/rkg/ Rupi Kaur General

dear Veeky Forums,

In two previous threads, anons expressed their disdain for the genuinely awful "poetry" in Rupi Kaur's bestselling poetry collection called "Milk and Honey".

Those threads can be found here:
For those of you unaware, Rupi Kaur is a contemporary Canadian feminist poet, writer and spoken word artist based in Toronto. She is popularly known as an Instapoet for the traction she gains online on her poems on Instagram. It's generally accepted that her work is barely poetry at all and that she is actively de-legitimatizing an entire art form. Her book "Milk and Honey" has sold over 500,000 copies and is a bestseller. Her poetry is being hailed as an achievement, despite the fact that it is completely devoid of any artistic integrity, effort, or craft. Anyone could produce and market the sort of work that she does.

To prove that ANYONE CAN DO IT, a few Veeky Forums anons have created a twitter of an "intersectional feminist, African queen, and poet" and are posting Rupi Kaur-esque poems in a google doc. The user in charge of the twitter pulls from the google doc poems that perfectly toe the line between ironic for us and convincing for them, the plebs who actually love Kaur's poems. The assignment for Veeky Forums is to write more content for us and participate by spreading the twitter through retweets, follows, and likes.

The google doc can be found here: docs.google.com/document/d/1xryu0eX2TcLTafLcWo25wdNaUQ2zY_BMSGvEDvLZ4Ks/edit

The twitter can be found here:
twitter.com/abony_williams

I will post some examples for the lulz in the meantime. This will be a recurring thread, since we hope to actually gain traction and once-and-for-all prove that literally anyone can write this garbage convincingly.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

wow I've always felt this!

People need to start following her/retweeting her shit. Also the profile photo looks somewhat sus. If the only photo on the twitter profile is an over-polished professional looking picture, people are going to assume it's a fake profile.

Just told my gf about rupi shitcur and she said that when we move together we should plaster a wall with it.
I do think i love her.

It really doesn't seem that convincing in general. It's not a bad idea but this kind of thing is harder to sell than you'd think if you're doing it on a continual basis rather than a one shot deal and talking about it here was already a mistake since googling "her" name will likely trace back here.

my condolences

>see this
>google "abony williams" out of curiosity
>4th result down is the national criminal database
>mfw

Literal pottery

top kek

Could we stop this? Various anons have pointed out just how futile and boring this attempt at a literature heist really is. It's just a cover-up for /pol/ raiding the board anyways.

We are surprisingly gaining followers, you can't stop it now. Also, live a little, jesus.

If you don't like these threads just don't reply to them senpai

yeah these followers are all from /pol/ threads on the same subject talking about how red-pilled Veeky Forums has become etc etc

>implying anyone on /pol/ is posting about this
>implying nobody's gonna check the catalog
you're full of shit m8

forced memes are forced

Out of interest, do you not feel you could be doing something more productive, even channelling this allergic hate to whoever this person is into motivation to succeed with your own, honest, actual writing aspirations?

Oh and this

Not OP, but I like the meme. I've never written anything worthwhile, not even a shitty kaur poem.

Yeah, compare these militant last SIX threads on these once funny now stale Kaur satires to the latest, effortless outcropping of SpareMeSomeOats (a minor meme, and not entirely original, but how quickly it spreads, compared to this 'movement' which has the resonance and annoyance of a child encountering echoes for the first time

>twitter.com/abony_williams
I was in the discord for a while and I'm sorry but this is not subtle or clever at all. There were a few people in there who wanted to take a serious stab at this, which I believe is easily possible, but the end result has come out extremely sketchy. Rupi Kaur fans are dumb but I'm not sure they'd fall for this.

If your whole stance is that "ANYONE CAN DO IT" then you need to actually be able to pull it off in the first place or you've fell at the first hurdle. I've pushed through bouts of constipation that were less forced than this.

That google doc needs more japes and jokes. I liked the original idea of starting out "normal" and then become increasingly insane.

Don't forget "But Stalin, sir!"

that's what they seem to be doing

Surprise surprise the twitter account replicates all the failings of the poems themselves. Whoever is trying to organise this has absolute no understanding of intersectional culture, that account doesn't read as convincing at all

Enlighten us, friend.

Do it yourself, find any intersection POC activist on twitter and read their tweets. You'll see clearly that this account is not convincing. A start would not be using some random stock photo as the profile pic

>whoever is trying to organize this has absolute no understanding of intersectional culture

implying "intersectional culture" is worthy of understanding

>Called out for producing a poor parody of an author
>H-h-h-ha! Th-the jokes on you, I-I wasn't really trying anyway!

niggers and jews
bad news

supremacy - rupi kaur

>/pol/ boogeyman
go back to retarddit

Rupi doesn't represent intersectional culture well either. That's the point. We're mocking her, not actual leftists.

good thread

Rupi Kaur here. Please stop defacing my poetry. It's very hurtful to mI'm a NIGGER

i'm just a hole
in the ground
empty with
or without
your seed

Low effort shitposting vs actual art