10 little niggers

10 little niggers
>Oh no that's offensive
10 little Indians
>Oh fuck, we did it again
And then there were none

Does Veeky Forums support the idea that literature should fall under automatic artistic protection and that renaming shouldn't take place unless there is a significant content change?

Fun fact: TF1 in France just realised a three part series on the book called "10 little niggers" (Dix Petits Nègres) however none of the characters ever said the word "nigger".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0AupRWyC0
youtube.com/watch?v=aoXDe8HxHBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't really care in this case because it's pretty irrelevant to the plot.

>implying a book whose plot focuses on ten little niggers could be bad in any way, shape, or form and that it should be renamed because the title is relevant to the story

What did you fellas catch by the toe when you were eeny meeny miny moing in the playground?

They probably changed it because they actually wanted to sell copies

>renaming shouldn't take place
Ever
One of the few things that gets my garters in a tangle are when people get upset that Twain had a character named Nigger Jim.
His name was fucking Nigger Jim. You can't go special ediotioning works like that, just because people's attitudes change.
>Ten Little Niggers is fucking class-A title, in this or any age.

Imagine some classic book taught in schools referred to whites as cumskins. Would you want your children reading that?

Fuck off to /pol/ please.

im redpilled, I want more titles with that sort of language.

Ulysses should be called nigger kikes

NIGGERS

>One of the few things that gets my garters in a tangle are when people get upset that Twain had a character named Nigger Jim.
I like the version where Jim's a robot.

>Ten Little Niggers is fucking class-A title, in this or any age.
You realize that it was renamed when it was published in America, a month after the original release, right?

Hilarious.

Thing is, as a white man, the epithets of other cultures and races seem rather toothless, especially in light of the last four hundred years.

>referred to whites as cumskins
Please show me one book where has happened?
And if it die, I would have zero problem with it.
>yfw I have never been to /pol/
>yfw keeping the word Nigger taboo from mainstream society is actually helping to maintain it's power, and therefore perpetuating it's capacity to make someone some kind of way.

>You realize that it was renamed when it was published in America, a month after the original release, right?
That's fine. I still respect the author's intent to call it by the original title, and not what some SJW marketers thought would sell more books.

>pshh lol I'm a white man I don't care ahaha
>wtf these blacks beat up a white in Chicago!!! Hate crime!!!

No one cares, you stupid faggot. Fuck off back to tumblr.

>dude mean words are just like assault
Holy shit kill yourself you dumb nigger.

the insecurity ITT betrays the fact that you care, cumskin

THIS SO MUCH.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0AupRWyC0
youtube.com/watch?v=aoXDe8HxHBA

>torture is good LMAO please upvote
grow up m8

>>wtf these blacks beat up a white in Chicago!!! Hate crime!!!
Sir, please do not infer upon me so hard. I find the very idea of "hate crime" morally and legally repellant. By arbitrarily defining the circumstances of a crime to favor or persecute one group over another, you are automatically reinforcing ideas of inequality and more crucially victimhood and protectionism into a society.
Are you European or something?
Also, your .png is is too high of a resolution to be that crudely rendered and unfunny.

I'm sure that if Christie had a problem with the renaming, it wouldn't have been renamed. You're literally getting personally offended on behalf of someone else.

I'm really not offended. I just think it is funny to imaging dear sweet Agatha, fresh from her final at her mechanical type writer, wrapped in a shawl and sipping her Earl Grey, was like "Ten Little Niggers. Perfect. Send it to print!"

You're projecting your own feelings onto other anonymous users, shitskin.

>the people who acknowledge racism are the real racists

Semi-related, but does anyone know if the deluxe edition of huckleberry finn shown in pic related uses jim's original name or changes it to just "jim"?

>agatha
I like racist white women. It turns me on desu. Especially when you make them cum and they hate it. That is my fetish

A tiger, though I believe it was originally nigger

It was always just "Jim." The idea that it was originally "Nigger Jim" is just some sort of a rumor/meme.

Nice cover, btw

>these weak Hillary memes

Are these really the best a $1.3b campaign could have done? They're so dull and uninspired, much like the rest of her campaign.

I wouldn't want my children to grow up sheltered and turn into pathetic sjws, so yes, I would want them to read the original text.

It's about making the left live up to its own moral standards. I doubt anyone cares that much, it's just useful to make a big deal out of it because it makes negro apologists look hypocritical and stupid.

>automatic artistic protection
*Automatic protection of free speech
ftfy
And yes this should extend to any individual, short of situations where it directly invalidates other inalienable rights (can't yell fire in a crowded room, no bomb threats or invasion of private property); nor should this protection be extended to non-individual entities, i.e. Corporate entities, Religious institutions reaching beyond the protection of freedom of religion (bomb threats again)

If that book had a significant historical or literary meaning, sure. Even without there's no reason for it to be censored, though I'd question its applicability in lower education.
Hilarious too that you had to try and push a nonsense imaginary insult because you knew nobody would be offended by a term like "cracker" or "whitey"

Stay mad that nobody cares about your feefees

This, it still works as 'ten little soldier boys'

Artistic intent is a meme anyway

>inability to understand the core concept of what he said
If a white man kills a black man because he hates black people, and cites this as the reason, but I kill a black man because I wanted his wallet, the results of both crimes are the same. There is no tangible use of punishing the reason for the intent. To do so implies that to feel a certain way about a racial group (in this case) is punishable on top of the punishment for the crime itself. Given this, why is no punishment given to those whose harbour these intents yet do not act on them? Obviously, the logic behind the inclusion of "hate" in the punishable aspects of a crime, when taken to its extreme, implies the mere intent is punishable, which in turn implies the necessity of literal thought police.

i think i should be able to write whatever the fuck i want

you suck your faggot dad's nigger cock while take a shit inside of indian kids starving to death that eat your shit like it was chocolate

>Does Veeky Forums support the idea that literature should fall under automatic artistic protection and that renaming shouldn't take place unless there is a significant content change?
1. Veeky Forums is not one person, stop forming your questions like this it is annoying.
2. I think renaming should only take place when the author (or someone who has been given authority by the author, obviously) wants to rename it. Artistic freedom and all that. Doesn't mean anyone will publish your book though.

but people who form questions that way are also not one person

I never said that they were

>niggers should be allowed to be as violent as they want
>prosecuting them for being violent savages is racist
Kill yourself you nigger-loving cuck

>posting CTR's Hillary memes when she already got brutally BTFO by Trump
Pathetic.

>10 little niggers thread
Hey, I've been meaning to ask: is there any piracy of the original version? I started reading And Then There Were None, but I got irked by the obvious censorship and dropped it...