Interconnectivity of the fields of STEM:

What does Veeky Forums make of this?

They are interconnected in many more ways than your image suggests.

Statistical Mechanics is not always classical.

These connections don't really make sense

Pick one?

True.

When thermodynamics is more related to astrophysics than mechanical engineering,

Wtf even is this photo

Also no civil engineering

Why is CS related to psychology/EE? It should be pretty firmly with mathematics. HCI is such a tiny subfield in CS...

>civil engineering

I believe this, sociology is truly an amalgamation of all other sciences and is thus the most powerful science in the universe

I don't think simple/common styles of imagery allow for a true representation of interconnectivity. You need a coherent system that catalogues connections.

It looks like it was made by some pop-scientist

>flavors and subfields of physics together with whole separate sciences
autism

STEM student: So what are you learning in kindergarten?
Kid: Shapes and colors.
STEM student: Wow good luck getting a job with that.

Simple harmonic oscillator, ideal gas, two-level systems and Ising model, entropy, random walk models for force-extension curves, charges in solution, newtonian fluid models, rate equation models of chemical kinetics all apply to Biology

Biophysics and Biochem are fun

Why is Astrophysics not connected to GR?

i think that is a terrible graph, obviously made by a physicist
with the advent of systems theory, all science is the same thing pandisciplinary research is now the only interesting research
the graph should look akin to this one

>Phaggot phield of physics gets a dozen different boxes
>Chemistry gets just one

I dunno, my dude. Diversity activism is kind of predicated on knowing shapes (i.e., weight) and colors (i.e., race). There's money to be had in grievance.

You can rederive all of classical mechanics from statistical mechanics and the latter is more fundamental so maybe they should go the other way? The reason they normally flow that way is mainly historical.

idiotic graph

chemistry --> evolution --> biology

lol what kind of bait is this ?

have you ever googled one of these words or tried to understand what they mean ?

I guess you don't know what computer science is

Some might even go as far as to put it in the question mark on top. Because everything that requires equations is basically a subset of computer science.