Not trolling, genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm
skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature-intermediate.htm
youtu.be/0CnR8sJ61iQ
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!Z1RXlrpe4E/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Science doesn't prove anything.

its a trend where summers get longer and animals migrate to different places. best way to measure it is by looking at sea level or ice

we can't prove its man made because it would require extremely complex simulation that will factor in so many different things, it would take probably hundreds of years to build that model

Climate change is real.

Man-made climate change is not.

We do not affect the temperature of the planet in any meaningful way.

We have absolutely ZERO evidence that climate change is man-made. We have correlation going in both directions, but no actual EVIDENCE.

People who push this agenda usually are shilling some sort of product/have a vested interest in you reducing your carbon footprint, but if you will notice, the same people preaching this shit show, also have the biggest carbon footprints.

If you can show me one piece of actual evidence that can show that man is responsible for the within MARGIN OF ERROR slight increase in climate, i'll send you $50 on paypal.

If you can even show me evidence that the temperatures recorded are accurate and empirical, i'll throw you a tenner.

>protip, you can't.

These people get a fancy degree, write a hypothesis, and then do an experiment that just furthers their own conclusion. They refuse to look at any other variable because they don't care to do actual science, they just want to shill their products onto the consumers.

i think sustainable energy is far more important than global warming at the moment.

we won't have consumable fuels forever, so why not make the change now

If CO2 doesn't affect the Earth's temperature, then please explain why Venus is so hot

Closer to the sun.
CO2 is not the responsible greenhouse gas.
Rise in temperature PRECEDES CO2 rises.

If I fart and let an astronomer look at it with a telescope, will he be able to tell me the exact gas composition?

If not, then why do you believe he can accurately assume an entire planets atmospheric properties.

You know the greenhouse effect is a thing right? And we've known about it for almost two centuries?

Okay, cool.
Show me one study where a rise in CO2 directly affects a rise in temperature.
Just spouting off bullshit off the top of your head isn't helpful.

Now show me the study where the rise of CO2 levels is irrefutably manmade.

Not possible.

so, tell me if i get it right, but co2 raise or global warming is one of the smaller problems, if we look at the destruction of nature like the great barrier reef, the plastic in the ocean, the overfishing, the general pollution (actual dumping of trash in nature, not just gas), the overuse of fossil fuels without looking for alternatives, the overuse of phosphorus, which will definitly cause big troubles once its gone, the rapid death of species(loss of biodiversity).....

so after all, fuck co2, this is just a distraction from the real problems/ the bigger picture, isnt it?

You do realize that greater concentration of Co2 in the oceans will cause the barrier reef to dissolve quicker?

isnt it total hypocrisy to make a big deal out of this climate shit, while ignoring all the other (maybe even bigger) problems

ofc its all related, but if the ocean will colapse because of the trash in it and the reckles overfishing, the reef will be gone anyway???

its all a problem. You can't really ignore any part of it.

skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm

but arent we ignoring most of the picture, by focussing this hard on co2; when was the last time you read about the killing of the rain forest for palm oil plantations or that stuff....

/thread

Totally. I only really care about the facts being right or wrong. How the governments/population use the information is up to them

I live in one of the most poluted cities
I can take a bus and be in a full blown jungle in a hour
Nature can take good care of itself, we will kill ouselves before killing her

the earth is getting warmer because of greenhouse gas emissions

ok then, fuck the population, its time for a technocrat government^^

i really hope so too, if not so, we will luckily not be alive to witness it;

A decent read but still suffers the same fate as all the studies.

A quote from your link

"It is thus extremely likely (>95% probability) that the greenhouse gas induced warming since the mid-twentieth century was larger than the observed rise in global average temperatures, and extremely likely that anthropogenic forcings were by far the dominant cause of warming. The natural forcing contribution since 1950 is near zero."

No conclusive empirical evidence.

biodiversity loss though
sure were not going to wipe out every last organism on earth, but we're changing the environment too rapidly for many species/ecosystems to cope
it's bad for us considering all the things we need from nature

yep, thats my fear too, a complete ecological collapse could easily set back evolution right to the age where the highest living creatures are microorganisms

You can never get it to 100% There are always going to be uncertainty in the figures in all measurements in science.

Survival of the fittest
Why do humans think they are above nature

You can't set back evolution, brainlet
Have you ever seen a cladogram before

if we can ensure the survival of our species I would recommend it
climate isn't threat to the survival of homo sapiens anyway, it's just a threat to civilization and the modern world

climate change****

Billions anx billions of species have come and vone
It is their faith, the immense rat, pigeon, roach population will give us a brand new fauna in a couple of million years
It is just nature and she is a cruel mother, yes it is sad but pandas are irrelevant and they are long overdue in this world

Nope.

skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature-intermediate.htm

>Overall, about 90% of the global warming occurs after the CO2 increase.

The globe is getting warmer

These dubs are all the proof you need

This
It would also decrease our reliance on dictatorships that want to kill us

>Closer to the sun

Is this some high level meta trolling? Do you know how hot Venus is? Why is night on Venus so hot?

Renewables are never going to satisfy our energy needs. Nuclear and fusion is the only viable solution.

>Quotes evidence
>Claims there are none

What did he mean by this?

If I fart and let an astronomer look at it with a telescope, will he be able to tell me the exact gas composition?
Why would identifying CO2 with spectroscopy or such not work?

because it's flat. duh

Venus is hotter than Mercury bro lol

Who cares nothing you can do to stop it.

This is incorrect.
We can reduce CO2 emissions.

because heat does not travel through vacuum.

>Thinking the incentive to lie about climate change is stronger then the incentive fir big oil companies to fund fake science to obfuscate the narrative on climate change.

Either you're a big oil shill or an idiot.

>... and is why the Sun provides no warmth to the Earth.

It's settled.

hey is anyone else suddenly really cold?

It's not about nature. Ofc life will pull through. Its about us.

Dumbasses like you can't even read the evidence

I may as well try to explain evolution to someone who believes the planet is 6,000 years old or electromagnetism to Insane Clown Posse

He said STOP, it is you who is incorrect.

ok... here it goes

sometimes it gets colder
sometimetimes it gets warmer

global warming proved by ice age cycles
and city thermal factor

>Veeky Forums says biology is easy
>don't know shit about climate change
uhhh really makes you think

>1860
>takes the temperature in a rual area full of trees, grass and humidity
>2016
>takes the temperature in the same area, now it is a city without trees, surprised it is hotter
HMMMMMMMMM
REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK

Youre a real fucking idiot you know that

Nigga we are heading to AN ICE AGE, shut the FUCK up, also 100 years in the planet's time isn't even half of the blink of an eye

It's on these grounds that I don't see why us exiting out of the Paris Climate treaty is such a huge deal. Private research and development and green energy is not going to slow down as a result, and I questioned the treaty's effectiveness to curb our emissions anyways.

There shouldn't be room for confusion, it's such a simple concept. There's shit in the ground from when the earth's atmosphere was different, and we're returning that old atmosphere through combusting said shit.
Trees take the air around them and turn it into more tree. We cut down the tree and burn it, releasing the material back into the air that the tree took.

We're drastically changing the make up of the planet through upsetting the normal balance because we're releasing all the stores of underground material into the air that was trapped there millions of years, and on a huge global scale.

The disconnect in the minds of deniers seems to me to be that they don't understand the significance of the industrial revolution. The last century has changed the planet in literally every way, such as it's never before seen.

And yet we've warmed the planet by a degree, changed the pH of the ocean, increased CO2 by 40% and so forth.

huh really gets the noggin joggin wtf

>we
have you ever heard of the world humility

Global warming isn't real,
climate change is real.

>have you ever heard of the world humility
Like, global abjectivity? Actually, no.

This is the go to strategy for idiot conservatives. Dismiss all evidence because it isn't absolute proof. They want facts to mean nothing.

We ripped a huge hole in the ozone decades ago it's not like it's ridiculous that we can change the climate by a couple degrees.

Pic related, superior way of life. No obesety, no whoring, nuclear families, fearful towards god and the law. Maybe allow for electricity and medication.

Too bad I'm a city rat and could probably not adapt...

We're in an ice age, moron.

And why the duck would you care about the"planet's time? How about human's time?

Wow you people are idiotic.

youtu.be/0CnR8sJ61iQ

Proof

I sincerely believe these people deny MAN MADE global warming purely because they dont like someone disagreeing with them.

I seriously think this is the long term fate of humanity. After Oil runs, rare earths, easily exploited minerals ect. run out.

Small rural towns utilizing limited electricity from renewable sources and taking advantage of low tech medical science.

I don't give a shit about humans

Or MAYBE they went on CAMP, to find EVIDENCE, by THEMSELVES instead of watching a crappy ass youtube video or a post on Veeky Forums

you fucking moron

fpbp

>I don't give a shit about humans
>dey took muh coal jobs

I didn't even say anything racist
But now I will say, go study geology, nigger

nuclear and fusion are renewables, moron

Oh really? OH REALLY NIGGA?

ignore spam posts

No u

>t. /pol/tard angry for being caught

97% of scientists agree. I can't prove to you that it is real, but if you're willing to discredit academia when it suits you then have at it.

Fuck off, you fraudulent "scientists" bent on nothing but making America poor.

>discredit academia
So you agree with everything that scientists say, just because they are what you refer to as "academia"? Oh, please. Appealing to authority is still bias, no matter whether that authority is a scientist or not.

t. greenpeace popsci niggers

>never been on camp once on his miserable lifetime
>SAVE NATURE GUISE MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL I SWEAR

I'm pretty sure "appeal to authority" as a fallacy was made up just so dunning-krugerites could feel better about themselves. There's nothing wrong with appealing to authority when something is very complex.

Appeal to authority is when you use someone's opinion that has no authority on that subject. It would be like agreeing with mathematician's opinion on philosophy just because he has a PhD. When you listen to your doctor's advice on how to treat a cold you are not appealing to authority you mouthbreather.

>/pol/ isn't killing /sc-

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!Z1RXlrpe4E/

>actually doesn't understand what an appeal to authority is

I agree nuclear energy is the future right?

There is. In physics, it would be absurd that one makes a claim and it couldn't be prooven by others. Quantum effects may seem to be really exotic stuff that only best professors in the planet can comprehend. But one can make a diffraction pattern by simply guiding a pen laser light through a hair comb.

I wouldnt want to see the white race disappear either. I think its a distinct possibility and allowing it to happen would be a huge mistake with unforeseeable consequences. But i still cant help hating the 'trash' variety of our race. Maybe there would be fewer of them if there were fewer of us. Just look at jews. Theyre doing great.

I think more accurately put, Appeal to Authority isn't necessarily a logical fallacy.

If you say "I believe scientists because they probably know their shit", it's not an invalid argument. We have this whole sector of higher learning and jobs where people apply complex methods to solve problems that the universe is not obligated to make digestible for laypeople. If we want to pretend Scientists are bullshit artists, we're going into crazyland.

If you say "This guy is correct because he is a scientist" then it's a problem. If "This guy" has contributed peer reviewed papers that hold up under scrutiny, however, then we're getting somewhere.

You absolutely need to be able to prove things in the field, but that isn't on the person who cites a scientist. That's for peer review.

It's an inductive claim.

Solar panels are the future

All we have to do is to breed less. Less people = less waste of all resources.

Fuck off, oil shill.

Why is the barrier reef dying a bad thing in general? Is it like the ice caps melting and releasing more CO2 or just proof of a symptom of changes in the ocean?

Basically is the death of the Great Barrier Reef going to directly make a significant change or is it a symptom of a significant change? I'm just asking because I always seen it brought up but never see why it's inherently bad.

It is the kinder garden for huge fish populations which then live their adult life in the Pacific. Fish populations will dwindle.

Even if you don't given a damn about the environment, the Great Barrier Reef makes a pretty good canary.

Considering that CO2 buildup got to where it is today on the emissions of basically only a few hundred million people, simply having fewer children isn't going to solve the issue. There are billions of people already here. Even if no one were to have any more children at all, it would take decades for the population to come down to under a billion.