What are you literary regrets?

What are you literary regrets?

ever visiting this board

Wasting my time on female "authors"

once read a women author

->

Reading Virginia Woolf.

spending a good amount of time reading books by the same author.

some authors were subpar and some were great, but i wish that i focused more on reading a variety of works from different time periods or at least in a progressive way that "started with greeks".

overall, i wish my reading was either more purposeful and focused or more haphazard to give me more broad of an understanding of lit, but its ok. im doing that now in a way, focusing on classic novels/plays/poems.

Autism at its best desu.

I have no regrets famalam.

reading Don Delillo

being born

Not having watched Jordan Peterson before the trans-bonanza so I could brag about having followed him before all the alt right kids

sinking so much time into My Struggle before realizing that life is too short

Reading women authors
Playing vidoegames when I was 12
Not getting rid of friends earlier to pursue literary ambitions

having a 300 wpm reading speed

dam..

Based Gibson reaction image.

Reading Kafka's novels because none of them were actually completed.

Go to bed, Emil.

Reading up on literary deconstructionism
now I can't shake the feeling that I look at everything in the the wrong way. I'm just too dumb to analyse text this way

not getting to speak with Terry Pratchett befor he died.

Waste time on Asimov books.

loool is that a picture of Christopher moltisanti

life is about looking cool to people on the internet and trying to be as pretentious as possible :)

Seal of approval of Emil Cioran

Veeky Forums introduced me to literature so I don't regret coming here but I do regret that I keep coming back.
This board gets shittier by the day and I only browse out of habit anymore.

>This board gets shittier by the day and I only browse out of habit anymore.

This.

Fucka youse

Going through a phase of buying history books.

Just ain't my cup o tea. Never gunna touch those tomes.

yup

This. I just dropped White Noise. Is this what Americans consider good?=

Reading the entire Wheel of Time. God damn what a slogfest, 14 books of shitcunt characters, only the worldbuilding was worth a damn.

Reading William Gass

Niggas, you dumb.

Live life to the fullest.

Only the Castle was incomplete, you memester.

>confirmed for not reading his novels

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Amerika was uncompleted
>The Trial was pieced together posthumously

Fuck off, you fucking idiot.

Just because the plot did resolve, it doesn't mean the novel is incomplete.

I literary regret ever discovering Veeky Forums

idiot

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Please never share this stupid opinion in an academic setting. You will be laughed at.

Fucking idiot.

>confirmed casuals
>babbys think they know more about Kafka than me

Wanna know how I know you haven't read his novels before?

Yes. 350,000,000 people all have the same taste as one other person who came from the same place.

I haven't read a single page in the last 4 days

I miss reading fiction.

reading harry potter and the philosopher's stone and then watching the movie. Seriously episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

failing my exam on the literary case of falling arms

reading neil gayman and douglas adams

The alt right pol retards have ruined this board.

>le /pol/ boogyman

its literally the exact opposite
a few /leftypol/ fags couldnt stand the fact that Veeky Forums had organically turned religious and more or less right wing so they started shitting up every thread with /pol/ strawmen.

/r9k/ crossboarders used to be a legit problem but now its the same as above, just /leftypol/ spamming 'on women' so that people will get sick of le misogyny

kys nigger adams is fun

That I didn't start writing sooner.

That I didn't read the Bible sooner.

i don't think hes fun, but nonetheless hes a terrible writer

I purchased Infinite Jest

how much shekels did you pay?

btw, you should give it a try, i really liked it Veeky Forums memes aside

Not being able to read history and nonfiction. Feels pretty pleb.

It's genre fiction, what did you expect, you autist?

20 leaf dollars

kys nig

Not being able to admit that i really don't know shit about literature.

>Huck Finn
>shit tier

Uh bud, please stop baiting. It's bad for my blood pressure.