What pen or pencil does Veeky Forums use to write with?

What pen or pencil does Veeky Forums use to write with?

Notepad.exe

Personally i use a pilot fountain pen. My only real regular writing consists of reading notes.

I use these to write my diary desu

Arent' those mostly for sketching? My uncle uses those for his paintings.

Bic Cristal pens are the patrician choice

you know it

My fingers always get tired from ballpoints.

Why so many pencil users?

Pilot V-Ball 0.5 masterrace reportinh in.

>open fountain pen
>nib is dry
>ink is low

;_;

yes, one red and one blue

>that broken English

I'm literally crying for our language guys. No memeing. It's honestly so sad.

What is wrong with it?

I have a Sheaffer that i enjoy writing with. Also just got a nice Waterman as a gift, though I am not sure exactly which one it is (I was just given the pen and some ink refills, haven't researched it enough) but it is a very nice pen. Used to have a TWSBI but it broke. It was a great writer, and held a shit ton of ink.

Though, if I'm writing at home, I'm always on my computer, writing with a mechanical keyboard. Something about that clickclack gets me in the groove.

Pic related. Looks like the Waterman that I have.

this bad boy with a fine blue refill.

cheap as chips and ergonomic af

Either MS Word, which I got free from somewhere, or one of those ballpoint pens with the four colors in one. You know the ones.

I once had one of those with about 14 colors that a friend brought back from China for me. It was great, but that was years ago and it's long since out of ink.

>inb4 you are a child
I know.

Pilot G2's.
They get smeary and inconsistent but you can buy cartridge replacements and they're very affordable/satisfying to use.

Uniball AIR micro is best pen desu

Uniball master race

Uniball Kuru toga 0.5 for pencil
Uniball Deluxe 0.5 pen

New ink just arrived today. Rohrer und Klinger "Salix" schreibtinte

It is darker than I expected, even though it goes on quite a bright blue, it dries to a dark blue-gray

lamy fountain tip. purple ink.

Ending the sentence with a preposition. This is more correct I think:

>What sort of pen or pencil does /literature/ use with which to write?

I don't know, I'm just guessing, I went through the same subpar education system as everyone else.

>With what pen or pencil does Veeky Forums write?

Fixed.
Ending with a preposition was only part of what's degenerate about OP's garbled, ADD-addled thought.
It's like OP is too stupid to realize "write" can be a main verb. The only thing he was missing was a split infinitive.
It's even more discouraging when you realize that OP is probably in the top 5% of English literacy. That's what I really mean when I say I cry for the language. OP posts on literature message boards in his spare time for amusement, he's above-average, and yet still this is what we get.

It is not a bad idea to lower your english in order to make your post more friendly and accessible.

Most college students, even students at elite universities, can't write for shit. They treated English classes as just another hurdle on their way to an MBA or law school or whatever. Sparknotes the required reading, buy a study guide, cram for the test. A significant minority of students fly in straight from Asia and speak English as a second language, and every year the administration considers relaxing the English requirement in order to scoop up more of that sweet international money.

Frixon Erasable Pen

I have almost daily moments of panic on arriving to my favorite cafe and worrying I forgot to refill my pen.

>with which to write
I don't believe in ending sentences with prepositions either, but every time I see something like this, I wish the collective intelligence of English language scholars could come up with something better than "with which to (verb)." A hundred years ago it might have sounded okay. These days it just sounds stilted.

The sad part is, I used to get high marks in grammar and virtually no corrections on my papers. After a decade or two of writing on the internet, though, I think I've forgotten at least a quarter of the grammar I knew. I dropped so much of it because I got sick of being seen as stuffy and conceited. I don't know if I could write a grammatically correct essay anymore if I wanted to.

Fisher Space Pen
Alvin Draft/Matic (.5)
EXPO markers for my wall mounted glass board (4x3)

I prefer pic related for general writing, but I use a Staedtler Pigment Liner to write in my diary because it's waterproof and archival and I'm a huge faggot like that.

yes

>$2.50 TO $50.00

Muh nigga.
Only pen I like using.

The brown glob of glue matches the cigarette mark on my finger.

This is in twenties money so that's like $50-1000.

At the time writing fluids were somewhat corrosive, so the nib would be made of 18k gold. Now stainless steel can be used instead, because of new metallurgy and better ink.

Nice meme, pity it is more useless than a cock flavoured lollypop.

retro 51 hexomatic

.7mm pentel

I bought a pilot metropolitan fountain pen and the fucker is a bitch to write with because the ink always dries out and then bleeds like crazy when I try to fix it.

I have one and it works well, what ink are you using?

If you take it back to the retailer they can probably help you too.

Pilot precise in blue, I like the fine not the extra fine

There favorites of writers, too.

Just buy regular pencils.

One of these bad boys inked with Noodler's Lexington Gray. I really love it, and fountain pens in general. Too bad it's a semi-expensive rabbit hole to jump down.

this is what I'm using, the blue/black color

Demonstrators are cool. How is Lexington Grey? Grey is my favorite color but i'm afraid it would be hard to read.

If its leaking just return it.

Do you leave it uncapped for a long time?

the ink just bleeds out of the "blade" part of the pen as I write. I don't think I've ever had it uncapped for longer than maybe 40 seconds

.35 or .3, idk what brand, I buy it from the dollar store a few minutes away from me and I only know some basic nihongo. Only issue is it runs out of ink pretty quickly, (a week's worth of use) but hey, dollar store pen.

The nib? (The metal part you write with)

When you say it bleeds do you mean that ink is splashing out of it? Or does the ink only come out when you try to write, but it is too much and the words end up with too much ink in them? The latter issue could be the paper.

Hero 616, because fuck you i like the chink life

>Blue ink.
>laughinggirls.jpg

>Or does the ink only come out when you try to write, but it is too much and the words end up with too much ink in them
this one, but it usually doesn't affect the words on the page. It usually doesn't write at all, and the ink just leaks all over the nib. I'm writing on clairefontaine paper out of a quo vadis notebook

Return it

What alternative is there?

Lamy is my workhorse. Cheap, alright quality (if a bit inconsistent), unassuming (no one steals them).
I have a waterman that I never use.
For grading, notes, reviews, etc. I use a 4 color bic.

But really fountains are the best, I learned on them and they are the only ones that don't make me want to amputate my arm after writing long enough.

I feel the same way, with a biro I "just can't"

Dixon Ticonderoga for outlining in a notebook. JDarkroom for writing on PC. Basically it's a fullscreen notepad.exe in green-on-black mono, keeps the distractions minimized.

I like it quite a bit. I have an EF Nib on my TWSBI, and it basically looks like i'm writing with a 'liquid pencil' of sorts. It stands out perfectly well even on cheap paper.

Is there honestly any reason to write on paper if you have access to a free word processor (ie. nearly everyone)?

I feel like the people who buy expensive mechanical pencils, leather-bound journals, fancy word processor programs or even fucking typewriters are just after the aesthetic of "writer", in the same way you get women who spend more time buying activewear than just going to the fucking gym. I'd be willing to bet money a good number of people in these sort of threads spend more time buying/thinking about buying expensive notebooks than actually writing.

That wasn't a rhetorical question btw, I genuinely wish I had a good reason to buy nice looking writing utensils and shit but at the end of the day I know it all boils down to just wanting to cosplay as Hemingway

The major advantage is that you can perform editing and corrections on your hard copy instead of waiting for it to print out. I can only compose well at about 15 wpm no matter what so typing at at 85 wpm has few advantages. The microcomputer is also filled with distractions and eye strain.

Most authors still use pen and paper because of this.

Imagree that typewriter people are weird though.

What editing do you need to do that a computer can't perform? Is it really important to have proof of the editing occurring, and evidence of the old text? Again, not rhetorical, genuinely interested.

I don't really buy the "distractions" argument. If you are not engrossed in what you are writing and find a word processor ribbon too eye-catching, that is a problem with you and not the program. Microsoft Word is bloated and dreadfully overcomplicated though, I would agree with that. But there are a plenitude of free, lightweight solutions.

Is eye strain really worse than wrist strain?

Pencils are shit tier unless you're drawing or doing math. Pens write so much smoother.

>.36
Pleb.

Foray 0.7 Ballpoint. Smooth to write with.

Pen: pilot g-tec c4
Pencil: roting 600, .35mm

>0.7

I prefer writing on a computer, I think faster than I can write with a pen, which leads me to forgetting ideas as they come.

I type almost as fast as my thoughts however, so it's less dangerous. I only find a computer distracting to write on when I'm just not in the mood to write, so I stop and do something else for a while. Only get eyestrain at night.

Now, about the evidence of editing: I hate computers for this because I have a hard time letting go of things, I like to edit a lot during my writing in order to keep direction and momentum, so it leads me to creating new documents as different versions, rather than deleting a old line or paragraph or chapter and risk wishing I had kept it and done something else with it.

Still, I do prefer writing on rich text to writing with a pen or pencil. Have never tried typewriters, but they do seem cumbersome and as if a lot could go wrong with them.

Am I the only one here who prefers the full 1.0 nib? Feels more fluid and you can't feel the metal point scratching the paper, although they do run out of ink real quick.

too thick tbhfam

I just Googled an image without looking. I use an 07.

Dam senpai, u jus got up in my jam, sam i am, green eggs and ham
But really, thick is an issue with editing I will admit.

it's not an argument i'm just telling you my personal preference.

I bought a more expensive pen and notebook because knowing I spent extra just to write makes me feel encouraged to write more often to make use of it.

lol for me it's the opposite. The moment I spend any significant amount of money of a hobby or activity or something I do like writing, or running, etc, I lose interest.

Still running in a used running jacket and pants I thrifted years and years ago. Still wont go to the gym or buy a home gym, just use lift and squat pieces of furniture and old piping, etc

>tfw leftie so fountain pens smudge

You need Noodler's Bernanke Blue ink. Fast dry for the Fed chairman. Adored by "lefties"

"When you must print a lot of paper fast, the ink must dry in just a second or two. The rally right of decimals and commas on Wall and Broad will require more and more ink to be true." Future ink price: $12,000,000,000,000.000
Get it today for only $12.50, a savings of over $11 trillion.

Also available for lefties: Noodler's Q-E ternity, and Noodler's BERNing red.

(its actually a real ink)

literally any gel pen

And?

fucking liberals

>lift and squat pieces of furniture
Lel
Never gonna make it
Forever a weak cuck

>Is it really important to have proof of the editing occurring, and evidence of the old text?

This is valuable to me, fun to look back on what you were thinking years ago as some proof to yourself that you've shed some of your awful habits/ideas. I also like writing, and enjoy trying different hand-writing styles, then I can flip through my notebooks and see the radical shifts in composition.

Like was otherwise mentioned, when at a computer I get distracted easily which never happens if I only have a notebook and pens.

Seriously! Desks, mattress boxes, pipes, pieces of cars like the hood, etc.

cant spend money or else i'll stop. sorry your dependant girly self needs a speshul room of dedicated equipment to be Veeky Forums

I use the old montblanc fountain pen granpa gave me.

Pencils can be a lot easier to write with.

At least for me the ability to flow over the page easier as opposed to pens lets my handwriting look a little bit less shit.

>bernanke
>Bernie sanduhs
Thanks for this. Kinda sorta just started getting into fountain pens and looking to order some ink samples

Not even going to look at noodlers

except in order to get Veeky Forums you need to progressively overload. Unless you happen to have an assortment of objects that get incrementally heavier, you will unfortunately never develop any strength to speak of, not in any reasonable time-frame at least, let alone form. You will think you're getting stronger but a literal 14 yo 2 months into Starting Strength will be able to outlift you

Dont be dissuaded just because the owner is a libertarian, and half the inks are political cartoons. They are actually really good ink. Some of them stain though (bay state series)

>not writing with your own blood

bunch of plebs i swear

Doesn't seem libertarian to me
Looks "liberal" in the current use of the word (aka commies)

Dude those pens rule, only pen I use. Mostly use Staedtler mechanical pencil or blackwing though

My presence in grime was incalculable
Be it on the airwaves
Or via the ARPANET

I find pencil so much better than ballpoint pens for handwriting. Fountain pens come close because they have a sharp point, but the ink always bleeds through.