twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think there isnt a universal one

to shut up

You don't deserve to know.

to not die, (very) well

KNOWLEDGE

being mean.

fuck bitches get money

There isn't a meaning of life. That's such a shitty anthropocentric thought. The meaning of "your" life is whatever you make of it.

That's if you don't even want to go down the rabbit hole of what is the "self"

>implying

Stirner posting

don't even fucking CONSIDER that question

look in the fucking eyes man and laugh ;)

Ejaculating deep inside a woman you love.

that has great potential. new lit meme coming?

What is the meaning of that question?

I came in her before you did

Thanks for lowering her standards.

Jokes on you, I never came inside anyone.

Real talk though, the best feeling is before you even bust and she tells you to cum inside her. That feeling is magnificent, the build up... The worst feeling is afterwards when you remember she isn't on the pill.

You're missing out, user. If I wasn't already convinced that nothing is real, there is no meaning to life, no purpose, and no self... Then I'd be inclined to agree that cumming inside someone you love is the meaning of life.

How do I know if I love a woman?

That, to be honest, is something I don't know how to put into words, or... well, how to put it to text without sounding like a sap or running on for far too long.

It's just something you know when you experience it. When you care just as deeply about them, and their wants, desires, interests, and thoughts as your own. Love is not what you perceive them to be or what you want or expect them to be.

"It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money."

How does one know they love pizza?

I've never been intimate with a woman so I can't know by experience, like with food.

What is the meaning of a door? What is the meaning of a horse? It seems ridiculous to ask these questions but humans view the question "What is the meaning of life?" with reverence. I think is the issue with our predicament. We are plagued with vague spiritual quests that are ultimately meaningless and illogical. We are all out of red ink. Sorry, I'm a Zizek apologist.

Before you had pizza, did you know you loved it?

balance

Man's purpose is to glorify God.

You have to come to know yourself and the world quite well; only then can you seek to successfully find a woman, you know you might be able to love, while studying the degrees of certainty to which it seems, she might know herself, and the world.

You have to reach some grand certainty: For instance, I love more than anything grass, I am certain, I quite certainly, think, so more than anything, I am seeking a woman who more than anything, loves grass, so that we might certainly be in and share our love, most successfully.

Time goes by and it turns out, I did not really love grass at all, I was wrong for thinking I was certain. Now I am certain I do not love grass, but my relationship is predicated on this love, this woman, who is certain she loves grass more than anything, and thus we love each other more than anything, for we celebrate our love of grass more than anything,

but now I see I do not love her, because I do not love grass, because I did not truly know myself, my loves, my relationship to myself and the world;

and so now venturing forth, I have learned my lesson, I am certain of it, I will be certain to be cautious, certainly, that I will predicate my seeking of most significant other, on a certain understanding of myself, and the world, and the other. I must know things about myself, my loves (and my loves to hates), certainly, to best know an other, and I must approach a certainty, of knowing that other, has done the same, to have the least amount of chances, of time unraveling what we make of ourselves, no one says it was easy, how could it be? And if you can answer that, then perhaps it can be

No, but maybe what I thought I loved was the thrill of experiencing something new and the pizza was actually mediocre.

Happiness.
What is better: to be understood or respected?

the sole purpose of life is life itself, let the existential plundering begin...

to live,

You want to put your dick in her so bad that you're willing to risk half your property in a divorce, as well as having to pay alimony and child support.

That's lust.

It's bizarre that this is the best answer on this thread...

No, that is "love." Go get married and pay your taxes.

If that second sentence is meant as an insult, I can confirm you are 13.

That's not love, that's commitment.

For purpose of amusement, yes, I would agree. It is the causation of life. And as far as nature goes, procreation and extending life to future generations and their future generations is, in essence, its goal. Though meaning it is not because meaning is a construct. Beyond that, there is no meaning to humanity or meaning of the self.

Is there a bigger meme than meaning?

it's a film by monty python

I forget Veeky Forums is a feminist board

>Not seeing tax payment as a "sick comeback" means I'm a feminist
Alright, I suppose you need to be at least 14 to develop a boogeyman like that.

What is the meaning of life? What is the life of meaning? The meaning of what is life. The life of what is meaning. Meaning what is life of. Of what life is meaning?

Need I say more

Comeback against what? Are you insane?

>seeing love as something other than just a legal commitment makes you a feminist

But before that, let's ask ourselves, what is life?

From a natural biological point of view or through an anthropocentric existential view?

both, and neither.

Touche my dear man

Humans are born with an overdeveloped skill (understanding, self-knowledge). The human craving for justification on matters such as life and death cannot be satisfied, hence humanity has a need that nature cannot satisfy. The tragedy, following this theory, is that humans spend all their time trying not to be human. The human being, therefore, is a paradox.

In The Last Messiah Zapffe described four principal defense mechanisms that humankind uses to avoid facing this paradox:

Isolation is "a fully arbitrary dismissal from consciousness of all disturbing and destructive thought and feeling".[3]
Anchoring is the "fixation of points within, or construction of walls around, the liquid fray of consciousness".[3] The anchoring mechanism provides individuals a value or an ideal that allows them to focus their attentions in a consistent manner. Zapffe also applied the anchoring principle to society, and stated "God, the Church, the State, morality, fate, the laws of life, the people, the future"[3] are all examples of collective primary anchoring firmaments.
Distraction is when "one limits attention to the critical bounds by constantly enthralling it with impressions".[3] Distraction focuses all of one's energy on a task or idea to prevent the mind from turning in on itself.
Sublimation is the refocusing of energy away from negative outlets, toward positive ones. The individuals distance themselves and look at their existence from an aesthetic point of view (e.g., writers, poets, painters). Zapffe himself pointed out that his produced works were the product of sublimation.

Get money, smoke weed, fuck bitches

Humans are born with a blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (blah blah blah blah) blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (...) blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.[B] Blah blah blah blah blah (blah blah blah blah blah). Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah[L] blah blah blah blah: blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.[A] Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah' blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" blah blah blah. [H] Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

>No, but maybe what I thought I loved was the thrill of experiencing something new and the pizza was actually mediocre.

Then do you really love pizza?

What are you doing here?

What does "meaning" "mean"?

I don't think you can love food.

To reach ever great heights, and enjoy chilling in le plateaus when ye want

What will that give you in the face of death?

youtube.com/watch?v=SvMiXk2gGSk

lol obviously reading books and getting pussaaay

A few too many commas, but I like the grass analogy.

Underrated post

check m8 nile lists

lol

would you hate having no food?

heh, ever heard of a foodie, kid?

It's a one way relationship, so I don't think it's genuine love.

>What will that give you in the face of death?
Depends what type, incoming bear attack? The knowledge to defend yourself from bears?

not jerking off to hentai and helping others when they need it

>It's a one way relationship, so I don't think it's genuine love.

The ripest fruit is yearning to be naturally selected, it is begging to be eaten, so that it may spread its seed

That's not love.

what is love?

babby, you can hurt me ;)

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF MEANING THO??

A fully arbitrary dismissal from consciousness of all disturbing and destructive thought and feeling.

Sense of worth lived. Self satisfaction.

Funny enough, the point Douglas Adams was making with the "answer to life, the universe, and everything." be 42 and the related question of "life, the universe, and everything" being " What is nine times six?" (54) is that life makes no sense. This coming from the man who had this to say on the universe and our place in it.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

It's whatever you want it to be.

Seriously. You can try to maximize happiness, wealth, power or any number of other things if you choose. At the end of the day, we are all going to die, so your short time alive should ultimately be spent doing whatever it is you want to do.

Most of the time we don't due to shackles we put on ourselves in the form of debt, society, religion, etc.

Now, obviously there are a lot of people who would have a harder time doing certain things than others. Setting realistic goals for yourself is part of that. A starving kid in Africa probably can't become a king.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter. Eventually you will die, and your memory lost to time.

That's how I view it at least. Honestly, I've been debating offing myself nightly for the last few years. I'm married, have a house, relatively successful job, by all measures, things are "going well", but life still feels hollow.

Read the Gospels and Plato's Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, and Phaedo.

You'll be gud ked.

thanks sean

Imprisonment I guess.

absolute plebbery, Veeky Forums

to live a meaningful life and to pass on our knowledge to the next generation.