I have read the books The Great Gatsby and The Sun Also Rises...

I have read the books The Great Gatsby and The Sun Also Rises, now I must write a compare and contrast essay for school about the books. Anybody who've read said novels have any suggestions on what I could relate the two with? Love is a major theme in both but I'm having trouble coming up with a thesis.

Haven't read but bump for interest. Only thing I can say is that maybe you should read from some of the great essayist of all time especially on that theme.

both were read by an OP who is gay

You're either extremely lazy or putting out weird bait.

Anyway, certain obvious commonalities:
Disenchantment with the American Dream
Imagination of potential options being better than their actual fruition
Men fighting over women leading to drama
Strength of male male relationships, especially over female male ones

Brett is a Tramp

What can we gather from both books?

Jews are always right and robert cohn was the true hero of the sun also rises.

Great Gatsby = inauthentic potency
Sun Also Rises = authentic impotence

write about how shitty they both are

I- I don't even know where to begin with this... Cohn was a douche...

>Cohn was a douche

for good reason.
His friends were wasting their talents and lives sitting at cafe shops drinking from morning till night and didnt want to pursue anything other than hedonistic pleasures meanwhile he had to witness the girl of his dreams play out the role of a whore . He didn't want any of it and fought for her honor and beat up that spanish boy who touched her in lewd places that we shant mention here.

I can tell you that Fitzgerald was a voiceless hack with a huge fetish for Lost Generation literature due to a combination of extreme survival guilt and jealousy over Hemingway et al's ability to write profound truths as innate expression without needing hours upon hours of editing purple prose.

Keep in mind that Fitzgerald's literature was considered trite during its own time and he was so inconsequential a writer as to be shipped off to Hollywood where he still failed miserably, and his work was only elevated to fame during within the pit of cultural nostalgia in the 1930s.

I see what you did there

So cohn was a moralist white knight. Neato

>the girl of his dreams
No, he was a loser who clung to woman after woman because he was emotionally weak.

He didn't do it for any one else's good, he was a selfish asshole. He wasn't white knighting anyone but himself.

Sounds about right

Op Let's help you out here okay now your classmates are going to give simple essays on the basic similarities and difference of these novels but what you're going to do is makeup a deeply Innovative political belief and make a lot of big words and even make up your own words.
That will rlly blow ur teachers head off

They're both about the Lost Generation

Because this is high school, your teacher will love you using the term the Lost Generation and it will help your grade

>i am 16 and did not do muh homework. Pls halp

They both feature heavily strong suggestions leading to the fact that both the leads were secretly gay.

This could be extremely useful for your essay because that's just like you OP.

>Jake Barnes
>Gay

No, he just couldn't get it up anymore after his injury in the war.