Geometry text for adults

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a geometry book for an adult self-learner?

I got up to Calculus in high school, but never took any math courses after that but I would like to begin studying math again on my own, just for fun and self-improvement.

All the books I've found are either too basic and obviously meant for high school age kids, or start out a little too advanced.

I started with pic related, but it was a little over my head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgNH3xrhtdg
amazon.com/Complex-Geometry-Mathematical-Association-Textbooks/dp/0883855100/
amazon.com/Geometry-Euclid-Beyond-Undergraduate-Mathematics/dp/0387986502
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_paper_folding
courses.csail.mit.edu/6.849/fall10/lectures/
courses.csail.mit.edu/6.849/fall10/lectures/L20_images.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are lots of different types of geometry textbooks and you're going to have to be more specific as to what you mean.

Assuming you're talking about an introductory book to the topic, there is a great book called Foundations of Geometry by Venema. That book teaches geometry from an axiomatic approach and spends time talking about models of axioms as well as covering a bit of non-euclidean and incidence geometry. The book begins from basic principles so no background is needed.

>All the books I've found are either too basic and obviously meant for high school age kids

Titles? This is relevant for my needs

youtube.com/watch?v=OgNH3xrhtdg

Kahn Academy
Youtube

I know, you want to pretend that you're "serious" about learning by using a real textbook, but you're only making it harder on yourself for no reason.

>Foundations of Geometry by Venema.
this looks perfect, thanks

Geometry Revisited (Coxeter & Greitzer)

>Geometry text for adults
With naked hoes?

>Does anybody have any good recommendations for a geometry book for an adult self-learner?
>I got up to Calculus in high school

Go to the sticky there are textbook recommendations there.

>I got up to Calculus in high school

Learn Linear Algebra first as all of modern geometry is built on it.
>Matrices and Transformations (Dover Books) by Pettofrezzo (short but geometrical)
>Matrices and Linear Transformations (Dover Books) by Cullen (more thorougher)

Then you should be able to read "Geometry" by Brannan, Esplen, and Gray

amazon.com/Complex-Geometry-Mathematical-Association-Textbooks/dp/0883855100/

>amazon.com/Complex-Geometry-Mathematical-Association-Textbooks/dp/0883855100/
He didn't ask a book about Origami.

this is the right answer. if you liked calculus, master linear algebra, then learn some multivariable calculus (should be easy if you know your LA) and move onto differential geometry

The sort of geometry you're talking about is actually a fairly narrow subset of what geometry can mean in the context of modern mathematics. You wouldn't for example use such techniques to deal with finite geometry (say when constructing finite geometries in the context of geometric group theory over finite groups).

Don't be silly, origami actually forms an axiomatic system that allows one to do a sort of constructive geometry analogous to straightedge and compass geometry. I actually have a math book on that shit and it is legit as fuck.

amazon.com/Geometry-Euclid-Beyond-Undergraduate-Mathematics/dp/0387986502

>I actually have a math book on that shit and it is legit as fuck.
Does that make you laid somehow.
I don't see that working.
You better do some lifting, skinny manlet.

>You better do some lifting, skinny manlet.
Fuck you!, You don't know me!

General info:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_paper_folding

A cool course on the topic:
courses.csail.mit.edu/6.849/fall10/lectures/
If you don't think this shit is tighter than your mom's asshole then get the fuck out of my face.
courses.csail.mit.edu/6.849/fall10/lectures/L20_images.pdf

Fuck, I uploaded the wrong picture.

Geometry by Edwin Moise is an axiomatic treatment of euclidean geometry for people without knowledge of calculus or higher math. The Art Of Problem Solving has a geometry book that is for ambitious newcomers to the subject. The former book focuses more on rigor while the latter focuses on solving moderately difficult problems.

You could also look at Euclidean Geometry from an Advanced Perspective by Moise, which assumes knowledge of calculus.

having calculus and analytic geometry knowledge do I master linear algebra with books you recommended (studying 1st Pettofrezzo then Cullen)? ty in advance