August 21

Who's excited? I'm excited. Most Burgerlanders on this site will not have been alive the last tine one of these rolled through.

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2017-august-21
xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I took the day off from work. Figure I can drive down from Gencon in Indy.

Got a hotel booked in St. Joseph, MO. Gonna be dope.

My university is in the total eclipse zone and it is the first day of classes. It will be rad

My university called the day off.
Going hiking with a friend in southern Illinois to see it. Bringing some alcohol.

>really want to go
>tfw need to drive from texas
>tfw have no friends

I'm pretty stoked for it. I took the day off, and it passes right through where I live.

Yet again, no one could plan their trip if it wasn't for some funded scientists to figure out when solar eclipses happen. As long as everyone has a personal use for it, no one complains. But as soon as some scientific research has no immediate effect, everyone starts complaining about how research is useless.
Some great irony right there.

Too poor to travel out of NY

Will be there.

So OKC, OK is not going to see this?

Everyone in the US will see it pretty clearly. It just won't be a perfect, full eclipse if you're not near that path shown on the map.

If you wanna go up to Nebraska with me and save $, I'm down.

Thanks, but not really keen to roadtrip that far. Maybe the farthest I would be willing to go is Miami.

dude Miami is further away from OKC than Nebraska. Just say you don't want to go, no need to lie

oh lmao, nevermind

I'm not sure how worth that trip will be because area around NW OK, Joplin MO, etc, while it will be in a higher coverage area, it's still not total. What will the difference be like?
timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2017-august-21

here's another

And I used ffmpeg to convert this to webm for you guys.

Some /out/ists including myself are going to be in Grand Teton NP in Wyoming if you want to drive up. Just take US 287 all the way north.

the difference between 100% coverage and 90% coverage is HUGE.
a 90% partial eclipse would not even be noticed by the population, unless you happen to know about it.

if you do travel, please choose a location with 100% coverage.

>a 90% partial eclipse would not even be noticed by the population, unless you happen to know about it.
normies

lets make a map of where anons will be

Yo i need people to go with me, I don't want to drive by myself for 15 hours.

They aren't wrong, though.

Can someone explain the lines? I live in Kansas City which is touched by the bottom purple line. Should I take a trip to st joe or will I still be able to see it?

you want to be in the blue, which is the path of totality.

xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html

Thanks m8. Hit up my family and we are scouting out good hiking spots up north. Hopefully it won't be cloudy

driving up from tampa. my first one

In the whole-country maps, you need to be in the purple band. The blue line is the center line, maximum duration. The purple line represents where totality lasts just an instant. Beyond purple is only a partial eclipse. The closer you can get to the center, the longer the duration of totality.

If you can get a view from up high of a valley (especially to the west), you will be able to see the shadow approach along the ground. This is an especially awe-inspiring sight.

>Inb4 it's cloudy and you don't see shit.

I live outside of Philly whats my best bet to see it nearby without cloudcover . Kentucky/TN or the south carolina ?

>tfw living in Columbia

im tempted to. im in college station, you could swing by and get me.

don't forget the condoms

Be ready

Piss off.

>most Burgolanders give not a shit
FTFY

Should someone launch a "eclipse are made up lies by corrupt so called scientists" movement?
Just claim that it's not dark, and you can have light with electricity anyway so it doesn't count, and that your opinion is as valid as anyone else.

>alcohol
>not weed and lsd

BOI

GRIFFITH!!!!!!

rolla?

Dude - save the alcohol for afterwards. Do not be drunk during the eclipse. Alcohol affects vision and memory - neither of which you want diminished during this event.

Dat's pretty cool!

>not alcohol and lsd

do you even euphoria?

kek

What I'm waiting for, from Yurop, is Trump's tweets and WH report.
Will he claim the global eclipse is a scam by Macron against Murica, or will he deny its existence entirely? Will he claim he did the bestest eclipse in America while Obongo couldn't even get a partial one?

I'm from Philly, play to take a road trip to someplace on the line to see it. Maybe someplace in Idaho/Wyoming