Self awareness test

Prove to me you are self aware, using logic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can not

You have not proven yourself to be self-aware, so I would be wasting my time proving myself, since you would not be able to understand it anyways.

Self awareness is a spectrum

Where are blacks on the spectrum?

on the athletic end

Nowhere because black people are antisymmetric.
It depends on the individuals mind.

Let user be a retarded faggot

I mean statistical average

Statistical averages don't have minds

I am a prediction machine optimizing for self well-being
I make predictions about the future
In order to make predictions about the future I model the present
In order to make accurate predictions about the future my model of the present must be accurate
I am a part of the present, and will be a part of the future
In order to create in accurate model of the present I model myself
In order to accurately predict the future, I model myself in future situations
This is the core of self awareness, the modeling of ones own behavior. It becomes sort of like a fractal too, as you model your own behavior, including your modeling of yourself etc)

I model my own behavior, I am self aware.

Sorry kid, my ego boundaries are too wide to talk about myself

Because I can spend hours deciding on what hentai to fap to

So a self-driving car is self aware just because it predicts a crash and avoids it?

Try again mate

This has made me reconsider whether I am self aware or not

I am pondering my self awareness. Doesn't that prove I am self aware, since I understand what it means to be self aware?

I can't.

I am think because are I, yes

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.

boobs

i have abnormally small hands but despite that fact i can still play guitar fairly well

I laugh at my existence whenever I can.

1. You are self-aware.

2. I am a very complex and nontrivial yet very similar entity.

3. Thus I am self-aware, too.

solipsism is extremely improbable

I know that I am self-aware and don't need the validation of others to prove it.

Good enough explanation I guess but something being "improbable" isn't a proof

>So a self-driving car is self aware
Yes, it is.

I can hear my own echo.

I think, therefore I'm gay. QED and checkmate.

This
And this
Self-awareness is as simple as an individual's ability to close their eyes and balance on one foot and touch their nose with their left hand (Propriception). High levels of self-awareness implies consciousness which is easily the most debatable term in philosophy.

>"Western children first show signs of mirror self-recognition (MSR) from 18 to 24 months of
age, the benchmark index of emerging self-concept. Such signs include self-oriented behaviors
while looking at the mirror to touch or remove a mark surreptitiously placed on the child’s
face. The authors attempted to replicate this finding across cultures using a simplified version
of the classic “mark test.” In Experiment 1, Kenyan children, 18 to 72 months old)
display a pronounced absence of spontaneous self-oriented behaviors toward the mark"
Not very high acording to this study.

yesterday, i thought lying down on the floor
and i did it
thus i am self aware

i think therefore i am.

Bump

No

people call me a autist
i know im an autist
proof

I am now breathing manually

Self awareness is literally a key feature in navigating. Especially when avoiding obstacles. Can't know where to go unless it knows where it is. Can't know how far to move/when to stop unless it knows how big it is. Can't function unless it has awareness of self.

Close your eyes and try to touch your nose. Can't do that unless you are self aware

Define self aware

Having consciousness and the ability to understand other conscious beings can exist and observe you

By that definition, you can prove to yourself that you're self aware, but I can't prove to you that I myself am self aware. I could be a machine accepting inputs and giving out perfect outputs to simulate self awareness. But I mean, If the observer can't notice the difference, there effectively isn't one.

>If the observer can't notice the difference, there effectively isn't one.
There isn't one.
Period.
Once you make a computer who understands abstraction and the concept of being, and can chat with it about it, you are both conscious, self-aware beings.
The smartest great ape who can handle sign language has never asked human a question on its own, because its interests end with the satisfaction of its basic needs.

Once we go past that, you will have to go full metaphysical to draw any kind of distinction between a person and a program.

Haha no yeah, I said "effectively" because by the literal definition of difference, there is a difference between simulated awareness and awareness, simply because I called them two "different" things. But yeah I originally meant to express what you're saying—language is an imperfect method of communication. And I'm lazy and value efficiency over clarity. (is there a better word for clarity in this case?)

But what if the computer is just parroting responses it finds by looking for records of similar questions? If it's just copying and pasting something someone else said in the exact same situation, is it really self-aware?

Who needs self-awareness when you can have JESUS AWARENESS.

>just parroting responses it finds by looking for records of similar questions?
AND WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW?

So is a program that looks up posts that contain the most similar characters and responds with the post that responded to them a self-aware being? If not, what provides the difference?

So is a program that looks up posts that contain the most similar characters and responds with the post that responded to them a self-aware being?

self-aware is "aware of its own existence", not "being able to formulate convincing replies"

Also there is nothing bad or unnatural about parroting, you've been doing that shit ever since you were born and nobody is putting you down for it.
Being socially awkward literally means not having enough past experience to form a proper response in a given situation. Similarly computer can't have a fruitful conversation with you, unless it has extensive database of past conversations with other people, understands abstracts and meaning of most words it says (not even all people fulfill the last two, we call them simpletons, but they are still conscious self-aware beings, allegedly)

But how can you prove its NOT self aware if the parrot replies are extremely convincing?

I would rely on converstaion there, a monologue would be a much better gauge for that.

Fuck, I wouldn't rely on conversation, not would.

Make me faggot

You can't "prove" self-awareness, user. The best you can do is believe that someone has it.

I've written out and deleted seven responses to this thread, if self-doubt enough to be considered self-aware?

I think

Nope, not by a long shot.

You sir, made me laugh

3 words, just 3 words : "Cogito Ergo Sum"

I am you

COGITO ERGO SUM !

If humans are sentient, and I am a human, then I am sentient.

If the definition of sentience is self--awareness, then I am self-aware.

i can provide food, shelter..

Easy if you aren't a brainlet

Theorem 1: Schrodinger's Cat, we have the existence of a cat that is both dead and alive
see: Vsauce and Bill Nye

Corollary 1: We have a true contradiction (Theorem 1: cat is both dead and alive)

Theorem 2: Principle of explosion is correct (from a contradiction, everything holds), proof: see Corollary 1 for a true contradiction
see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion

Corollary 2: Hence, I am self aware, by the principle of explosion.

QED

Maybe the mark blended in better on the black babies

My religion dictates that it's so. Checkmate.

Cause I can see it through the mirror of Internet and it stares back at me at twice the distanc and half the brightness

>in denial over evolutionary differences in brain function

Most self aware
Kazynski saw the truth and black people been seeing it

While ypipo were engineering, blapipo were doing theoretical woke shit

i am a brainlet.

Are dead humans sentient?

We may be the same species but what if my consciousness is some rare mutation? What if i'm the only one with genuine self awareness?

Je pense donc je suis

Or sleepy humans to make it a bit less drastic

This by no mean is any proof, I just enjoy thinking occasionally!

I consider that being self aware is having the ability to set a perimeter of individuality while understanding that you are (a part) of a fluent everything! In other words we are all one source and yet able to focus, zoom in (individualize)!

Self awareness can be the ability to explore within oneself, to explore those that are exploring within themselves as well as occasionally explore the whole system!

It is not egoistical to look within of you, your parameters of individuality and form perspectives so long as you glance at everything once in a while!..

To explore, learn, to be right and wrong, to be!

I am creative.

A human is a biological machine tempered by millions of years of evolutionary processes to seek the best outcome for the proliferation of the species.

Despite this, I routinely make a choice to pursue the unproductive path and generally waste my time in the face of millions of years of evolutionary pressure to better myself and generate offspring.

My laziness and self destructiveness are testament to my agency and self awareness.

I just nailed my dick to the countertop

I am therefore I am.

Evolution is not "survival of the fittest" it's "survival of the good enough"

You are able to eat drink sleep and fuck so that's good enough

When I touch my dick, my arsehole blinks, therefore I can conclude that I can feel my penis and my hole. If I have a hole and a penis, then I must be someone. When I look into the mirror, I see my dragon dildo on my hand, therefore I am the one in the reflection.

Define thinking.

1+1=2

You know they have acompletely different culture user. Also not touching the mark doesn't mean they aren't aware if it. Gorillas move away from the mirror and check the part that may have the mark or not. Other animals don't care

Does anybody else sometimes feel lonely and/or creeped out when they think about how everything in the universe is made up of the same types of things and that all of the forces in the universe act on everything in the same way and how this has certain implications. Like if there's nothing special about living things then the distinction between living and non-living is just arbitrary. Complexity is just an illusion. Either everything in the universe is alive or everything is dead.

I understand but I don't care that much to feel lonely

I can't, hence I already have.

I have a red apple made of matter and a blue apple made of anti-matter.