Paris Accord about to be BTFO

Trump is about to shock the world with an announcement tomorrow in about 15 hours. In it he will declare America in or out of Paris Climate deal.

Climate change is obvious BS and it's going to be great to see scientists eating shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZACfGmZqio
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=17m45s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection_(climate_engineering)
thecrimson.com/article/2017/4/17/solar-geoengineering-program-launch/
rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/372/2031/20140134.short
jamespowell.org/
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/20/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-jill-harth-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Before someone tears into this bait, what is significant in the Paris accord?
From what I understand it shifts the burden from the biggest polluters and projected polluters (China and India) and onto Europe and the US who have been decreasing emissions.

Kys

Not only this, but it's an agreement. It literally means fucking nothing in terms of commitment to dealing with agw.

Yeah it's self set. China doesn't have to do anything before 2030 for example. It's basically a self-cuck pledge that only Europe and USA will follow.

If followed it will reduce temperature by 0.05 celsius.

It's basically worthless. You could give the 5 billion to technological innovation and get more of a return than this global deal does.

Russia's agreement increases their carbon

An analogy

Scientifically speaking this changes nothing. If the most extremist views are imagined. We can imagine the paris climate accord as launching off a cliff at 45 mph instead of at 47 mph.

>(a) Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels

Hahaha! Nigga it's already too late, I hope this planet burns, fuck humanity, you were given stewardship of God's creation and you fucked it up all for muh economy. Your avarice will come back to haunt you on the final day.

It's a hilarious agreement. Some countries "agreed" to only do things differently after 2030. Which means they can literally just leave the agreement in 2030 and cuck everyone else in it.

It's not even a formal agreement. It's basically a "framework" agreement for offsets/carbon trading market shenanigans and foreign aid bribes.

It's a way for a handful of people in the carbon market to get rich and does sweet fuck all to stop climate change.

The general consensus is we passed the point of no return a few decades ago and essentially all we should be doing now is pouring money into future proofed methods of harvesting food and water, and preparing our countries for both the flood of water and flood of wars caused by collapsing countries that run out of resources.

Tinkering around with carbon offsets and making a handful of people rich technically drives incentives to manufacture said future proof technology but if I were Trump I'd tell everybody to fuck off too and put that money into innovation not hand it to 3rd world shitholes.

leftists are literally insane

>Climate change is obvious BS

sigh

yeah the worst part is the "gifts" that EU and USA give to 3rd world as part of it. That is just irresponsible use of taxpayer money and why globalists should all be executed for thievery.

>muh children
>muh butthurt feelings
kys shlomo

There won't be a world left to have that innovation if climate change isn't stopped.

>a few decades ago

Fuck off. A few decades ago it wasn't even a problem. But we're pumping so much shit into the atmosphere that it is a big one now.

We are all going to be killed by climate change and Trump will be the one who did it. I can't accept this. He needs to be impeached right fucking now.

As in global cooling deal ?

He won't leave the Paris agreement.

It actually is rather important and if /pol/fags had 2 brain cells they'd realize it's politically good for the right that it exists. It basically gives them excuse to say "Look, we have the Paris agreement, we will try to keep the warming below 1.5 degrees - you can shut up about global warming now, just shut up about it." But I suppose that would be admitting the reality that the warming is real and a problem that we have to deal with, which leads to real conversations instead of - "It's not real guys, here Stefan Molyneux explains why". Plus it's an international agreement, muh globalism.

Aside from that, the US will not leave the agreement, because people around Trump realize it's actually important to keep warming below 1.5. This is why he hasn't left it until now despite his embarrassing tweets about it.

Great example for China and Africa to follow. Good job. Religionwashed rednecks should be proud of themselves.

Scratch that.
He's already effectively pulled from it.

Impeach him. I don't know what to say.

eat cyanide you spastic fuck

Dude, that's a well known myth. Stop pretending that it was actually a thing, please.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZACfGmZqio

Nah, he won't leave. I'm sure Trump will announce America's reinvigorated leadership role in enforcing the Paris deal.

That's what's going to happen, logically speaking. This is a stunt with Trump's tweet - he makes people think US will leave agreement only a few days later to prove all the skeptics WRONG.

MAGA

It's that we're approaching a tipping point somewhere between 1.5C and 2C, an analogue of fire escaping the fireplace will happen.
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=17m45s

...and who are responsible for most of the CO2 that is already in the atmosphere.

EVEN disregarding that the US and EU-27 emissions are both higher than India's.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

>b-but altruistic naive good hearted white people are victims again, cucking again to the brown menace
Yeah nah

Giant pointless international agreements designed to surrender our sovereignty & destroy our economies

How about no thanks

NATIONALISM, NOT GLOBALISM thanks

Global warming isn't even real

You don't have to troll.
There's plenty of people who think like that.

This isn't a game or a joke.

We're all going to die someone impeach drumpf fast before its too late.

We will suffer consequences, yes.

You better hope he doesn't actually withdraw making you the absolute retard who fell for the worst clown of a president in US history.

The US would only benefit from increased temperatures at higher latitudes

Something has to kill off all the third worlders, might as well be "global warming"

Liberals are too stupid and low IQ. They can't actually get into reading scientific papers. They just rely on misleading media articles which make up results and abuse "meta studies" results.

Unfortunately liberals are just too stupid to do proper research and don't really understand the definition and requirements of science. Science is a methodology and they treat it as a "set of facts" and act like every scientist can't be wrong or bias.

Sadly. The Low IQ monkey libtards don't even research things like the usage of precursor sulfur dioxide gases to create global dimming.

I feel sorry for libtards and their broken little shit brains. Hopefully libtards will stop hiding behind fake science.

The science falls apart upon simple examinations. Not in the carbon phase though. But rather in the solutions search space.

The usage of "only solution space" being reduction is false. The solution space includes any geoengineering techniques and any adaption techniques. The solution space is so wide on the subject that choosing "reduction in carbon emissions" is almost certainly wrong. For one, reduction in carbon emissions has almost no effect on climate change, which is something even the fear mongers admit. So basically everything revolving around climate change is moronic retards who refuse to look at the full range of solutions and are pushing for a solution that does nothing or has minimal effect.

Think of it like this.
- Your house is on fire
- Let's remove some objects that will feed the fire
- house burns down still

This is the current climate perspective in terms of

- Carbon in atmosphere increased
- lets slow down this increase
- carbon in atmosphere still increased

Show one bit of science that shows that carbon reduction will do anything to solve the problem. It absolutely has no scientific or logical basis to doing so. Rather the focus should be on geoengineering, technological advancements, and adaptations.

Why?

In the most optimistic carbon reduction scenarios you get like 0.05 degrees difference in 50 years from expected. It's meaningless and definitely within the error bounds

TLDR: Libtards are low IQ.

Learn more:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection_(climate_engineering)

This doesn't take into account the poo pollution coming out of India

Climate engineering will end in years. There is no way we could forsee all the consequences of such activity.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions
due to certain forms of human activity

It's pointless. That one disclaimer makes it entirely meaningless. Not to mention measurement criteria etc and bias/cooked numbers.

To even post this as a source you should also post the exact criteria and what they include or don't include.

Sounds like you just debunked climate science in general then. If you can't predict the results of geo-engineering in general how can you predict the results of carbon emissions?

by that you mean californians texans floridians southern europeans

the reason the 1.5-2 degree was chosen is because after that greenland melts irrevirsibly and we get 5 meters increase in
extreme whether will affect your favorite higher latitudes too

not to mention the geoengineering clusterfuck which will happen if the warming is uncontrollable
dumbass who decides how much geoengineering we do
in theory india can freeze your ass next year

I've mentioned before the current leaders are so low IQ that they are worried about global warming instead of arriving at global consensus for what climate earth should have. So you aren't really bringing anything new to the table, try again.

SULFUR AEROSOLS DISAPPEAR IN TWO WEEKS - THEY ARE NOT A LONG TERM SOLUTION
CARBON STAYS THERE FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS

propping down the temperature using them continuously for decades has unknown consequences

it's dangerous to mess with the climate if you don't know what you are doing - this you should have learnt from us shitting up the climate with CO2 in the last 150 years

BUT if say India is facing starvation or revolution or war or whatever, they will be forced to do it - it's conceivable that they will be forced to do it and this is not a safe thing to do since it will affect the entire world within weeks.

It is much safer to just reduce CO2 emissions and keep the climate as is, than to hope aerosols work for ages and ages just for something to go wrong in the end.
Living in a world where we constantly have to shoot aerosols to prevent us from heating up again is a retarded idea. EVEN if we decide to use aerosols CO2 emissions need to be cut.

thecrimson.com/article/2017/4/17/solar-geoengineering-program-launch/

From what you posted:
>Harvard scientists have launched the largest-ever research program into “solar geoengineering,” a controversial technique involving the injection of aerosols into the stratosphere with the goal of cooling the planet and reversing climate change.

>Launched this weekend, Harvard’s Solar Geoengineering Research Program will investigate the safety of geoengineering as well as its environmental and political implications. Scientists specifically look into a technique of injecting specific particles into Earth’s upper atmosphere to create a barrier that reflects more sunlight away from the atmosphere.

Exactly. It needs to be researched.
None of this means we shouldn't cut CO2 emissions.

Why should we cut CO2?

Ameriblobs will literally eat shit for shekels.

This
Mathematican here

Climate "science" is finally getting BFTO
No more shitty graphs
No more fudging the math to make the model work

B
T
F
O

because it doesn't disappear from the atmosphere until thousands of years from now
because aerosol is being researched and not fully understood
because ocean acidification will not stop
because we can't conceivably be expected to pump aerosols forever
because keeping the warming below 2 degrees is not as expensive as it seems

>"What if it's all not true and we create a better word for nothing"

>11 years old
>thought that picture was real and cried like a babby

>mfw Baron is a confirmed brainlet

>to create global dimming.
what will that do to crop gains

>people make shit "agreement" for you to sign
>see it is just shit
>refuse to sign it and ask for something good
>"bad guy!!!"

I bet he'll end up signing it though.

It's an unratified virtue signaling treaty. We are already out of it as a practical matter. It requires approval of two thirds of the Senate. Obama never bothered with that as he could count on the media to declare it law of the land for the purpose of making his constituents happy. Who seem easily duped. Plus he was never going to get the votes in the senate. He would also have had the spectacle of members of his own party voting against it as they want to get re-elected.

>virtue signaling
using that phrase is virtue signaling

Sulfate aerosols are an OK solution, but with current emissions you'd have to block 8% of sunlight for over 800 years.

>How dare I have to consider others! This will show them!

LMAO

Tell us more, where does this chart come from I see IPCC models there but what has it to do with aerosols

>"(a) Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change

The point of the agreement is to keep it below a dangerous threshold.

There are other benefits that come with CO2 mitigation, like cleaner air and water, which is something you don't get with aerosol injection.

rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/372/2031/20140134.short

Do you actually believe this? Have you looked at the record of earth's climate and CO2 levels?

This is rent-seeking bullshit plain and simple. Big businesses want a carbon tax so they can worry less about upstart companies coming up underneath them. Solar still isn't close to worthwhile and companies go out of business left and right but still we're supposed to subsidize them with tax dollars (lefties like "trickle down environmentalism" I guess).

Climate change was real before humans existed and is real now but the acceptance of this fact does not compel us to subsidize solar panel production.

In short, I 100% agree with you and I hate people.

>dangerous threshold
kek

Trump is a fat fuck. Back to pol.

Sage

>Sulfate aerosols are an OK solution
kek. Take a trip to China and try to breathe.

.t brainlet that doesn't know all the different things that can be done to completely fucking negate all climate change
Geoengineering master race

>Be son of the largest target for assassination in the world
>see realistic picture of father's severed head
>panic and think it's real
>have the same emotional response any child would to the belief that their parent is dead
this isn't rocket surgery you edgy shit, an 11 year old is not going to think these things through logically right as they happen

??
SRM is pumping aerosols into the upper atmosphere, not the lowest atmosphere.

>because keeping the warming below 2 degrees is not as expensive as it seems
Actually, it's a lot more expensive than it seems, with the so-called green strategies.

With nuclear, it probably would be surprisingly cheap - cost comparable to coal.

I'm watching Rand Paul on CNN right now spouting the exact same retarded denier memes that get shitposted here by /pol/ every day. Truly America has reached peak stupidity.

can't wait to see Macron cry and piss himself, but on the downside I have to see another barrage of "FUCK TRUMP" posts on facebook for a couple weeks again when the media blows it up

>we scientists should be free to science without interference from plebs and government stooges
later
>we scientists have scientifically determined that we have to interfere with all of you or you're stupid also send more tax money

WTF is Drumpf doing?! The world is on a collision course with extinction. Developed countries must be taxed more to insure the worlds at least has a chance. All the scientists agree with this. IMPEACH

>all these believercucks
so much can be done to fix the problem, if there is an actual problem, that doesn't involve taxing whites into poverty and putting them on a life ration system

APOLOGIZE

no no we're supposed to wait until Trump makes the announcement, didn't you hear the boss this morning?

So Nicaragua, Syria and the U.S are the only ones out of this agreement.

China will grab this by the balls, there's tens of millions of jobs in the renewable energy sector and they're going out of the U.S to places like India and other major polluting countries.

The renewable energy sector is growing 12 times faster than the rest of the U.S economy.

Is all this just for the Coal industry or Trump's political base?

fascinating! could you define "the renewable energy sector" you referred to and cite the data that you derived that "x12 growth" claim from? I'm sure you're not a shill who was hoping to get away with pulling arbitrary buzzwords out of your ass but I just wanted to make sure

>finite time blow ups for Navier Stokes an open problem
>THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED REEEE

What do they mean by this?

>keep warming below 1.5.
>increasing global population
good luck teaching nogs to operate windmills

It's not just Trump, its the entire republican party responsible for this.

I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to destroy the republican party.
I fucking swear, i won't rest until i see their complete destruction.

Btw, this study is the source of pic related:
jamespowell.org/

TRUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The agreement itself is based on self setting pledges, so the climate part of the agreement is rather arbitrary and really no big deal. Fighting that part of the agreement is political grandstanding and nothing more.

The bigger deal is the position the agreement gives America on the world political stage and the implications for leaving the accord. The climate agreement was basically structured for the US. Being part of the agreement puts the US in the drivers seat for global climate policy, which gives the US significant influence over all countries involved. Leaving the accord is giving that up in exchange for basically nothing. Leaving the accord also sends a strong message that previous agreements mean nothing to Trump and that the rest of the world cannot trust previous agreements made with the US. This distrust will extend to future agreements. If the US loses trust, other countries - particularly powerful countries - will be less inclined to work with the US diplomatically, which reduces global influence of the US.

tl;dr staying in the accord is no big deal and has minimal effect, while pulling out of it does significant hard to the United States' position globally. Nonetheless, Trump will choose to pull out because he cares more about rhetoric and image.

>I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to destroy the republican party.
Good luck trying to put these guys back in charge

The deal was always "The US will begin engaging in economic self-harm now in exchange for a promise that other nations will totally engage in economic self-harm a decade from now"

>muh deep time graph

Mark the point on the x axis where human civilization first came about

One irrelevant DNC member saying something stupid

VS

Republicans leading the world towards a catastrophic event

Wew, a very hard choice

>One irrelevant

Literally the ONLY bad quote of Bernie Sanders.

Should i really start giving you bad Trump quotes? i can write a book of retarded shit Trump said

>sued for sexually Assautlting Jill Harth
??

It's a case from the 90's
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/20/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-jill-harth-interview

Trump paid her to drop the lawsuit

The economic costs of the agreement have been totally overblown by people lobbying against it. The climate standards are arbitrary and will have minimal economic impact. Hell, the actual effect of the agreement on carbon heavy industries is so minimal that Exxon Mobil favors staying with the agreement.

>science shows thing
>"but I know better"
People are just amazing.

>1972
>Literally decades ago

Have something from last year:
Trump mocking a repoter with disability:
youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA

And don't say trump didn't mock him for his appearance, he clearly said "You have to see him"

Tell me how that impeachment trial goes sweetie ;)

Trump in fact should be impeached for violation of the emolument clause and obstruction of justice

Bill Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice 2 (it was one of two charges which lead to his impeachment)

science showed a single fact
carbon reduction isn't part of that science

Bill Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice.

Trump committed obstruction of justice.

Why the law should work differently for Trump?

>humans just can't live at 22C

lol

Because Trump's not getting impeached? I mean why wasn't Obama impeached for unilaterally overthrowing Libya?