Flatearthinator2020

oh wow.. i have single-handedly secured spacex`s budget, solved the flat earthers cult issue, and the lack of a real money maker for Disney world...

dont worry about your legs on hypersonic re-entry.. just wear real shoes, not some flip flops, and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.

Florida is just perfect for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_reusable_launch_system_development_program#Economics_of_rocket_reuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But, what about ..wait, this is brilliant

memes aside
this looks fun as hell, i can imagine that with a specific suite and some safty upgrades some ppl would actually do this crazy shit (me including)

how much would a ride cost?
according to my calculations based on a 2 stage launch, each person would have to pay $217520 for a ticket.maybe we can shave off $70000 per ticket , making it $147000 since it is only the first stage being used.

how much are you willing to pay for a ride that takes just 9 minutes?

Tickets are by the pound per person.

Please tell me that you made this yourself and didn't rip it from some other site

Wouldn't it be important to keep them alive at least until they reach space?

i made this myself

Details, details...

no, they are flat earthers.

the last thing they will see before passing out will the the curvature of the earth. but even when dying they will claim its caused by their eyeballs deforming from the gforces, and the low pressure environment

If we can do it as a crowdfunded event and send up some of the FE-people, then i'm all down for it.

Add this for maximum safety.

maybe add a pair of these as well.. also premium

Glorious.

yes , thats what a i was calculating. i took the average manlet weight of 80kg x 35 x $2,719/kg , and divided it by 35 (im pretty sure this thing can hold 40 persons, but i guess you gotta have to compensate for fat people)

the $2,719/kg are based on a 2 stage launch, cut the second stage, and you can at least cut 70000$ per person, since you have a lower take off weight

hah!

of course i still love you needs this sign

i guess you could cut even more than 70 000 from the price, since the second stage is lost cost anyways. they lose a super expensive merlin 1d orbital injection engine with each launch. but lets not forget the launch costs themselves, you need to pay for the infrastructure around the rocket launch as well. a complete lauch costs 61.2 million dollars. that includes the Falcon 9 payload lifter.
According to the United Launch Alliance, engines makes up approximately 65 percent of the total cost for the first stage. The first stage for the v1.1 of the Falcon 9 is probably around $30 million.
if SpaxeX wont donate one of their first stage boosters, you have to reach deep into your pocket.

>you have to reach deep into your pocket

hmmmm

we could still go to ariane space, they have a bunch of russian soyuz rockets they bought in bulk piled up in their backyard. nobody said we have to return the flat earthers safely.

they deny that gravity exists, they will experience gravity.

post a real picture next time m8

holy crap, why so high res.. i can't take that many lewd pixels.

i can't resist, i have to build this in kerbal space program now, and simulate how it would behave.
there is a falcon 9 to download.

Mite b cool until they all get incinerated by the descent burn.

They will die while ascending anyways, so when they come back you will have some fried meat.

>actually pointing this out

FULL AUTISM

>not using 4k+ images exclusively

They could potentially survive the ascent if they were in pressure suits.

>wasting money on people who will die
Just get them hard hat and be done with it.

>tfw can't post 4k webms or vp9 webms on Veeky Forums

Fund it

Make it exclusively flat earthers with no pressure suits, oxygen supply and heat shielding (since we never went to space anyway, lmao) and you've got yourself a deal sir

So, how much does the descend fuel cut the useful payload on these things?
Aren't rockets supposed to be ~80% fuel, just to take something to LEO?

holy shit

>A SpaceX rocket operating in the reusable configuration has approximately 30% less payload lift capacity than the same rocket in an expendable configuration.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_reusable_launch_system_development_program#Economics_of_rocket_reuse

fake and gay

>80kg
>manlet

So uh... you do know how it works right?

That's a very expensive way of killing people. France came up with a more efficient machine around 1789.

I like it, it's like a futuristic Pinochet.

american manlets, the typical american male is like 220kg

in 1789 they had terrible marketing. they did not sell the guillotine as amusement park ride. thats why they had to force people to get killed.
with the flatearthinator, people even PAY to get on a ride

of course.

it works with deadly precision.

its rather easy, you just have to ignore drag, and compression shock, and other aerodynamic principles resulting in a spectacular way to dispose of the "wake up sheeple" people. just imagine the contrail of aerosolized blood following the rocket, while their bodies disintegrate from the friction

have you done the math on how that affects the aerodinamics?

also, im pretty sure, those people are out of scale, in reality the rocket is much bigger

No, they are just american

LOOOOOOOOOLE BIN OWNED LE EBIN ROFLECOPTERRRIINNOOOOOO MY JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED

>at maximum thrust it decelerates with a rate of 100km/h every 3 seconds
>30m/s^s
>it's like 3G
>A person would experience 4G for 30 seconds of burn

Would it be doable without training?

you could mass produce telephone(utility) pole sized solid fuel rockets. Then you put a guy in a suit like that redbull skydiver used. he rides that smol rocket up to suborbital height. then he jumps away and freefalls back from 100,000 feet up.