH BECAUSE IT LITERALLY LEADS TO GENOCIDE.

IN FACT, GO BACK TO /POL/ YOUR LINK IS JUST FAKE NEWS YOU ALT-RIGHT NAZI, YOU DESERVE JONESTOWN!

>lefty outrage intensifies

Right to free speech =/= Right to have your genocidal ramblings published by fucking penguin.
This should be obvious.

The book itself doesn't really contain genocidal ramblings though...

>literally fucking says WW1 would've been prevented would have been prevented if "twelve or fifteen thousand of these Hebrew corrupters of the people had been held under poison gas."

Source please.

telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/11434440/Publishing-Mein-Kampf-is-the-best-way-to-undermine-Hitlers-poison.html

Mein Kampf. Can't find a page reference.

>If Mein Kampf is presented in proper, scholarly fashion then it can be made clear that it is not a black bible – an unholy writ of immense, dark magical powers – but an important historical artifact that helps us understand what went so terribly wrong in an apparently civilised society. History understood is history conquered.

I think the article makes some decent points and I tend to agree with the decision to publish.

please stop

>would've been prevented would have been prevented

I think you should take a breather mate. It obviously contains genocidal parts, but I think it is a bit too far to say they are mere (genocidal) ramblings as in incoherent digressions.

The text is boring but he thinks he has soundly identified the root causes of WW1 and suggests a direct way it could be prevented. If he was right, then it becomes a moral conundrum of sacrificing 15k people to save sooo many more. I obviously think he is wrong in his analysis, but the text has such importance insight into that period of time, into one of the most darkly influential figures in human history, and into German thought.

It really is an important text that I certainly don't believe ignored or not published. I don't follow your line of reasoning that publishing equates to glorifying.

Mein Kampf barely had any impact. By law every german household was obliged to own a copy, but almost no one actually read it.