Is it a meme?

Is it a meme?

It is what it is.

it's literally just hundreds of videos on factoring polynomials

Yes. www.khanacademy.org is a meme.

Created by the Pajeet Poo-in-Loo Salman Khan

Although this pajeet has MIT BSc in ECE & Math, MIT MSc in ECE & Harvard MBA.

Meme learning website.

Too watered down.

But his Calculus Classes still better than Brainlet Tier Calculus Books like Stewart.

>But his Calculus Classes still better than Brainlet Tier Calculus Books like Stewart.
Brainlet here learning calc this summer
Is this true, is Stewart THAT bad or are you just memeing?

He's meming. Stewart is far from rigorous in comparison to the likes of Apostol and Spivak but it a very decent book for learning the computation needed to apply calculus to things like engineering courses. The Autists here get their panties in a bunch over muh rigor but it honestly is one of the best books you can get for cheap (buy the older editions) without venturing into real analysis territory. Khan academy on the other hand is neither rigorous nor good for learning the computation.

Khan is a bad teacher and the videos are too long.
That said, I think It's good when you have six grade tier knowledge of math, and need a bit of help starting.
The quizzes are the best part of the site, much better than shit like Aleks. But they should be harder, or have two options: easy quizzes, hard quizzes, for every subject.
I love Sal, saved me from studying political studies.

I studied for Calc II (after a year and a half away from Calc I) using kahn. I can vouch that it's good for review, at the very least.

it's not a meme. it's great for review

It has a lot of good videos on it, he clearly puts thought and succeds on saying what is needed to understand the concepts, and shows meaningful computations of the stuff.

That guy literally tries to open quality education to the public and US cucks meme him, as they are fine owning a lifetime of debt for attending a

Any place that lets you practice problems is good

One of the best way to get into maths, and that's what it's meant to be.

That site is the reason I have a 4.0 after finishing my calculus series. I expect to rely heavily on it for diff eq and linear algebra as well.

Use it to learn the concepts- the stuff you missed in lecture. Then use your textbook to practice with more difficult problems.

Videos and lectures are good for an explanation and introduction to a topic.

They are absolutely horrible for studying.

Nothing beats a nice black on white, made with TeX textbook for studying.

i think it can only bring good to students.

some teachers (well maybe alot you can say) have archaic way of delivering information. and none of them are experts either, unlike in khan

>none of them are experts either, unlike in khan
>unlike in khan
>unlike

The single biggest criticism he got was that he wasn't an expert or even had basic teacher training

my bad. i thought its like lynda. they usually have experts on these type of sites

It is too handwavy.
Good for engineers I guess.

I like it

It's fine. I use it to review basic math subjects I didn't quite learn when I was a kid. It's pretty cool to learn it all again with a different, adult perspective.

The programming classes are the best introduction to the subject I know. Where else can you instantly start programming with graphics? It's unprecedented really.

To be fair the website's brought in pedagogy professionals in order to improve it's videos and articles.

The videos can't really be improved without great cost since they'd have to record everything again. However, there's a lot of written articles there that are easy to read and understand

currently using it to prep for the NAPT.
(mostly trig, physics, algebra, chem, and little calculus)
Previously I have only taken up to algebra and failed stats in school.

I use it as an introduction to whatever it is I want to study. It is topic and introductory, you should learn from many sources and take many different approaches

Multivariable calc is awesome, other stuff is meh.

I think something like Engineering Mathematics 7th edition by Stroud, a pen and a notebook would be more pleasant.

I think Khan Academy is more like a complement.

It's pretty nice, but I personally prefer just reading through a textbook.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

MIT opencourseware better

kek

>get 5 multi-step problems that can take a few minutes each correct in a row!
>make a typo or forget a sign on the 5th one
>have to start over
I like it when it's going good but spending half an hour on one subject after I've shown an understanding of it if I ever want to practice it later really makes me get tired of it after a while.

fucking this. jesus fucking christ they need to factor time into the exercises. longer exercises should only require 2 or 3 correct answers in a row instead of 5 or 6 or whatever.