What are some autistic/quirky things you do while reading?

What are some autistic/quirky things you do while reading?

I never have a "bookmark" bookmark.
A bookmark is for me a "ticket" to a book. I use a scrap of paper to mark where I stopped reading and when I finish a book i tear the sheet and for the next book use a different one.

This is interesting. I normally buy spools of ribbon and create my own. I am considering buying a small pocket sized journal and using a page per book, then at the end I will write a summary of the book for review.

I keep a log in Evernote of how many pages I read and from what book every time I read. I time myself when reading and log that too. Then I calculate how fast I'm reading, and estimate how much longer the book will take to finish.

I also make a note for each book with a list of characters and sometimes a few major plot points or things I want to remember.

And I have a couple notes for books I want to read. And I have a note for books I've read with what date I finished them on.

Should I have myself tested for autism?

Not unless you also decide to recollect all the books you've read since the point when you reached literacy.

What do you mean by recollect? My list also has every book I can remember reading at the bottom, sans dates.

Sometimes when I'm reading a book in English, I like to read a couple of passages out loud in the poshest British accent I'm capable of.

I tear the page put of the book once I've finished it. Sometimes I accidentally pull out the page without having read the other side but I always know what page in on that way.

Your autism triggers my autism.

Ew, that's gross user.

so would you say the paper is the key to your books ignition

Sometimes I record myself reading a passage I particularly like because I want to improve my voice and diction, but I'm so self-conscious about anyone hearing me I end up sounding like a whispering sperg and make myself feel even worse.

>I'm so self-conscious about anyone hearing me I end up sounding like a whispering sperg and make myself feel even worse.

I highlight the best parts of the page I'm currently reading, the most attention grabbing or emotion-drawing parts. If I can't highlight anything on that page, I write -1 on it. The more -1s a book has, the higher it goes on my "Bad Author List".

One thing I also do is highlight obvious exposition in red marker, and then reread the book skipping all the red, and see what happens.

I can't use ereaders because i read using an iterative process that involves folding the pages

I also know that feel.

Holy shit, you have a problem. Just get a kindle, it calculates the time it will take you to finish a book (or even the particular chapter). I'm not an ebookfag but clearly you need this.

Just curious though, do your predicted james usually come true? How much does your reading speed differ from book to book?

My predicted times are very accurate, within a 5% margin.

My reading speed does differ between books. Harry Potter I can read 1.7 pages per minute. Others it's like 1-1.5 pages a minute.

>Holy shit, you have a problem
This is what I was afraid of.

When i stumble upon a great, interesting quote i read it a couple of times and after reading the whole book i read'em all again.

I'm too lazy to use a bookmark, so i just remember where i was

Not really quirky but I use a highlighter as a bookmark so I can easily highlight interesting segments.

I dont read books that I think I like. I push them further away. I read crappy shit and hope to find something good.

I keep a massive log of quotes, paragraphs, aphorisms, really anything I find particularly invigorating, and have them all sorted by topic and type of literature. I also always type them in more than once to try to commit it to memory better. With an absolutely abysmal short-term memory and ADD, it's the only chance I have of remembering anything I've read correctly.

Yeah I do this for every book I read, and literally end up with a three tier ranking system for all the passages I've saved. My topmost favorite passages from any given book could probably be read through in 5-10 pages per book.

It's like a little pyramid structure of passages to remember my favorite parts and preserve the quotes which best resonate with me and best preserve the spirit of the book.

Your trigger autist my triggerism.

When I finish reading a page I rip it own and throw it in the bin.